Official "Unbreakable" album thread. What's your favorite song so far?

JoeJoe

No you didn't give "Take Me Away" honorable mention<_< ugh! What is wrong with the forum lol. It still won't let us post gifs!!!

It was so tough Joe :lol: There are SO many quality songs on this album. I tend to lean more toward R&B, Urban influenced music, so a lot of the other tracks spoke to me more. "Take Me Away" is a really good song though, VERY radio friendly. Also, I hate doing to whole 'tie' business, I like to post a legitimate 1-10...but this album made it REAL hard to do that lol.

• Upvote 1

"Dream Maker / Euphoria" is magic. I always have to repeat it before proceeding to the next track.

It's possibly my favorite from the album. So many quality tracks. This was the first song I rewinded when I first listened to the album. 

I don't think Janet has sounded better. Those key changes>>>>>

• Upvote 1

I use the whole album, and love the whole album but the songs I jump to are as followed

1.  Gon Be Alright

2. The Great Forever

3. Night

4. 2 B Loved

5. Promise Of U

6. Take Me Away

7. Damn Baby

8. Lessons Learned

9. Unbreakable

10. Burnitup

HM: Should've Known Better, Black Eagle, Well Traveled, 

These are just the songs Im likely to jump to, or if I don't have time to play the whole album, those 10 are the 1's I'll make time for. And frankly to be honest, I jammed No Sleeep soooo much that tho I still  probably listen to it every day, since I know it so well Im not paying tooo much attention to it these days (same is kinda true about Unbreakable too)

• Upvote 1

It's possibly my favorite from the album. So many quality tracks. This was the first song I rewinded when I first listened to the album. 

I don't think Janet has sounded better. Those key changes>>>>>

Yeah the use of key changes is brilliant! I'd say it helps give the song that dreamy effect

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

the lyrics.

its somber 

Its sad yet hopeful. I love songs that are meaningful 

ah ok. Well Traveled and Take Me Away do the same. Actually my homegirl Cassandra who's now become a true Janet fan says she can't listen to Well Traveled much cause the lyrics get to her

ah ok. Well Traveled and Take Me Away do the same. Actually my homegirl Cassandra who's now become a true Janet fan says she can't listen to Well Traveled much cause the lyrics get to her

Well Traveled does that to me sometimes....i get a lump in my throat.  It's like a goodbye song.  Not that Janet is saying goodbye but there's a longing to keep moving on even if it means moving on from her career which I can definitely relate to on so many levels. I swear I just want to travel again and live in various places.  Traveling makes me really happy and I don't think about the bad times of the past but only smile on the good times. 

• Upvote 2

Well Traveled, & After you fall I use not so much for no other reason than they REALLLLLY touch & move me and give me a moment. I have listened to all both at the wrong time and it's....i gotta feel it

Promise Of You, Lessons Learned, & Black Eagle can give me those moments but they mostly don't, I can ravish in their beauty.

• Upvote 1

Well Traveled does that to me sometimes....i get a lump in my throat.  It's like a goodbye song.  Not that Janet is saying goodbye but there's a longing to keep moving on even if it means moving on from her career which I can definitely relate to on so many levels. I swear I just want to travel again and live in various places.  Traveling makes me really happy and I don't think about the bad times of the past but only smile on the good times. 

Bingo!!! After listening to that especially when she sings this part. It just makes it seem like this is the end. Like she wants to live out there rest of her life in peace seeing the world. Leaving the media world behind. After my friend heard this song she turned to me and asked if I think this is it for Janet and I said I honestly think it is

Gotta keep movin'
Until I'm gone
To find the place
I never wanna arrive
Cause if I ever reach there
There's no place left to go

Bingo!!! After listening to that especially when she sings this part. It just makes it seem like this is the end. Like she wants to live out there rest of her life in peace seeing the world. Leaving the media world behind. After my friend heard this song she turned to me and asked if I think this is it for Janet and I said I honestly think it is

Gotta keep movin'
Until I'm gone
To find the place
I never wanna arrive
Cause if I ever reach there
There's no place left to go

Whoever was Periscoping tonight messed up stopping at Got Till It's Gone......she sang Night just about 5 minutes ago!!!!!!  I need to see that! 

I really feel like im at that time in my life. I never lived anywhere but here... im planning a few months away in March. Can I ask what is stopping u from doing so?