Where would you Rank 'Unbreakable' along with her other albums?

T.C

Yeah I have the whole house to myself today so it's a perfect day to really study the album. We can say she had 7 years to get it right but it's not like she was in the studio for 7  years.  Janet had been through a lot and was obviously not giving a fuck about the music business and was rather uninspired. Janet decided to do her and get rid of all the baggage and found love and marriage and a new found strength that she seems to do so well.  This woman is so strong with all the shit that has been thrown at her.  We know if Janet had kept the same formula she wouldn't have released the last 3 albums back to back as she would always take 3/4 years in between albums.  Damn I love this woman!!!!! And SEXLINES......who the hell put a gun to her head to record that shit!!!!!  It couldn't have been from this last production.  What a waste of time JD was for her but he gave Janet what she needed personally unfortunately not musically and it's not our business.  The way she handled that shit too.....damn Janet is not to be messed with. 

The Great Forever.....damn damn damn.....those vocals slay!!!!!!!  And the production of that song kills!  Wow I'm just amazed. Her delivery is amazing.  Now I can't stop listening to The Great Forever.  

The funny thing is the only song that hasn't got me yet is Dammn Baby.  We all have our tastes.  I think Janet has always been amazing singer but has restrained herself a lot because she knew people would compare her to Michael and she didn't want that but now she's embracing it after his death.  This was first evident in "Enjoy".  I don't hear Michael's style on this at all except for the title track Unbreakable and Gonna Be Alright.  But when she sings in her lower register it's evident she sounds like him.  At least for my personal taste I enjoy her vocals more cause she switches it up to her higher register. :clapping::clapping::clapping:  I'm actually tearing up now. 

• Upvote 1

I just want to go on record and say that not only will be giving Jimmy and Terry slow head on-sight when I see them, but they are getting free voodoo-coochie-coupons (aint no expiration date on it). YAS! That damn Jimmy and Terry. Words cannot express how much I appreciate them working with Janet again.

• Upvote 2

I just want to go on record and say that not only will be giving Jimmy and Terry slow head on-sight when I see them, but they are getting free voodoo-coochie-coupons (aint no expiration date on it). YAS! That damn Jimmy and Terry. Words cannot express how much I appreciate them working with Janet again.

nnnnnn sis.....can't u just do a thank ya :lmao:

It's way too soon to rank...but this is how I'm feeling at the moment.

1. The Velvet Rope

2. Rhythm Nation 1814

3. Unbreakable

4. Damita Jo

5. janet

6. Janet Jackson

7. 20 Y.O.

8. Control

9. All For You

10. Discipline

11. Dream Street

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I have an unfair advantage since I had 2 weeks to fully digest it, but right now I'd rank it around 4th place (a great result b/c I already consider the top 3 albums perfection).

1. janet.
  2. Rhythm Nation 1814
  3. The Velvet Rope
  4. Unbreakable
  5. Damita Jo
  6. Control
  7. All For You
  8. 20 Y.O.
  9. Discipline
  10. Dream Street
  11. Janet Jackson

I agree.. It's far too soon.. I just got it so of course I'm going to rank it higher than usual but for the fun of it.. Not including 'Unbreakable' Here we go:

Least to Most Favorite:

1. Dream Street - Disaster Avenue is just that. 

2. Janet Jackson - There's some cool bops on here but it's dated

3. Discipline - Janet didn't write and she was just trying too hard to capture the trend. The meaning behind it was meh and the production lacked.

4. 20 YO - The album title alone is meh but understandable. The production value peaked on the second half of the album (after With U). Jimmy & Terry did their best. 

5.  Damita Jo - Too many cooks in the kitchen for me. The sound was just everywhere. I felt it like a collection of songs on one album instead of a consistent album. I know the Super Bowl made Janet go back and redo everything but still.

6. janet. - Probably my least favorite of her greatest albums. "If" & "TTWLG" are classics and never-aging but besides that, too many interludes

7. Control - Despite it sounding so dated, it is pop perfection. From beginning to end, minus the 2 filler tracks, this album is solid

8. The Velvet Rope - Overrated by the fans but the album we all personally love and relate to the most. It's Janet's deepest album and I love it

9. Rhythm Nation 1814 - Enough said

10. All For You - My baby... My first love.

Oh, so you became a fan after "All for You"

That explains a lot. :coffee:

• Downvote 1

Oh, so you became a fan after "All for You"

That explains a lot. :coffee:

that's was 4 eras, 2 tours, 14 years ago bro. It's not 2003 anymore. You can leave that where you found it :coffee:  

Sorry I'm not 48 years old... Ageism is a bish :sigh: 

Edited by 2 B Gamed
LUTFA - Millennials

This is my last post to you about this: 

You're never too young or old to start enjoying art or a new artist. Just because you're older and been a fan longer doesn't make you more superior. 

Must be a Generation X thing :coffee:

Get the sand out of your vagina. Who the hell is talking about age?:mellow:

• Upvote 1