Janet UK tour postponed!

bu.

I will always love Janet, she's already done so much, put things into their proper context, she toured Europe in 2011, now maybe the venues werent as large as they were shooting for with UB, but tour promoters have a job too, they should know where and how much to charge for an artist. I dont think we know everything to this, and more importantly Janet isnt having issues all over the globe, she still has markets she does well in and she can still tour Europe if she wants it may be smaller venues but the fans love her and support her as we have for decades now. I truly pray Janet and company are in the best spirits possible under the circumstances. Insallah

• Upvote 1

I don't know who Madonna is but I believe she's not an independent artist

She did? A shitty album.. With a GREAT promo tour.. How did that work out for her? Didn't she lose the #1 spot to some shitty American TV show? 

Oh.. Tina Turner? You're comparing Tina Turner with Janet Jackson.. Good night :lmao: With all due respect.. Janet works harder than Ms. Turner 

Are you kidding me? Tina is probably the best female performer ever...Don't go making her out to be some Britney now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ok can we just stop blaming "her team?" Janet has been in the game long enough to call the shots. She simply dosen't give a fuck. She dosen't need her fans. She's married to a billionaire, she has her own money, therefore, she dosen't need us. This is play money for her. She's definitely not taking this era seriously, and she's not concerned with how it plays out. Maybe this is a big fuck you to some of her fans for the "Weekend" and "Superbowl 2004" outrage. 

She's not into it. Unfortunately, she dragged us and reeled us in, and pretty much is just laughing her way to the bank. This has ben the most pitiful era. Austin called this one out from the beginning. I really thought Austin and I were going to have our usual legendary wars through this era. Instead, Game is pulling any idiotic excuse for a crappy era, out of his asshole, and I'm at war with him. Oh how times have changed. :lol:

• Upvote 4

It dosen't matter. Being an independent dosen't mean you can't at least make appearances, promotions, and give performances. You can pull the age, and independent card all fucking day, but you're not convincing us. If YOU are all that matters, then why are you arguing? Log off, go listen to the album, and leave us "ungrateful" fans complaining about Janet; as I stated, wetting our pussies with these "huge announcements" and telling us how "excited" she is, and "I hope you guys enjoy it" then leaving us with a dried pussy when the time comes to deliver. Am I mad? Fuck yes I'm mad! A Janet era that was supposed to approach us never got to us.

I really needed this laugh...thank you sis :lmao::lmao::lmao: Janet sure is a cocktease.

Look how busy this forum is with new members and the focus is around something so negative. Its sad and dissapointing that J should go out like this, no matter how much some members try to deny.

II can deal with the lack of videos and interviews, but the tour...ugh. Europe has not seen Janet in a stadium since TVR.

Edited by vibeology
  • Upvote 1

The upkeep of Janet's career and legacy going into the digital era (ESPECIALLY RECENTLY) has been so piss poor it deserves it's own thread. Her camps behavior is highly frustrating. It's as if who ever is managing her catalog didn't know how to transition so they let her years of hard work blow into the breeze. This era is just another nail in a bigger coffin. Her credibility has been tarnished.   

She's really the only one of her peers that hasn't truly transitioned into the new era. Her dated way of doing things is really why she's falling behind and becoming an afterthought. The fact that all her videos aren't even uploaded on YouTube and available worldwide is just.... :umm:  Her albums aren't  even fully stocked at stores. She must think she can still sell off her name alone. Idk. -_-  

• Upvote 2

Ok can we just stop blaming "her team?" Janet has been in the game long enough to call the shots. She simply dosen't give a fuck. She dosen't need her fans. She's married to a billionaire, she has her own money, therefore, she dosen't need us. This is play money for her. She's definitely not taking this era seriously, and she's not concerned with how it plays out. Maybe this is a big fuck you to some of her fans for the "Weekend" and "Superbowl 2004" outrage. 

