My experience of the San Francisco show and I spoke to Gil and um

JoeJoe

Ok so i'm about to keep it real so if you don't like it then oh well. I got there with the ex and my homegirl. Ran into a Janet fan from facebook that came up to me and gave me a hug. They were like who was that Joe? I told them we're #janfam and that's what we do. Anyway I used my vip voucher that came with the Target cd and even though my ex and my homegirl didn't have one they let them both come in with me. We took a private elevator with a security guard with us to the 4th floor where the VIP room was. I ran into a Janet fan i've known for years named David. He used to be on the board as Dirrty Dave. He's Asian so maybe some remember him idk. Anyway we've had each other on facebook and instagram and used to have each others number so it feels good to finally meet someone after all these years! We gave each other a big hug and then we went on our separate ways. :) Ok so as we're headed to stand in line Gil comes out of the Mymusicvip and walks down the hallway towards us I tell the ex and my homegirl that's Janet's old dancer and choreographer and they look and say oh him? I will say Gil was very slim. I don't know if he's always been like that but yeah anyway I was like "yeah that's him" so as Gil gets close I just say "Hi Gil" and he says "Hi" nonchalant. I tell them while Gil and I are still making eye contact "Yeah he's was her choreographer and now he's her creative director (and he's walking away while he sees me explaining to them who he is). I didn't try to shake his hand or anything. I wasn't gonna hold a convo with him because I already know what he is and what he does with Janet, but I was expecting him to at least say hi to them too and as he walked off my homegirl looked at me with this wtf look on her face and I actually felt a little embarrassed because of him being closely associated with Janet and doing fans like that. All of this took place in like 10-15 seconds. Maybe he was in a rush or something but the show still had an hour and a half before starting but it's whatever to me. I don't look forward to it again. I don't know if he was like that because no one else in that long line knew who he was or what. He literally didn't look at any of the fans in line as he walked down the hallway. I heard he can be standoffish at times and looks like I experienced it first hand. Anyway I went into the mymusicvip room and it was amazing to see all her accolades, pics, and outfits. She had the "If" and "Scream" costumes. IDK why but that ugly pink tutu dress that she wore when she was with JD was also there on the table :lol:. She had her white hat with the feathers that she wore on the "janet." tour there too. It looked pretty old and worn out. When Janet's done with her outfits on tour I guess she's really done cause some of that stuff looked like it's been in somebody's dusty garage haha. I loved seeing it tho.

There was a new thing they added to the VIP which was virtual pics with Janet so every fan that was in the VIP got to take a pic and they'd photoshop Janet in the pic doing different poses along with you and it comes out like a slide gif. Anyway we go down to get some beer and food and then on my way to the bathroom to change into my $45 Janet tour shirt I get a tap on the shoulder and it was none other than downeaznboi from this forum lol. Last time I saw him was like 4yrs ago. We gave each other a big hug. I forgot he was almost as tall as I am. I feels really good to run into #janfam and knowing their your friend as well. Anyway later we all head down to our seats for the show. The DJ had everybody grooving and dancing to "Dammn Baby" and "Night" and everytime he played those songs everybody would scream like people do in the club when their jam comes on. Everybody was in the aisles dancing and everything. No the show starts. The lights go dark and everyone starts screaming. When we finally see Janet's silhouette I try to hold back but the tears just start flowing. When she came out I was good and everybody was just screaming at the top of her lungs. I was only 4 rows from the stage and this woman's face is flawless. No joke the pics have nothing on her in person. It looks like her face is airbrushed in person lol. Flawless skin and the hair was on point like always!. During her break while they set the stage up the crowd screamed and cheered for 3 minutes straight non-stop. I think longer than the HBO crowd did during the Velvet Rope concert. My homegirl was like "Dang Joe they're still screaming, that was hella long." She hasn't lost a step. My homegirl said she almost cried when Janet sang "Should've Known Better" because she could hear what the song was about as well as the images on scree and how Janet was feeling the song. She saw how Janet's emotions were while singing it. I tell you when Janet had the mic in her hand she sounded flawless especially when she sang "Anytime, Anyplace" and the crowd started screaming again at those live vocals. I'm glad she sang "After You Fall" which I had no idea she was gonna do.

There was almost a few fights there and 1 or 2 involving me cause bitches were sneaking and moving up to the front getting in the way of my seat blocking and crowding us. I told this tall dude "Um you need to move because my friends are coming right here". His seat was like 5 behind us. Security had to keep coming up making people go back to their seats. I got into it with security too lol. This is the first time i've been to a Janet show were people were getting out of hand. As one of the security told the guy to go back to his seat he tried to play it off and act like he was sitting by us so he turned around and looked at my area trying to fake to security that he was sitting there so he could stay in the front and I told security right in front of him "I don't know where his seat is but it ain't right here". The made his ass go all the way back. I swear I was ready to fight his ass because this was like his 3rd time crowding my space. So many people were sneaking back up and security ended up standing in the middle of the aisle to block anyone from moving out of their seats to come up and crowd everyone else's space. I ran into another Janet fan and he looked familiar. Short Black dude but idk if he was from this forum or a Janet facebook group. Anyway my homegirl Cassandra is officially a Janet fan now. She said she has a new found love and respect for Janet after seeing her in concert and seeing some of the kind of music she does which is meaningful and that she's seen over 100 bands and artists in concert but that Janet is in her top 5 now. Off the album she loves "Burn It Up", "Dammn Baby", "Night", "Well Traveled" because of the lyrical content, and "Take Me Away"

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 3

I didnt read all of it, but to play devil's advocate, maybe talking about Gil or anyone as if they aren't standing there isn't the best idea :unsure: Im thinking had you simply walked up to him introduced yourself and say hi Im Joe and these are my friends, its nice to meet you Gil.....I think that may have turned out better.

