BURNITUP Released to iTUNES + YouTube Stream

Not exactly, it's best case scenerio but it's far from automatic (thus it being news worthy) it wasn't for Lenny, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, & Kelly or Michelle...soooo no, bad example. She owned, her sales surged, and shes a hot topic (STILL all these months later she's made the news even before  the Janet news). And I just can never agree that undenyably 1 of the best female MC's and producers of all time is overated, for you OK, but ...yea no. She is like the Ferris Wheel tho, you can always count on seeing it and there being a line for it, and it's the staple of what you think of with amusement parks, and she's the staple most should/would think of with great female MC's. Proof? Janet worked with her for 4 songs

Lenny, RHCP, and Beyonce's back up dancers aren't very big to begin with. Lenny doesn't really have as many hits.. But I'm sure his singles and albums surged post-super bowl performance. 

Michelle and Kelly are more notably Destiny Child than anything and I'm sure they surged. 

Ferris wheels are can't tour though. How many people are like "ONG THAT FERRIS WHEEL WAS THE BEST PART..." Nah doesn't happen 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/6457966/super-bowl-halftime-show-album-sales-boost-graphic

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1537602/super-bowl-halftime-shows-who-got-the-biggest-sales-bumps

http://www.951wayv.com/katy-perry-sees-album-sales-boost-after-super-bowl-halftime-performance/

Edited by The Game Forever
Linkages

Lenny, RHCP, and Beyonce's back up dancers aren't very big to begin with. Lenny doesn't really have as many hits.. But I'm sure his singles and albums surged post-super bowl performance. 

Michelle and Kelly are more notably Destiny Child than anything and I'm sure they surged. 

Ferris wheels are can't tour though. How many people are like "ONG THAT FERRIS WHEEL WAS THE BEST PART..." Nah doesn't happen 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/6457966/super-bowl-halftime-show-album-sales-boost-graphic

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1537602/super-bowl-halftime-shows-who-got-the-biggest-sales-bumps

http://www.951wayv.com/katy-perry-sees-album-sales-boost-after-super-bowl-halftime-performance/

Actually I think you'd be surprised at how popular the Ferris Wheel always is (thus it being a staple). Those recipts are cute, but since none got the major coverage that Missy's did, it's not the same thing, surges sure I guess, but her's was bigger thus a hot topic.Her sales increase was 282 percent according to Billboard, according to your source, Katy's surge was 52percent and Lenny's was 21 percent....Everyone gets a increase, sure, didn't say they didn't, but there's a reason Missy's was so major.

All three performers received a boost... That is temporary and since Missy didn't capitalize off it, it now means nothing and when she finally decides to release new solo music, it will flop bc she's outdated

She sure will if she drops singles without any kind of promo of any kind again. BUT your opinion on her being outdated is kinda...just a opinion, because of how ridiculously versatile she is and easily adaptable (greatest example is her song with J.Cole, Nobody's Perfect), with the right music and right promo (both of which always gave her a huge hand in the success she has) she'll be fine.

Actually I think you'd be surprised at how popular the Ferris Wheel always is (thus it being a staple). Those recipts are cute, but since none got the major coverage that Missy's did, it's not the same thing, surges sure I guess, but her's was bigger thus a hot topic.Her sales increase was 282 percent according to Billboard, according to your source, Katy's surge was 52percent and Lenny's was 21 percent....Everyone gets a increase, sure, didn't say they didn't, but there's a reason Missy's was so major.

She sure will if she drops singles without any kind of promo of any kind again. BUT your opinion on her being outdated is kinda...just a opinion, because of how ridiculously versatile she is and easily adaptable (greatest example is her song with J.Cole, Nobody's Perfect), with the right music and right promo (both of which always gave her a huge hand in the success she has) she'll be fine.

Missy's was major bc Missy went from 0 to 282.. Which is a 282% increase (an example) 

It is my opinion but soon enough it will turn into fact whenever she decides to release new music (again). Yes, she could jump on a hot act's song and ride the wave but I said "solo".. Being a featured artist isn't the same as releasing a single (with or without a feature).  

Missy's was major bc Missy went from 0 to 282.. Which is a 282% increase (an example) 

It is my opinion but soon enough it will turn into fact whenever she decides to release new music (again). Yes, she could jump on a hot act's song and ride the wave but I said "solo".. Being a featured artist isn't the same as releasing a single (with or without a feature).  

Well she was off the radar, if that's what you mean, only doing features so OK, it still made major news.

No that's not what I meant, we all know she'll be doing features, in that light she's never went anywhere, the point was that on his song she was very much rapping in the way that's popular right now, and killing it (as always) thus she can adapt to the new current trends and styles of Hip Hop and hopefully bring in some actual good ones

Well she was off the radar, if that's what you mean, only doing features so OK, it still made major news.

No that's not what I meant, we all know she'll be doing features, in that light she's never went anywhere, the point was that on his song she was very much rapping in the way that's popular right now, and killing it (as always) thus she can adapt to the new current trends and styles of Hip Hop and hopefully bring in some actual good ones

Yes it did. I'm not denying that.

sure. I'm sure she will or mask the scent of a flop with an awesome video like she did in the past. 

That Jarryl girl is really dumb. and so is Game. 

Not using a Gospel artist, Beyoncé's lackey, and a guitarist as proof for your argument. Newsflash, they didn't see a surge in their sales because they didn't perform any of THEIR songs. 

I don't even know why you birds are even arguing. Fact is, Missy did see a higher surge/more buzz form her cameo than Katy. Discussion should have ended there.

Coming here expecting info and it's you two idiots going back & forth over moot points. Take it to PM. No wonder no one posts anymore hjgfdghjkhgfhjk. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

You can get the tea directly from some of Janet club's moderators :lol: They always leave some hits of whats about to happen but nobody seems to actually get it :lol: 

I Knew that something about Burnitup was gonna happen when a mod left a elusive comment on a thread like this one over there.

I don't even know why you birds are even arguing. Fact is, Missy did see a higher surge/more buzz form her cameo than Katy. Discussion should have ended there.

Maybe you should read more than a post or two b4 coming for us. Reading is fundamental. No one said Missy didn't receive a higher surge. Obviously she did :umm:

i I don't even know why you've decided to butt into a convo, late. 

• Upvote 1

IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMN READY FOR THE SONG!!! 

Maybe you should read more than a post or two b4 coming for us. Reading is fundamental. No one said Missy didn't receive a higher surge. Obviously she did :umm:

i I don't even know why you've decided to butt into a convo, late. 

Now Game, you know reading of any kind isn't his strong suit, as he so obviously proven here. But it's the public school systems fault not his, maybe making it to 7th grade this year he'll learn something. And don't you see, his late reply is a obvious cry for attention.

• Upvote 2

IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DAMN READY FOR THE SONG!!! 

Now Game, you know reading of any kind isn't his strong suit, as he so obviously proven here. But it's the public school systems fault not his, maybe making it to 7th grade this year he'll learn something. And don't you see, his late reply is a obvious cry for attention.

This song needs to come out TODAY! Haha These two weeks are going to slide by slow as funk 

We as a country really need to invest in grade school education -_- Illiteracy? NO!

• Upvote 1

This song needs to come out TODAY! Haha These two weeks are going to slide by slow as funk 

We as a country really need to invest in grade school education -_- Illiteracy? NO!

RIGHT, personally, like it's time, it's SO time. And yea September feels like the longest month ever honestly right now lol.

Right like it's great that Janet has a following with the children still, but you can't just ignore 2 commandments "Ignorance? NO!, Illiteracy? NO!" It's not a good reflection on her or any of us.-_-

• Upvote 1