She's not into it. Unfortunately, she dragged us and reeled us in, and pretty much is just laughing her way to the bank. This has ben the most pitiful era. Austin called this one out from the beginning. I really thought Austin and I were going to have our usual legendary wars through this era. Instead, Game is pulling any idiotic excuse for a crappy era, out of his asshole, and I'm at war with him. Oh how times have changed. :lol:

nothing but truth

I hate people are gonna remember her legacy like this cause i've said this since the era started, I feel like this is the last album and tour she's gonna give the world. I've even had friends ask me when I saw her last year in San Francisco "Hey Joe do you think this is her last album?" and I actually said "Yeah I do". The message is loud and clear in the songs. "Take Me Away" she wants to get the fuck away from everything, "The Great Forever" she's doing her own thing and she says "LUTFA" leave us the fuck alone (her and Wissam), "Well Traveled" she's done all that she wanted and traveled the world and now just wants to live in peace. Especially when she says "I don't know where this journey will end but the world keeps calling me." That's us...she was done already but we kept calling for her to come back. Anyway 

Cant believe im agreeing with you on anything, but i agree :lol:. But not just through her current lyrics...yet literally, what else does she have left to talk about? We have arguably been delivered one of the best of her career after 7 years, touching on all those topics...what more can she say that she hasnt done? Go back to talking about being in love? She has given us alot and this was her final gift to the fans. Its a shame its panning out like this though (erawise, not album wise).

I will always love Janet, she's already done so much, put things into their proper context, she toured Europe in 2011, now maybe the venues werent as large as they were shooting for with UB, but tour promoters have a job too, they should know where and how much to charge for an artist. I dont think we know everything to this, and more importantly Janet isnt having issues all over the globe, she still has markets she does well in and she can still tour Europe if she wants it may be smaller venues but the fans love her and support her as we have for decades now. I truly pray Janet and company are in the best spirits possible under the circumstances. Insallah

This is what i think the problem is. They should have just focused on main cities. In the UK for example. a London show and one up North would have sufficed at the right price. With a little promo, i do not doubt that people would have travelled to see her. Its a shame she is being tarnished but she has pretty much stopped the conversation...

Edited by vibeology

I really needed this laugh...thank you sis :lmao::lmao::lmao: Janet sure is a cocktease.

Look how busy this forum is with new members and the focus is around something so negative. Its sad and dissapointing that J should go out like this, no matter how much some members try to deny.

In saying that, looking at some the cities she was supposed to perform, i do wonder whether she chose them or not? Some of them didnt make sense. Maybe there was an expectation to take them on in order to be sponsored? She should have stuck to major cities and done more promo that could have helped. I can deal with the lack of videos and interviews, but the tour...ugh. Europe has not seen Janet in a stadium since TVR.

And they making sure we don't see her in Arenas, theaters,clubs, parking lots and restrooms either 

2zi21kk.gif

I don't this Era was one big disaster as everyone is screaming. The album did make a profit, it plased her in a position where that only few artists were able to achieve, and managed a hit on radio. It just wasn't  all over the media like everyone  wanted.

Part of the problem is the the fans wanted this era to be an opportunity  for a stan  pissing match but that didn't  necessarily  happen. I think at this moment in her life  Janet  is done with patronizing  the media  and she's  very adamant  about it.  But transparency  isn't  a luxury  in this society;  it's  required. Therefore that stance on thr media didn't  translate well in Europe. So I don't  think she doesn't  care, but perhaps she just doesn't  want  to deal with  some parts  of the industry  anymore.

Hopefully, if she sticks with  this "three year plan," perhaps the state of the tour can be salvageable. I'm just going to enjoy the album.

• Upvote 5

I don't this Era was one big disaster as everyone is screaming. The album did make a profit, it plased her in a position where that only few artists were able to achieve, and managed a hit on radio. It just wasn't  all over the media like everyone  wanted.

Part of the problem is the the fans wanted this era to be an opportunity  for a stan  pissing match but that didn't  necessarily  happen. I think at this moment in her life  Janet  is done with patronizing  the media  and she's  very adamant  about it.  But transparency  isn't  a luxury  in this society;  it's  required. Therefore that stance on thr media didn't  translate well in Europe. So I don't  think she doesn't  care, but perhaps she just doesn't  want  to deal with  some parts  of the industry  anymore.

