Janet UK tour postponed!

bu.

The upkeep of Janet's career and legacy going into the digital era (ESPECIALLY RECENTLY) has been so piss poor it deserves it's own thread. Her camps behavior is highly frustrating. It's as if who ever is managing her catalog didn't know how to transition so they let her years of hard work blow into the breeze. This era is just another nail in a bigger coffin. Her credibility has been tarnished. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Nah.. Y'all just mad she canceled some dates in Europe... its not that serious.. didn't even trend on FB/Yahoo!

If Janet released a new xyz tomorrow.. You'd listen to/watch it. 

She canceled ALL of them. The entire leg of a tour. Not just some. Three weeks before she was due to perform with no warning or comment. Stop minimizing.  She's reinforcing detractors opinions of her. That she's local, etc. 

• Upvote 3

She canceled ALL of them. The entire leg of a tour. Not just some. Three weeks before she was due to perform with no warning or comment. Stop minimizing.  She's reinforcing detractors opinions of her. That she's local, etc. 

Some dates on her [overall] tour*.. Thanks for taking one statement and twisting it as if I'm "minimizing" it. I'm not. Not intentionally 

3 weeks is better than same day #Brightside 

• Downvote 1

Game is still in denial! Dude, give it up! People spending money on air fare, and tickets IS very serious. What a self centered twat you're being.

You're still bored I see.. Have you watched HOC yet? Maybe you should start so you stop fighting battles that aren't yours

Ahhh Thats the risk of traveling to see any event. Shit happens. 

"Fans" are at no obligation to be fans of Janet if they're are THAT dissatisfied with the way she decided to run her era. That includes you. 

Can you imagine if Janet was a politican. "I hate the way Janet is running her campaign.. So I'm gonna stick around and bitch about it to her supporters even though I am or am not voting for her" (sorry.. DEMdebate just took place) 

That is EXACTLY what all these complainers are doing (especially Austin's trolls). If you are really that upset.. MOVE ON.. To someone you do enjoy... Move on to Madonna.. Move on to Tina Turner.. Move on to Beyonce or Adele. Create a Plan B if You don't like Plan A

Every other tragedy, I have to sit here and defend the Goddess.. Whether that's retirement BS, videos, promo, her turning 100% Indy and you all not knowing what to do even though a strong majority of fans wanted this to happen post-LA Reid

• Downvote 1

Which she has done before. This is part of a bigger problem with her career. 

Her career is cemented in Legendary status. This will NOT affect her chances getting into the RRHOF. This will not affect her chances at the 2017 Grammy's or any award show (not that those matter) 

People will forget. And HOPEFULLY, "fans" will eventually move on. But I'm not going to stand by and watch fake fans bad mouth Janet bc they mad. You have every right to be upset if you bought a ticket. You don't have a right to diss Janet Jackson on her forum 

• Downvote 1

As much as I admired Janet as a reclusive, mysterious celebrity with the no performing, literally a handful of 5 minutes performances could have saved Europe and it saddens me that the effort wasn't put in. The sad reality is nobody outside of the fan Base knew anything about this tour in Europe, or the album for that matter. It's such a shame because this album has so much potential, its a modern masterpiece for God's sake! 

Yes! I'm so embarrassed. I can't believe this shit is happening. I don't care how big your name is you can't just say "I'm going on tour" and not do promotion and think everybody's gonna hop on board. People are gonna wanna see what you still have to offer. That's why Madonnasaur got her old slutty ass out there and did television shows and performances to let people know she had an album out and a tour and this is what they're gonna get. Hence she started selling out her shows. Not all but most of them. Ever since Janet got with Wissam she's been extremely reclusive more than ever. She don't wanna talk about certain things then she knows she can tell that to the host or whatever like she's done before with Oprah and Diane Sawyer. Hell she don't even wanna be on tv smfh. She told us to watch "Fresh Off The Boat" and she didn't even make an appearance. Her dancers did and even Jimmy and Terry but yet she didn't. Why not? Don't let me try to drag someone for coming for Janet like I always do because they're just gonna drag me instead. Janet was on a roll and should've ridden the wave. The world was #TeamJanet when she first released the album and went on tour. Everyone was expecting videos and performances. Nope didn't happen. Still we kept up hope that after a few months we'd get another video or something but nope. She hashtagged the shit outta #burnitup and still nothing. Ugh I love this woman so much I just don't understand why this is happening.

Jodi is serving that piping hot tea. -_- 

messy bitch! lol

Let me get a mop to clean up this tea Jodi is spilling......

ha!!!

The upkeep of Janet's career and legacy going into the digital era (ESPECIALLY RECENTLY) has been so piss poor it deserves it's own thread. Her camps behavior is highly frustrating. It's as if who ever is managing her catalog didn't know how to transition so they let her years of hard work blow into the breeze. This era is just another nail in a bigger coffin. Her credibility has been tarnished. 