Gil is definitely thinner, he lost that little gut he had...with that said maybe he was hongray :rolleyes: and that's why he seemed a little on edge.

I don't know what's going on but to be as thin as he was made me think some things and I know Janet gotta be feeding him so I don't know what else could be going on unless it's stress but he was like Katt Williams skinny

If I see Gil, after our many conversations, and he gives me attitude, i will send his ass back to Hawaii with mo plane!

This ain't the first time fans have said he's had attitude or seemed kinda snobbish. I just unfortunately got to see it in person and so did other fans

I didnt read all of it, but to play devil's advocate, maybe talking about Gil or anyone as if they aren't standing there isn't the best idea :unsure: Im thinking had you simply walked up to him introduced yourself and say hi Im Joe and these are my friends, its nice to meet you Gil.....I think that may have turned out better.

Nah Gil didn't even hear me talking to them. He didn't hear anything until he was about to walk right in front of me and that's when I said hi so there's really no excuse. He didn't hear anybody talking about him as he was walking up.

Tbh ..Gil should be thankful ppl even know who he is (thanks to Janet being kind enough to draw attention to her employees) cus most choreographers/ creative directors go unnoticed by the general public

Exactly! He was walking in an area full of Janet fans and i'm the only one who pointed out who he was. Nobody else paid attention to him and he looked like a regular. At the end of the show my homegirl said she has a new found love and respect for Janet because she cares about all those who she works with and she saw that when Janet introduced each and everyone of her dancers, background singers, and band members.

Ain't nobody reading allat. :rolleyes: 

Highlight the important parts. :rolleyes: 

one important part is that I didn't call yo ass a hoe 

Just found a link to the part I was talking about when the crowd started screaming when Janet's live vocals sounded great when she sang "Anytime, Anyplace" and now that I think about it. I realized she didn't even wear 2 outfits. She stayed in the black one the whole show

https://twitter.com/DammitSNEEZ/status/654729890726440961

Edited by JoeJoe

He seemed standoffish when I saw him at my show in 2011. Fans went up to him to say hi and take pictures and he just seemed really...like he'd rather not but did it begrudgingly. He was probably just tired though. 

HoeHoe, Gil probably recognized you from social media. You're constantly dragging him. He ignored you for that reason. :coffee:

I'm glad you had a good time, though! :blush:

:lmao: :lmao:!

• Upvote 1

HoeHoe, Gil probably recognized you from social media. You're constantly dragging him. He ignored you for that reason. :coffee:

I'm glad you had a good time, though! :blush:

Stop with the lies. Gil don't recognize me from no social media. I never followed him on twitter or instagram and never had him on facebook. He damn sure don't come to this forum and hasn't been here since the Damita Jo era and I wasn't dragging him then. The only place he'd know me from is Janet-Xone and I hardly went there and he stopped going there himself. He wouldn't recognize me out of thousands of fans and others that also constantly drag him so just stop with the B.S. :rolleyes: The only way he'd recognize me is if he saved my pic on his computer or something

He seemed standoffish when I saw him at my show in 2011. Fans went up to him to say hi and take pictures and he just seemed really...like he'd rather not but did it begrudgingly. He was probably just tired though. 

:lmao: :lmao:!

Thank you! The Gil cheerleaders act like that man don't have a reputation for being standoffish and rude at times just because they met him in person and he was nice to them that time.

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 2

joejoe is very nice.

y'all stop provoking him

LOL Thank you. I think they all get the wrong perception of me from the forum just because I speak my mind but you've met me in person a few times so you know i'm not ghetto or whatever else they think, but I can get there if provoked haha. I had so much fun at the show. I wish I was sitting next to you and a few other fans that I ran into cause my ex and my homegirl just like Janet. Now my homegirl says she is now part of the #janfam lol

Tbh ..Gil should be thankful ppl even know who he is (thanks to Janet being kind enough to draw attention to her employees) cus most choreographers/ creative directors go unnoticed by the general public

Joey doesn't like GIl.. I don't understand why he would waste his time.. 

Joey doesn't like GIl.. I don't understand why he would waste his time.. 

if you read what I said light skin I already said when I saw him I didn't try to shake his hand or anything. I simply said hi and tried to explain to other Janet fans who he was but yes indeed it was a waste of time just like it was a waste of time when he was rude and standoffish to Bu and other Janet fans who've met him before :)

LOL Thank you. I think they all get the wrong perception of me from the forum just because I speak my mind but you've met me in person a few times so you know i'm not ghetto or whatever else they think, but I can get there if provoked haha. I had so much fun at the show. I wish I was sitting next to you and a few other fans that I ran into cause my ex and my homegirl just like Janet. Now my homegirl says she is now part of the #janfam lol

i sat by myself lol. I bought tickets that morninof the show. It was worth it even though i sat on the side and couldnt see all the lights and screens. Didnt care though cause just her energy and performance sold the show to me.  I knew a lot of people who went and everyone was amazed by her. My facebook feed last night was a lot of janet love.