Hopefully, if she sticks with  this "three year plan," perhaps the state of the tour can be salvageable. I'm just going to enjoy the album.

oop. No comment on that but you have people agreeing with the forum idiot and Jodi pretending Janet tortured Euro fans bc if Weekend 

:lmao: 

• Downvote 1

Smh at some people acting as if the cancellation of the entire European tour is no big deal. Unless Janet goes into serious damage control mode SOON she can kiss any kind of even moderate success here goodbye. A lot of people here already saw her as a "flop" or "irrelevant" or whatever, obviously not true, and this mess will only further that feeling here. The blame lies with both LN and Janet. Were they even communicating? LN should have told Janet, at the start of the year say, that the ticket sales are still slow and you need to help us help you shift tickets by doing some form of publicity for the tour (maybe they did, but ten second video's on her Twitter/Facebook page that the public aren't even going to see doesn't cut it) and LN should have either booked smaller venue's and put on extra shows where appropriate ala UCAP or released limited amounts of tickets and increased them as demand dictated. Janet's tour was not any less promoted than anyone else's. However, LN have done a shitty thing here and I hope Janet hauls through the coals for it.

Janet thinking she was above proper promotion over here and still be able to sell the tour was quite (unintentionally) arrogant if you ask me. She did good in America, but here not only has she a tour/album to sell in countries where she hasn't had any major success in for years, but she also has a record label to finance. I don't get why someone with such a business venture doesn't want to sell her products appropriately. How's she making money from cancelled shows and dismal record sales? Unbreakable is good enough that with the right push it could perform much better than it has, at least outside the States. It's non existent here, and BBC Radio 2 have just dropped TGF from their playlist, a week after it went for official adds. People using Madonna as an example are correct, yes the tons of promo she did didn't do much for sales (that's party cos the music is rubbish) but she's still going to hit a million WW and she's selling out arena's and stadiums the world over. Not shabby at all. No reason Janet, with a masterpiece of an album that has worldwide appeal and who is still a hundred times the performer of Madonna, can't do the same, yet she couldn't even half fill some arena's. It's not about her selling as much as or more than her peers or getting hits or number one's or whatever, it's getting her WW status improved so she can actually tour, which is where the money is now. She wouldn't be touring if she didn't want to tour, or make money, or sell the album.

Janet needs to decide whether she wants to be a pop star or not. If not, release albums whenever she feels inspired to do so, no publicity, no non existent conversations or movements, no getting fan's hopes up of seeing you live and being cancelled on, maybe do few shows here and there where she knows she'll sell well, and just let the music do what it's gonna do and retreat behind the scenes away from public view as she so desires, or she gets her arse into gear, sells her products appropriately to enable tours to go ahead and do well, make the coins for her business venture's and cements her legacy again as the legend she is.

(sorry for the stupid long post. Guess I just needed a vent lol)

Edited by CF86
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

oop. No comment on that but you have people agreeing with the forum idiot and Jodi pretending Janet tortured Euro fans bc if Weekend 

:lmao: 

Oh please, I'm simply speculating. That's all we have this era. Yes, you guys being up great points, and it definitely seems like Janet is simply saying fuck you to the media, and all the shit they put her through. She can most definitely do that, AND deliver a great era to her fans. She chose to not even half ass it. The cancellations burried her further with the fans that are craving her. 

I believe that the diehard fans will forget and eventually forgive her... But those people who bough their tickets "just for fun" will probably not buy it again if she ever comes to Europe again for a new tour...

Let's say she would have a few thousand diehard fans in every country, who will go to her concert no matter what. But that still isn't enough to fill up the venues... She needs to attract a lot of those people who might not be such big fans, who maybe know a few of her songs, and who come there just to see MJ's sister or one of the Jacksons... Those are the people who actually fill the venues and with this tour, I don't see that many people from those groups interested in her (one of the reasons being the lack of promo)... and with these resent cancellations she is ruining her reputation as a reliabe concert artist...

... In Europe" << you didn't finish

also.. Can we get a source of these findings? Oh you don't have any? How do you know so much then? Oh! You're speculating!! Oh shit well! I see what you did there ;) 

• Downvote 1

This is what i think the problem is. They should have just focused on main cities. In the UK for example. a London show and one up North would have sufficed at the right price. With a little promo, i do not doubt that people would have travelled to see her. Its a shame she is being tarnished but she has pretty much stopped the conversation...

People travelled from all over the place for her 2011 show. There were fans that came from America having been to a few shows there. A group of people from the Middle East were front row at my show in 2011 (the one where she got touched by a fan during Feedback). People would definitely have travelled to see her for one or two shows. A show in Manchester and London would have sufficed and she could have added more dates at those venues if they sold out. People came from Ireland, Israel and even one person from Australia too 

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1