Janet UK tour postponed!

bu.

Ok can we just stop blaming "her team?" Janet has been in the game long enough to call the shots. She simply dosen't give a fuck. She dosen't need her fans. She's married to a billionaire, she has her own money, therefore, she dosen't need us. This is play money for her. She's definitely not taking this era seriously, and she's not concerned with how it plays out. Maybe this is a big fuck you to some of her fans for the "Weekend" and "Superbowl 2004" outrage. 

She's not into it. Unfortunately, she dragged us and reeled us in, and pretty much is just laughing her way to the bank. This has ben the most pitiful era. Austin called this one out from the beginning. I really thought Austin and I were going to have our usual legendary wars through this era. Instead, Game is pulling any idiotic excuse for a crappy era, out of his asshole, and I'm at war with him. Oh how times have changed. :lol:

So, because Janet married a billionaire, she shouldn't care about her own career and reputation? 

So, because Janet married a billionaire, she shouldn't care about her own career and reputation? 

Read that again. That is NOT what I'm saying. Im SPECULATING that Janet simply dosen't need us. This isn't a project exactly for her fans. That may be the reason she's so distant, and hasn't done anything other than touring, and releasing an album.

Read that again. That is NOT what I'm saying. Im SPECULATING that Janet simply dosen't need us. This isn't a project exactly for her fans. That may be the reason she's so distant, and hasn't done anything other than touring, and releasing an album.

You don't think this is for the fans? That's interesting, you're the only person i've seen say that. 

why has it taken 4 days to come up with that one line?

and why does she keep quoting song lyrics to us rather than just talking to us like adults?

She's probably waiting for this whole thing to blow over. 

Edited by katara

I really feel for the fans affected by this. I've been there before. Hopefully she delivers on her promise to reschedule. Either way, I think the Unbreakable era would make a valuable case study for other artists. There are too many botched elements for such an accomplished performer like Janet.

She's done in Europe after this. People don't trust her not to cancel. Can you blame them? The stories fans have, the hoops they jumped through to see her this time only to have her cancel is heartbreaking. Janet let this happen with her no promotion routine. 

• Downvote 1

Ok can we just stop blaming "her team?" Janet has been in the game long enough to call the shots. She simply dosen't give a fuck. She dosen't need her fans. She's married to a billionaire, she has her own money, therefore, she dosen't need us. This is play money for her. She's definitely not taking this era seriously, and she's not concerned with how it plays out. Maybe this is a big fuck you to some of her fans for the "Weekend" and "Superbowl 2004" outrage. 

She's not into it. Unfortunately, she dragged us and reeled us in, and pretty much is just laughing her way to the bank. This has ben the most pitiful era. Austin called this one out from the beginning. I really thought Austin and I were going to have our usual legendary wars through this era. Instead, Game is pulling any idiotic excuse for a crappy era, out of his asshole, and I'm at war with him. Oh how times have changed. :lol:

her team is Gil and his friends from Hawaii. The results show it. 

• Upvote 1

She's done in Europe after this. People don't trust her not to cancel. Can you blame them? The stories fans have, the hoops they jumped through to see her this time only to have her cancel is heartbreaking. Janet let this happen with her no promotion routine. 

I can't blame them but I also think there are ticket-holders who understand there are worse things that could happen. And not everyone is so unforgiving. Janet postponed my RWU date when I was on a flight from Australia to New York to see her and I still purchased tickets to Up Close and Personal.

The absence of promotion has been the biggest impediment by far. What I think frustrates fans the most is that she should know better.

• Upvote 1

I can't blame them but I also think there are ticket-holders who understand there are worse things that could happen. And not everyone is so unforgiving. Janet postponed my RWU date when I was on a flight from Australia to New York to see her and I still purchased tickets to Up Close and Personal.

The absence of promotion has been the biggest impediment by far. What I think frustrates fans the most is that she should know better.

most diehards will buy tickets but the casual fans will not IMO 

• Upvote 1

I don't Janet want to patronize the media anymore. I think it is really torturous for her to go do all that. I understand seeing what they put her through, but it not realistic in make a project this ambitious  be successful.

• Upvote 3

I think this sums things up for me in a nutshell.   I expected a lot more from Janet, especially with Jimmy behind her for the most part, in terms of promotion for this project.   Promo maybe something that Janet doesn't want to do, but it is necessary to get the word and project off the ground.   Promotion could have been in the realm of releasing singles at the right time, not to mention low budget videos and a couple of appearances on radio/awards shows-just minimal promotion.  Even here in the states, there seems to have been a missed opportunity with the release of BURNITUP as a legitimate single, and the lack of a current single that should have been released by now.   I think that with someone who has been in the business of consistently putting out albums/singles in the past, this should be common knowledge.    I don't want to see Janet trying to compete with younger artists, just release material so that people know that she is still the Janet Jackson we all know she can be from an artist's perspective. 

