Burn It Up’: New Details Emerge About New Janet Jackson Video

ThatOtherFan

It's not that serious. This is getting annoying.  The era is the album and the tour as far as I'm concerned. 

Good for you. And other people want more.

everything else you said was either untrue or not relevant to what's being discussed

Edited by J. Weezy

eh...but Janet has the resources to do so. Most other independent acts don't.

okay heres another theory....does Janet's team know the right moment to seize to roll her out to the public and get her promoting this? I assume they want to at some point step out and get on TV and say hey this is my new this or that and talk.....resources or not, she's not going that route .....at least not at the moment....I agree with some here, she needs a good stretch of "here I am" promo...Im hoping thats an induction into the R&R Hall of Fame

okay heres another theory....does Janet's team know the right moment to seize to roll her out to the public and get her promoting this? I assume they want to at some point step out and get on TV and say hey this is my new this or that and talk.....resources or not, she's not going that route .....at least not at the moment....I agree with some here, she needs a good stretch of "here I am" promo...Im hoping thats an induction into the R&R Hall of Fame

That's a possibility. I'm not really asking for tons of promo though. I'm on board with the approach she's going in generally...especially the Grey's Anatomy plug. I just think there were a few missteps...

If the video was out by now...I honestly wouldn't really be complaining THAT much.

I listen to the album everyday, but nothing else is going on to entertain meh

Edited by J. Weezy
  • Upvote 1

Anyway, I'm excited about the XFactor performance if it happens. I'm thinking it will be the 29th....cuz the live shows are on Sunday's...and Janet's done touring by then....but If it doesn't, I won't be surprised

I'm waiting for the inductee annoucements to R&R thats about it....that and my next Janet concert :coffee: til then I got the album :)

That's a possibility. I'm not really asking for tons of promo though. I'm on board with the approach she's going in generally...especially the Grey's Anatomy plug. I just think there were a few missteps...

If the video was out by now...I honestly wouldn't really be complaining THAT much.

but the video would be a cost/overhead for what? to promote a single that is DOA? It would only be for us, the fans. 

I'm waiting for the inductee annoucements to R&R thats about it....that and my next Janet concert :coffee: til then I got the album :)

She's getting inducted. I knew that when she was nominated. It's not a coincidence that after 8 years of eligibility she all of sudden gets nominated during her album release week.

Hopefully the ceremony next year isn't her first public appearance.

She's getting inducted. I knew that when she was nominated. It's not a coincidence that after 8 years of eligibility she all of sudden gets nominated during her album release week.

im trying to go....I mean I wanna be one of the die hard fans that have stood by her for all these decades there!!! :excited: I gotta check on how much tickets are to the ceremony and flight

It's like a damned broken record. That's nice for you who feel that this era is for the album, the tour, and that's all good enough for some of you. I've been a Janet fan since control, and I repeat, for many of us, Janet is not just an album artist. She is a VISUAL artist. An album is NOT enough! We need to see, and enjoy her performances. As a stan, I'm not being ungrateful, I'm being honest, and realistic. 

it won't be bc she's in Europe that month 

why apply when i'm already full time at my job and been there for 12yrs hoe? I don't wanna see no long ass paragraphs from you again for at least another week ok? Good-_-

Good for you being a cashier at In-N-Out Burger for 12 years. Hopefully by your 13th year, you'll get promoted to manager. :coffee: 

And I'm gonna have more long paragraphs for you. So you best learn how to read. :filenails: 

People voluntarily log in to annoy Janet Jackson fans with bitching, complaining, and negativity. Then get mad when their negativity is called out. It doesn't really make sense. 

#GoHomeDebbies

Boy please. YOU like to troll people with your negativity. We were stating opinions. And don't quote me anymore, because you never make sense

Radio is a factor. The execs said that themselves. You don't know a damn thing. And the fact that you quoted me arguing a point that wasn't even being discussed let's me know you're in your feelings.

Edited by J. Weezy
  • Downvote 1

I mean...I can actually START trolling to show the difference. It would be similar to your usual posts.

And I'll express any disappointment every time and anytime I feel like. Who the hell is gonna check me? ? 

Edited by J. Weezy
  • Downvote 1

The meltdowns over Janet not having a traditional campaign :lmao: 

The seething because you don't know what's coming :lmao:

Again, the issue is the fact that she's not following the traditional roll out for an album. She's building toward sustained success for the project, not a project that comes and goes within months after it's release (the case for most pop acts these day). She's taking it back to when an artist could work an album for years.

1st - Why didn't Janet do any promo prior to and now just the albums release? Look no further than Madonna.... she went on a major promo tour. Money for that promo tour either came out of Madonna's pockets and/or Live Nation footed the bill. Madonna performed on major award shows and talks shows worldwide. What were the results? She did better than Janet worldwide, but in the US, they literally sold the same amount first week (and overall Janet is about to surpass her, if she already hasn't) . Hundreds of thousands, it not, millions of dollars spent on promotion, and outside of the tour, no one cares about "Rebel Heart" at this point. 

The hype around Janet's 1st project in seven years has carried the project initially, along with a brilliant choice for the 1st single. She went for the Urban AC market, and they ate it up. "No Sleeep" is still in the top 3, and continues to do so well, it just may go back to #1 for a 10th week on that chart. The "Unbreakable" single is close to breaking the top 10 on Urban AC.... without any promotion. <---- I.E Millions of promo dollars NOT spent.  

Also, with her being an independent artist, she can sell albums (tied to merchandise) at the tour, and still garner decent numbers and placement on Billboard each week..... again, without any promotion. <---- I.E Millions of promo dollars NOT spent.  

That sets her for all of 2015 without having to give a single interview or performance (besides the tour), and still have one of the best selling albums of the year. 

Which sets up her and "Unbreakable" up for the 2nd year into the project (2016). Now when she gives that first major interview, whenever she gives that first major performance, it's still going to be a big deal, because the general public has still yet to hear from her or see her.... <---- Well, look at what we have here.... An effective non-traditional roll out for an album that has sustained success. :excited:

2nd - Why no BIU video immediately upon release of the single? Janet and Missy are piggybacking off of each others success. Increased visibility by putting things out around the same time. Janet is nearly 50 and Missy is over 40. Mainstream radio isn't going to jump at playing them. 

BIU was initially used to push preorders for the album. It was also the first dance track that Janet released from this project. That buzz benefited Janet and Missy, and Janet's team has kept the momentum going by having fans and dancers make videos dancing to BIU. 

Next, Missy releases the "WTF" video, and it immediately takes off. The single is in the top 5 on iTunes and the video already has 10 million views on Youtube. Radio may or may not, give it major spins, but they are definitely going to spin it thanks to the success it's had. 

Finally, Janet comes behind that with the BIU video, her first major dance video in seven years. Heavy buzz for that reason alone, and with Missy being a "factor" again, that's going to create even more hype around the video and single. A single that's still going to be fresh to the majority of the public, btw.  Which gives it more of a chance on radio. Especially on urban stations if we get a more Urban remix.   

If some of you would just think (and be patient) instead of getting caught up in the album not having a traditional roll out......... :coffee:

Edited by ThatOtherFan
  • Upvote 5

All I want is public performances, and videos. I dont give four flying fucks about ANYTHING else!

And that's coming in time. Which will give the project itself, and the era as a whole, sustained success (what Janet and team cares about lol). 

Give it time and let the pieces come together. It's coming in due time. 

• Upvote 1