UNBREAKABLE: The Album - First Listen "Review"

bu.

Unbreakable - Her vocals on this slay me so much still. 

BURNITUP - BOP! I can't get this out of my head

Dammn Baby – THE BEAT GOES HARD YES!!!!! LET ME BOP THIS IS A BOP! I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This would be a better single over BURNITUP tbh! Love the IGL sample! Second Listen: This song is INFECTIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The Great Forever – YAS!!! I knew I was going to love this as soon as I heard that clip and it sure didn't disappoint! Second Listen: LOVE the intro to this. It really is quite glorious! 

Shoulda Known Better – Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! I fucking love it. It’s almost anthemic in sound and I love the lyrics. Second Listen: This song almost makes me sad a little. It's like that moment you know you need to take the plaster off but you're scared.

After You Fall – this is so beautiful :(. Simple yet beautiful. Second Listen: probably the first glimpse into how she felt post Superbowl/MJ death etc. It's kind of like "I'm going through this...is anyone there for me?". It is a sad song in a sense but also uplifting at the same time. It's like that moment on the steps when the girls go comfort Patty. 

Broken Hearts Heal – cute. As soon as it started it got me grooving a little. Has an old Motown feel to it. Second Listen: Not as slayed as other songs but I think it's a grower. I do love the old-school feel to it

Night – YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG THIS IS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The chorus is everything!!! The remixes to this are going to SLAY!! Second Listen:lsdkoskdoaskdoskd!! I CANNOT COPE! 

No Sleeep - listening to the album...I'm still glad she chose this as the first single. It's not the best on the album by far but it's still a hot song!!!

Dream Maker / Euphoria – Intro (Dream Maker?) is SO good! Like an old-school Kanye joint from his debut. And then when Euphoria starts properly I’m here grooving away in bed. I love when she starts speaking! Second Listen: YAS!!!!! It doesn't hit as hard as some of the others but it's a groove bop

2 B Loved – YAS!!!!! Dare I say it…it sounds almost like a DJ Mustard production at first that Big Sean would be on :lmao:! It’s a nice song actually. I love her vocals!! Second Listen: Ok not as DJ Mustardy as I thought. I feel the need to repeat this over and over.

Take Me Away – I think THIS is my favourite so far. I can relate to it so much!!! Second Listen: STILL SLAYED!!! Deifnitely my favourite along with Dammn Baby and After You Fall

Promise – wow this is quite…it tugs at the heart a little. Her lower register >>>>>>>>!!!!!!! Mess at it only being 58 seconds. I want more!!! Haha. Second Listen: Needs to be longer!!!! I need a full version Janet! I hope Promise Of You the bons is the full one

Lessons Learned – I love the lyrics to this. She sounds quite divine. Music feels a little loud at points but it’s cute. It gets more emotional as it goes on! The second chorus :(. Second Listen: Even better on the 2nd listen!! I wonder how it would sound with more layered harmonies. 

Black Eagle – Love the finger snaps! The bass sounds like it could ruin my car tbh! This is quite sexy actually once the music kicks in! YASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her vocals on this album have been the best since AFY tbh! Second Listen: Why does it remind me of Can't B Stopped?

Well Travelled – LOVE the strings intro! Ugh this is a Janet I’ve missed!!!! IntrospectiveNET!!! CountryNET! I feel like AC could eat this up. I wonder if she’ll end up having one of those tour footage type videos for this. It’s that type of song. Second Listen: I LOVE THIS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Gon’ Be Alright – Mess at this reminding me of What’ll I Do at the start LOL! WAIT!!! YASSSSSSSSSS!!! This is quite funky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!! SLAY ME JAN! The end is cute. I love when she keeps her errors :lmao:! I laughed at the end. “I should know better after all these years” :lmao: Second Listen: MESS at me getting intot he moment and throwing things off my table to climb up and dance to this!

It’s new so obviously I’m going to love it a lot but I’ll be honest. It’s definitely better than everything post All For You. I think in the end I might prefer it to AFY too. This is a Janet we’ve ALL missed. Lyrics that actually MEAN something to her and US. STRONG vocals! GREAT production! The wait was definitely worth it!

Out of all the reviews, I'read so far, yours is my favorite. It made me laugh, yearn, and made want to drive tk your house, and steal your CD at gun point.

I WANT IT SO BAD!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

Ok so I called, and very calmly, and in a very mannerly fashion, I asked WHY THE FUCK HAVE I NOT GOTTEN MY JANET CD YET!!! Other non-deserving Janet fans got theirs. I preordered it the day it was avaliable for preorder. The asshole laughed at me, told me he understood my concern, apologized, and didn't do a fucking thing else! I hope all of you assholes thst got it early get diarrhea!!! Which one of you live near the philadelphia area? PM me your address. :wub:

Edited by Jodienda76

Out of all the reviews, I'read so far, yours is my favorite. It made me laugh, yearn, and made want to drive tk your house, and steal your CD at gun point.

I WANT IT SO BAD!!!!! 

Haha thanks! You're always welcome but you'd have to fly over to the UK :P

Ok so I called, and very calmly, and in a very mannerly fashion, I asked WHY THE FUCK HAVE I NOT GOTTEN MY JANET CD YET!!! Other non-deserving Janet fans got theirs. I preordered it the day it was avaliable for preorder. The asshole laughed at me, told me he understood my concern, apologized, and didn't do a fucking thing else! I hope all of you assholes thst got it early get diarrhea!!! Which one of you live near the philadelphia area? PM me your address. :wub:

Aah shucks! I hope it comes to you soon!

Yes. Janet carefully crafted this. She was worth every, year, month, week, hour, minute of wait! I fucking love this!

I tweeted Jimmy and asked him did "Unbreakable" make the Grammy window....I know what some of u think here already, but I think if Janet ever deserved praise this album does.

I tweeted Jimmy and asked him did "Unbreakable" make the Grammy window....I know what some of u think here already, but I think if Janet ever deserved praise this album does.

I know to some of you, these things are important. If Janet gets a grammy, or several, good for her. I'm 100% anout her art. The only reason I would give four fucks about the grammys would be if Janet would show up to perform. Other than that, they can stick it.

I know to some of you, these things are important. If Janet gets a grammy, or several, good for her. I'm 100% anout her art. The only reason I would give four fucks about the grammys would be if Janet would show up to perform. Other than that, they can stick it.

I guess but after all the parties champagne and what not, an artist is usually recognized by how many Grammies they've won....and Janet herself has been introduced many times as "let's give a warm welcome to 6 time Grammy award winnner Janet Jackson"

THE GRAMMYS MATTER....and Im kinda pissed they may have missed any consideration for this album

I'd love to see her win another grammy and perform there, again. I would think No Sleeep, Unbreakable (even though it's not a proper single), and Burnitup! would all be eligible. The album itself with any future single would just be pushed to the 2017 Grammy awards. No Sleeep I would also THINK would get a couple nominations for 2016. :unsure:

• Upvote 2

I'd love to see her win another grammy and perform there, again. I would think No Sleeep, Unbreakable (even though it's not a proper single), and Burnitup! would all be eligible. The album itself with any future single would just be pushed to the 2017 Grammy awards. No Sleeep I would also THINK would get a couple nominations for 2016. :unsure:

No Sleep is the only thing that would be considered at the point

I only have one complaint. This album is up there with TVR for me. However, I wish there were some great interludes in between. Other than that, This album is life.

Lessons Learned reminds me of (funny how time flies), And a better version of The Body That Loves You.

I was kinda glad this album didnt have interludes