• Upvote 2

I don't Janet want to patronize the media anymore. I think it is really torturous for her to go do all that. I understand seeing what they put her through, but it not realistic in make a project this ambitious  be successful.

I understand Janet doesn't want to be a part of the media that was so hurtful to her in the past.   However, she can just do minimal promo with regards to making small appearances, and at the very least releasing singles at a decent time to radio.     I play Unbreakable a lot around my younger nieces and nephews and you wouldn't believe how much they are into "Dammn Baby," and say it would be a great single.

Katara, this is a very quick review of the sequence of my feelings, thoughout this era.

Janet announces new music, a new world tour, a new movement. My pussy juices were flowing. I was ecstatic, I even cried.

She releases No Sleep. I was up all day and night listening to this smooth, buttery, R&B jam. Imagined the video, crazy for the album to be released so that I can hear a new Janet album. I couldn't believe it was actually happening. I imagined the video for it. Wondered what the rest of the album was going to be like.

Then an announcement that Janet was going to be at the BET awards. My pussy exploded! I was so hyped, I couldn't deal. All my friends were calling, and texting me. They know I'm Janet's whore.

The day comes, I see the horrendous tribute, but who cares? Janet was going to come on, and blow it out of the water. First dissapointment. She didn't perform. She looked great, and thanked her fans, and spoke about how she love her husband. No shit!

Then, I impatiently wait for the video, next dissapointment. Not exactly my favorite. Then I thought. Wow Janet is a genious, she must have something big coming, and she is just teasing us, so that she can deliver anticilation for the best waves of multiple orgasms. 

She teases us with the great forever. Loved it. The announcement that she is going to perform at iheart radio graces us. Next dissapointment. CANCELLED.

Then we get that teaser of Burnitup. Pussy wet again. I imagined the video with Missy. Loved the song, loved what was to come. The anticipation was fucking killing me! 

Then the album. I was all over the place. Now I'm getting more anxious about the BIU video, and imagined she would probably perform on Ellen, and or SNL, and or on late night! Anywhere!

She goes to Paris. Now I'm getting pissed, and wondering what the fuck is Janet doing!?!?

Months go by, and nothing. Well, I'll see her in philly on February 24th. It was going to be great to see her on my birthday week. CANCELLED!

IT HAS BEEN ALL DOWN HILL FROM THEN ON! I WAS DONE! October release, we are now in March, and all we've gotten is tweets, a great album, cancelled performances, cancelled, or postponed tours, one music video, no performances, and huge announcements that have amounted to NOTHING, but some horse race show, and annoying tweets about nothing. I've shut down, and expect a THIRD Philly cancellation. All for you tour, Philly, CANCELLED.... RWU Tour Philly, CANCELLED,... Unbreakable tour Philly, postpone from February to August. I'm just going to adsume she's going.to cancel.

The Unbreakable era has been shit so far. 

We are left with nothing but speculation, heartache, frustration, and just interviews by Jimmy Jam.

• Upvote 8

This era is on the same level with Discipline, which had a great start, a great tour beginning and then all of a sudden everything fades away, tour is canceled and we get nothing. Later, an announcement about her leaving the record company, and silence again. I mean, isn's she a friend of Pink's? Didn't Pink make it clear that LA Reid is an asshole? Yet, Janet went with him because of... what?  He has a really bad rep with artists and controlling them, making them something they don't wanna be.

Anyway, I loved your post, Jodienda. Totally agree. They were building the hype for this big spectacular that never came. It's becoming Janet's trademark now. Promises of huge things that never come. I wonder how they're going to handle the new tour dates. Then again, she promised to come to Europe later, after 9/11 and that never happened either. But maybe they actually are trying to find a new promoter. Smaller venues are a must, and I think she'll skip most of the cities she was originally supposed to perform in.

Unbreakable era is the worst Janet era, even compared to the painful 20 yo era, where she was all over the place, performing everywhere but still flopping at the same time. That was painful to watch. I was like "She's on Oprah, why isn't the single going up the charts?!" lol Well, obviously cause So Excited is a terrible song that makes most peoples ear drums bleed.

We can hope she'll take this time to shoot a music video for any song off Unbreakable. But a statement from BMG with an announcement of her getting dropped is more likely. Or of course, the typical silence & just fading away from the spotlight.

• Downvote 1

Now that I think about it, 'scheduling difficulties' might be the actual reason - this could mean that Live Nation was recently looking for smaller venues to move the concerts to, but they couldn't find venues available for original dates, and had to cancel/postpone.

The shows didn't start until next month right?   I think she could have still done some hardcore promoting in that time span over there and sold some tickets.  

The shows didn't start until next month right?   I think she could have still done some hardcore promoting in that time span over there and sold some tickets.  

They were due to start on the 30th

This album is literally for us. Period. She said that. She wrote a song about it. Did you even listen to her album?

This album is NOT for people who don't know the difference between Indy and signed. Janet is Indy. New movement 

• Downvote 1