question, Ive been wondering

Bailey

since Janet is doing the same sequence of "RN, Scream and If" why isnt she using images of Michael from the music video during Scream? I dont get it, unless the estate is baring her from doing so. I know at UCAP tour that moment of the show where we see Michael and hear scream is loud with the crowd

I'm just more annoyed that she's rerunning this sequence. This tour should be all new everything. 

I keep thinking about the set list and am annoyed that she's rushing through so many songs. Feels Vegas. Make it more of theme/Movement, not just a run through of all the hits. Hoping the second leg gets a tweak. Scream is amazing (especially the video) but it's more of a MJ song. I honestly feel like she's only performing it because she feels like she has to/ wants to honor him. She never performed it before he passed...

• Upvote 2

I'm just more annoyed that she's rerunning this sequence. This tour should be all new everything. 

I keep thinking about the set list and am annoyed that she's rushing through so many songs. Feels Vegas. Make it more of theme/Movement, not just a run through of all the hits. Hoping the second leg gets a tweak. Scream is amazing (especially the video) but it's more of a MJ song. I honestly feel like she's only performing it because she feels like she has to/ wants to honor him. She never performed it before he passed...

Scream is more of a MJ song? If you ignore the fact that Jimmy and Terry's didn't produce the track or that Janet and her golden team wrote and produced it. She killed the dance routine. She killed the vocals so much, MJ turned her vocals down. 

It's classic Janet with a hint of MJ

As for the first paragraph.. Janet has a ton of hits that many love and that she's famous for.. There's no song she should cut  from the tour. I rather have bits of her hits then full songs 

• Upvote 1

Janet was responsible for getting the director for the video....now the look may have been Michael's idea...I do agree with the post that the show goes fast and rushes, but in a good way. I only thought the Scream/If/RN was odd to do again like that because as a diehard I have seen it already. BUT this does NOT take into account most people going out to see her haven't seen this or they dont remember the medleys are a slight rehash. On the plus side Janet did give those classics a new life with new mixes

I'll see her in 2 weeks. The show goes fast but it makes people want her more i'm guessing. They'll be anticipating for her to tour again and look forward to television appearances and performances. She's back at the top of her throne and i'm loving it

she's certainly back, in ways Im speechless, I honestly think this is where she would be if no SB had happen....at this point in her career ....as for the show, its great, its fun, they did a lot to bring it to life, the choreography is newer, its new mixes of old songs, she could still tweek it a bit and get even more out of it

• Upvote 1

she's certainly back, in ways Im speechless, I honestly think this is where she would be if no SB had happen....at this point in her career ....as for the show, its great, its fun, they did a lot to bring it to life, the choreography is newer, its new mixes of old songs, she could still tweek it a bit and get even more out of it

I think she's gonna tweak it during the second leg where her stages are bigger since she'll be doing arenas. Notice how her white outfit changed within a few weeks. Now she's got shoulder pads with gold rimmings on each side

I think she's gonna tweak it during the second leg where her stages are bigger since she'll be doing arenas. Notice how her white outfit changed within a few weeks. Now she's got shoulder pads with gold rimmings on each side

the outfit did change, but Miss Jackson should think about incorporating the new album, set changes, adding more layers to the show, its fast, its a hard hit and leave em .....I would do more to it, but as it is....its one hell of a show

• Upvote 2

If yall dont like her rehashing that same sequence (which i dont see is a big deal since everything else looks to be fresh and re-invented) ...then why should Michael coming up on screen be a big deal? Wouldnt that be adding on to her "rehashing" ?

She did it on her last tour to honor him..that was her first tour post his death,i really dont see why she would need to show his face with each presentation of the song from this point on. It was a duet. Not a feature.  She's been there,done that. Let her move on...her putting the song on her setlist is  honoring him enough. Im glad she's not doing the same exact thing...for what?

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 2

Bailey. This is a JANET show. She does not need nor have to rely on Mike to drive the audience crazy. She's already done that Mike on screen thing . Let her move on with fresh ideas. I would think yall would be glad she's not rehashing as much shit as she use to. Hooray for Janet! In my book...idk what yall on 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

Most of the show is fresh and new and you're complaing about a 4 song sequence??? :blink:

This is the most re-invented tour she has ever done. Have you ever stopped to think the reason some artists keep the same sequence is because sonically the songs make sense to follow one another? Black Cat, If, Scream and RN are along the same lines. Its a perfect sequence. Lets give credit to the tons of new ideas ,choreography and remixes than one itty bitty small part of the show that is the same . 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 2

Bailey. This is a JANET show. She does not need nor have to rely on Mike to drive the audience crazy. She's already done that Mike on screen thing . Let her move on with fresh ideas. I would think yall would be glad she's not rehashing as much shit as she use to. Hooray for Janet! In my book...idk what yall on 

fine....whatever....add more Janet to the next legs, get the venues packed, you did to o much -_-

Damn i'ma have to go to Target just to get an exclusive album? I already pre-ordered "Unbreakable" on Itunes, and I pre-ordered the Vinyl cd on her website, as well as both "No Sleeep" singles, and the "Unbreakable" and the "Burn It Up" single. SMH 

chile we all pre-order this ish....Ima have to work more overtime... :sigh:  this chick is getting my coins :filenails:

• Upvote 1

It's funny seeing some of the young fans getting their life to it on ATRL who are only just seeing Janet for the first time. I think it's a special moment in the show so I'm kind of glad she kept that. Didn't realize she doesn't use his image. I doubt the estate is barring her. They don't own the rights to his face, do they. It doesn't bother me tbh.

I wondered about Michael on the screen as well since she used the vid during scream and images of them in together again during ucap tour. But I do remember her saying around then (I think on Oprah) she preferred only seeing pictures of him when they were younger; it may still be too hard to look at his image behind her every night. 

Have you been to the show yet?  Scream gets one of the loudest reaction from the audience..\

And if she did the full songs she would have to leave a few of them out.. That would piss off a lot of people.. 

• Upvote 2

the outfit did change, but Miss Jackson should think about incorporating the new album, set changes, adding more layers to the show, its fast, its a hard hit and leave em .....I would do more to it, but as it is....its one hell of a show

I'm sure adding more songs from the new album will come with the 2nd or 3rd leg.. Right now it's 5 songs from Unbreakable..

I'm sure it gets a great reaction. I remember the way everyone freaked out when she did it during the Up Close & Personal tour. She never performed the song while MJ was still alive... I'm guessing b/c it was from his album, and I remember her saying something about it turning out different than she expected. (Something about being disappointed about her vocals being too quiet during the "oh my god can't believe what i saw as I turned on the TV..." part)

I love the song, but what's the point of performing it if she doesn't do the dance break? And if it's the same sequence, then she moves onto "IF" right before the "Scream" dance break is about to start. Correct me if I'm remembering wrong.