Janet UK tour postponed!

bu.

This album is literally for us. Period. She said that. She wrote a song about it. Did you even listen to her album?

This album is NOT for people who don't know the difference between Indy and signed. Janet is Indy. New movement 

I know the difference between a great era, and a shitty era. I had no idea that Indy would mean a shitty era.

Old movement > New movement

• Upvote 4

I know the difference between a great era, and a shitty era. I had no idea that Indy would mean a shitty era.

Old movement > New movement

and that's what it boils down to. You can scream independent all you want to but there are independent artists on NO budget that have churned out more satisfying eras. The Unbreakable week was just shitty from start to finish 

• Upvote 3

If she downsizes to a smaller venue then I'll be happy tbh. I hate arenas - the sound is shit. Stadiums are too impersonal. Royal Albert Hall was fantastic because it was such an intimate venue. I much prefer that. 

• Upvote 2

I understand Janet doesn't want to be a part of the media that was so hurtful to her in the past.   However, she can just do minimal promo with regards to making small appearances, and at the very least releasing singles at a decent time to radio.     I play Unbreakable a lot around my younger nieces and nephews and you wouldn't believe how much they are into "Dammn Baby," and say it would be a great single.

Janet was fine with the media all through the Number Ones, True You, Up Close and Personal era. Then she got married and she went silent suddenly. Everyone was rooting for her comeback. 

I hate to bring up the B word but Janet could learn about PR from Beyoncé. She communicates with her fans through what she releases, videos, photos, etc. while bypassing traditional media and maintaining an air of aloofness and enigma. When was the last time Beyoncé did an interview? She doesn't anymore. She controls how "Beyoncé" is distributed, on her terms and on her schedule. 

Janet could do the same thing. She doesn't need to be on Good Morning America or Ellen for people to feel her presence in the media. I see some effort on Janet's part to do that, but there are so many opportunities she's missing. Being in the driver's seat now on her own label she really should be designing the entire "Janet" brand in a truly 360 way, taking full of advantage of having broken away from the old model of doing things on a big label. 

That's all. :coffee: 

• Upvote 2

I wonder did people expect this to be some big high profile release where Janet was supposed to be everywhere. I understand that the promo was/is the polar extreme,  but this was always a low-investment project of sorts.

Probably because that's what we're used to? I'm fine either way. 

Edited by Dammn Bu

I hate to bring up the B word but Janet could learn about PR from Beyoncé. She communicates with her fans through what she releases, videos, photos, etc. while bypassing traditional media and maintaining an air of aloofness and enigma. When was the last time Beyoncé did an interview? She doesn't anymore. She controls how "Beyoncé" is distributed, on her terms and on her schedule. 

Janet could do the same thing. She doesn't need to be on Good Morning America or Ellen for people to feel her presence in the media. I see some effort on Janet's part to do that, but there are so many opportunities she's missing. Being in the driver's seat now on her own label she really should be designing the entire "Janet" brand in a truly 360 way, taking full of advantage of having broken away from the old model of doing things on a big label. 

That's all. :coffee: 

THANK YOU!!! This is EXACTLY how I feel. You articulated it so well! I owe you a blow job!

• Upvote 1

Why do y'all keep thinking in extremes? Videos and some promo =/= being an attention whore

They are just making poor excuses, and using it to justify the unjustifiable. 

Janet IS a singer/performer. She releases albums and videos. I don't understan how if she at LEAST did that, it would be considered attention whoring.

Janet isn't, and has never been a just an album artist. We're not Janet fans because of her powerhouse vocals.

They are just making poor excuses, and using it to justify the unjustifiable. 

Janet IS a singer/performer. She releases albums and videos. I don't understan how if she at LEAST did that, it would be considered attention whoring.

Janet isn't, and has never been a just an album artist. We're not Janet fans because of her powerhouse vocals.

She can't even post a video answering fan questions. No interaction whatsoever. If that's the 'movement' then she can keep. And you can't really have a movement if no one knows about it or what it is. It's just lame overall tbh

Taking into consideration her background I truly understand if she doesn't want to have anything to do with the media. But as many have stated before, she could have easily done a little promo independently in her own terms, while still maintaining her privacy.

She is the one who started this whole "Let's keep the Conversation going" -thing. She is the one who promised us a new album, tour and a movement. What movement? What Conversation? It seems she is reluctant to have nearly any "conversation" with the public and it seems to be so very difficult to her. Why did she start the "Conversation" in the first place? She could have easily just released a statement saying she will release an album for the fans and possibly tour: That's it - nothing more, nothing less. And also, she couldn't possibly be so naive to think that other than diehard fans would care without promo?

Also, to me it seemed obvious that she didn't even write most of her tweets herself... If you look through them from the Unbreakable era you can see that she always started it with "Hey you guys..." I mean literally almost every tweet/message. I just thought that was a little strange.

yeah they could have used the conversation in a cafe for a webisode and sat down and talked about each song and it's meaning. And then said keep the convo going and have people comment on it. Especially the black eagle where she references room #4 a very controversial topic. The movement I guess was doing things your own way and keep your sound original. It's a shame because she could have been the blueprint on doing 0 mainstream media and selling & being successful by controlling and promoting via social media. 

• Upvote 2