I hate people are gonna remember her legacy like this cause i've said this since the era started, I feel like this is the last album and tour she's gonna give the world. I've even had friends ask me when I saw her last year in San Francisco "Hey Joe do you think this is her last album?" and I actually said "Yeah I do". The message is loud and clear in the songs. "Take Me Away" she wants to get the fuck away from everything, "The Great Forever" she's doing her own thing and she says "LUTFA" leave us the fuck alone (her and Wissam), "Well Traveled" she's done all that she wanted and traveled the world and now just wants to live in peace. Especially when she says "I don't know where this journey will end but the world keeps calling me." That's us...she was done already but we kept calling for her to come back. Anyway 

• Upvote 1

Her career is cemented in Legendary status. This will NOT affect her chances getting into the RRHOF. This will not affect her chances at the 2017 Grammy's or any award show (not that those matter) 

People will forget. And HOPEFULLY, "fans" will eventually move on. But I'm not going to stand by and watch fake fans bad mouth Janet bc they mad. You have every right to be upset if you bought a ticket. You don't have a right to diss Janet Jackson on her forum 

If her place is "cemented" then why is her career so poorly documented? 

I have to sometimes remember that Janet is an independent artist now and that some of the things we wanted from her won't come so easy.   I do wish that there has been some promo in the UK, to help get the word out about the tour or at the very least some type of video(s) to help promote the songs.    I thought that with Jimmy and Terry behind her that some things would run smoother and that they were all up with the times, with regards to putting out the singles, etc.   At the very least, hopefully some new singles will be released to the radio, videos or not.

• Upvote 1

I hate people are gonna remember her legacy like this cause i've said this since the era started, I feel like this is the last album and tour she's gonna give the world. I've even had friends ask me when I saw her last year in San Francisco "Hey Joe do you think this is her last album?" and I actually said "Yeah I do". The message is loud and clear in the songs. "Take Me Away" she wants to get the fuck away from everything, "The Great Forever" she's doing her own thing and she says "LUTFA" leave us the fuck alone (her and Wissam), "Well Traveled" she's done all that she wanted and traveled the world and now just wants to live in peace. Especially when she says "I don't know where this journey will end but the world keeps calling me." That's us...she was done already but we kept calling for her to come back. Anyway 

If this is really how she feels I would rather her have retired from making new music and start promoting her back catalog for new generations consumption. Instead of having to go through all the humiliation (and wasted money!) this era has been. 

Control should've recharted this year for the 30th :( 

If this is really how she feels I would rather her have retired from making new music and start promoting her back catalog for new generations consumption. Instead of having to go through all the humiliation (and wasted money!) this era has been. 

Promote her back catalog? LMAO who is going to pay for her to promote old music?

These fantasies remind me of Bernie Sanders. Empty, expensive with no way to fund it  

She's not humiliated :umm: . Why are you? 

Anniversay albums don't really sell much unless the artist has passed away 

• Downvote 1

The superbowl isn't a valid excuse anymore imo. 

Agree to disagree. The Super Bowl is still valid. Americans pushed her aside when she showed her boob.. White American especially... Pop America.. They saw it as desperation for attention and began to ignore her. They saw it as a failed publicity stunt that kinda backfired in Janet's face YET inspired the creation YouTube and new English phrases that will live on in the history of the English language. 

She has yet to get back to 2003 status but I don't think she wants to anymore. And she doesn't have to as long as she keeps releasing amazing music. That's how her career is defined. Not by tours.. Not by her tour cancellatiosn. But by the music. <<< that's what makes history

The RRHOF committee probably isn't going to say "Well.. Janet did cancel her tour in Europe in 2016... Maybe she's not ready?". Her music career legacy is still intact. 

Edited by #UnbreakableGame
  • Downvote 1

Promote her back catalog? LMAO who is going to pay for her to promote old music?

These fantasies remind me of Bernie Sanders. Empty, expensive with no way to fund it  

She's not humiliated :umm: . Why are you? 

Anniversay albums don't really sell much unless the artist has passed away 

YES YES YES promote her back catalog. Instead of wasting time and money on new material that won't sell well:

• Get an itunes banner for control/rhythm nation/janet.'s anniversary's OR do a re-release with some new songs, demos and commentary and go that route
  •  some spotify ads to get that streaming up
  •  remaster the music videos for 2016 and upload them ALL onto vevo cohesively 
  • remaster and post old performances from her prime onto vevo so new generations that ARENT familiar with her performing prowess can see for themselves how amazing she was without having to dig 
  • Make sure all of her links (Twitter, spotify, itunes, etc) are in the description boxes of ALL of her videos to cross promote 
  • Upload her MTV icon special and other tributes so that people remember her past achievements

These are all things SHE can do for herself but has not. It's as if she doesn't care.   

Agree to disagree. The Super Bowl is still valid. Americans pushed her aside when she showed her boob.. White American especially... Pop America.. They saw it as desperation for attention and began to ignore her. They saw it as a failed publicity stunt that kinda backfired in Janet's face YET inspired the creation YouTube and new English phrases that will live on in the history of the English language. 

She has yet to get back to 2003 status but I don't think she wants to anymore. And she doesn't have to as long as she keeps releasing amazing music. That's how her career is defined. Not by tours.. Not by her tour cancellatiosn. But by the music. <<< that's what makes history

They did, in 2004, but now it's 2016 and there are calls for Janet to be apologized to ANNUALLY. The GP knows she was screwed over. She has since been to AND performed at the AMA, VMA and was recently tributed at the BET awards. Has been on major talk shows such as Oprah and the Today Show. Janet is the one neglecting her legacy, the industry isn't just ignoring her imo. She's not promoting herself enough. 

Edited by katara
  • Upvote 1

Not saying that's how she feels but that's what I get from it. "Well Traveled" kinda make me sad listening to it. I can hear in Janet's voice that she just wants to live the rest of her life in peaceful blissness. My friend Cassandra who's always liked Janet but was never a real fan until she went with me and the ex to the Unbreakable show in SF back in October said she doesn't listen to "Well Traveled" much because it gets to her and makes her emotional. She's a true Janet fan now. She said she's been to over 100 concerts of different artists and after seeing Janet for the 1st time Janet is now in her top 5 ever.

• Upvote 1

Since its not her dad, nor her health, as she is still going ahead with the Dubai show, I think the actual reason is LiveNation dropping her off their list due to extremely poor ticket sales. So in a way it isnt her fault. But she shouldve couldve wouldve promoted, and Im sure LiveNation told her that. That is why Dubai show is on, and the EU tour is off. She didnt pull the plug, LiveNation did. She should step it up and make a statement though. 

As for her being independent.. She has Sony BMG behind her. She is a billionare. So pls.

• Upvote 2

Since its not her dad, nor her health, as she is still going ahead with the Dubai show, I think the actual reason is LiveNation dropping her off their list due to extremely poor ticket sales. So in a way it isnt her fault. But she shouldve couldve wouldve promoted, and Im sure LiveNation told her that. That is why Dubai show is on, and the EU tour is off. She didnt pull the plug, LiveNation did. She should step it up and make a statement though. 

As for her being independent.. She has Sony BMG behind her. She is a billionare. So pls.

So in other words you agree with many others that she didn't put in effort to promote when she had plenty of opportunity right? I'm gonna actually be able to use this in my defense when defending Janet from the haters. I'm just gonna say she didn't put much in promoting her tours so therefore many people weren't aware. Hell she promoted the fuck outta the Number Ones tour and that's why it sold out. She didn't do shit for this one so that explains poor ticket sales if that's true along with her postponing the tour right before she was supposed to start in January.

• Upvote 3

So in other words you agree with many others that she didn't put in effort to promote when she had plenty of opportunity right? I'm gonna actually be able to use this in my defense when defending Janet from the haters. I'm just gonna say she didn't put much in promoting her tours so therefore many people weren't aware. Hell she promoted the fuck outta the Number Ones tour and that's why it sold out. She didn't do shit for this one so that explains poor ticket sales if that's true along with her postponing the tour right before she was supposed to start in January.

I'm just really tired of blaming others for her career choices and failures. The people she surrounds herself with are the people she wants to hang around with. It's her choice. It was her choice to not make a statement about RWU tour and lose half of her fanbase. It is her choice not to promote tour, and to deal with LiveNation dropping her name off their list. In the end it is Janet Jackson - not her manager, not her coreographer, nor her producer/label/promotion company- who is in charge. I guessed all this would happen, but her confidence on touring Europe kept me hopeful. 

All we can hope is that she at least makes a decent statement about the tour. If she manages to find another promoter for the tour, that's great. But the truth is, truth is, that Unbreakable era is over.

• Upvote 4

Not to mention that due to the A4U and specially RWU tour cancelations people were already throwing shade asking when was she going to cancel UB tour dates. At least she didn't disappoint there.

She couldda have become such a huge touring artist but even that is tainted now.

• Upvote 2

Not to mention that due to the A4U and specially RWU tour cancelations people were already throwing shade asking when was she going to cancel UB tour dates. At least she didn't desappoint there.
She couldda have become such a huge touring artist but even that is tainted now.

There's a meme circulating around the internet of how many tour dates she has canceled since TVR tour. So it's becoming a joke now.

• Upvote 1

There's a meme circulating around the internet of how many tour dates she has canceled since TVR tour. So it's becoming a joke now.

RWU tour did a number on her Tour reputation. The RWU tour memes were a mess but funny as hell :lol: But yeah, seems like that's one of the focal points now whenever she goes on tour. 

And tbh, that's one of the reasons why i didnt buy tour tickets as well. 

• Upvote 1