Janet UK tour postponed!

bu.

I hate to bring up the B word but Janet could learn about PR from Beyoncé. She communicates with her fans through what she releases, videos, photos, etc. while bypassing traditional media and maintaining an air of aloofness and enigma. When was the last time Beyoncé did an interview? She doesn't anymore. She controls how "Beyoncé" is distributed, on her terms and on her schedule. 

Janet could do the same thing. She doesn't need to be on Good Morning America or Ellen for people to feel her presence in the media. I see some effort on Janet's part to do that, but there are so many opportunities she's missing. Being in the driver's seat now on her own label she really should be designing the entire "Janet" brand in a truly 360 way, taking full of advantage of having broken away from the old model of doing things on a big label. 

That's all. :coffee: 

Janet doesn't have the fan base of Beyonce nor is she as reliable in my opinion. 

Janet doesn't have the fan base of Beyonce nor is she as reliable in my opinion. 

Shots fired. :o 

It's true Beyoncé is more relevant today. But she's been extremely smart about creating anticipation and making every move "stop the world." -_- 

Shots fired. :o 

It's true Beyoncé is more relevant today. But she's been extremely smart about creating anticipation and making every move "stop the world." -_- 

LOL. I'm not trying to bash JJ but it's the truth. 

Her status has dropped to that of a one hit wonder. Most of her casual fans have moved on. 

• Upvote 1

LOL. I'm not trying to bash JJ but it's the truth. 

Her status has dropped to that of a one hit wonder. Most of her casual fans have moved on. 

Casual, yes... But she's still got that nostalgia factor. I mean you can't beat old school Janet. -_- And at this point.... Everything up to AFY is old school. :unsure: 

To Game's point about her being a Indy artist, look.at.Prince. He's a visual indy artist too, and when he left Warner Bros. he did DRAMATICALLY less videos than he did under contract, hell some albums he released had NO videos or tours or interviews, when you're paying for everything,it's a whole other ball park. And it's something I know alot of his fans complain about too, because worse than us they were spoiled with tons of music videos per era (we're more spoiled with interviews though). So yea being a Prince fan, this shit REALLY isn't that painful or hurtful to me beause it's the same thing he's gone through transitioning from a a signed artist to a independent 1.

Prince isn't even close to Janet when it comes to visuals. His ONLY signature move, as far as visuals is holding the guitar, and doing a split. Sorry, but Janet's visuals are far more intricate.

I just miss the videos, Janet's videos are brilliant! Even No Sleep is right up there with the best of them. I know she can cook up some stunning shit. I think that's been my biggest thing this era, it's been all about the album, with nothing to... Enhance that experience or take it to the next level. I mean except the tour which :unsure: 

• Upvote 4

As far as Beyonce goes, I can't stand her as a performer, and think she's a piece of zzzzzz's on the stage. HOWEVER, her kiddie following, who don't recognize real talent adore her, because of her promo. She has most definitely done it right, as has Madonna, and that is the ONLY thing I envy. Their fans have it made. And I don't give a fuck it they are signed, indy, or otherwise. Janet can do it too. She could at least do the minimum, and she hasn't done even a quarter of the minimum.

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 3

Prince isn't even close to Janet when it comes to visuals. His ONLY signature move, as far as visuals is holding the guitar, and doing a split. Sorry, but Janet's visuals are far more intricate.

perhaps, but prince sold out his UK shows last year within minutes. literally

• Upvote 1

Casual, yes... But she's still got that nostalgia factor. I mean you can't beat old school Janet. -_- And at this point.... Everything up to AFY is old school. :unsure: 

She should have nostalgia but her old school stuff hasn't been properly promoted. How can people be nostalgic for things they don't even remember? 

I mean, Cyndi Lauper, A-ha and Culture club stream better on multiple platforms than her ffs. 

To be fair, I am a pessimist but my point still stands. 

As far as Beyonce goes, I can't stand her as a performer, and think she's a piece of zzzzzz's on the stage. HOWEVER, her kiddie following, who don't recognize real talent adore her, because of her promo. She has most definitely done it right, as has Madonna, and that is the ONLY thing I envy. Their fans have it made. And I don't give a fuck it they are signed, indy, or otherwise. Janet can do it too. She could at least do the minimum, and she hasn't done even a quarter of the minimum.

Exactly. The way the media and their PRs work, you'd think that every single thing they release/d is a hit. It's when you go look at the charts that you go OH? :o everything they release/do is made to look MASSIVE even when its flopping everywhere. Their pr machine is INSANE and they know how to play the media game. 

• Upvote 3

Exactly. The way the media and their PRs work, you'd think that every single thing they released is a hit. It's when you go look at the charts that you go OH? :o everything they release/do is made to look MASSIVE even when it's a flopping everywhere. Their pr machine is INSANE and they know how to play the media game. 

Precisley. Midge made Rebel Heart a force just by sheer audacity and thirst. 

• Upvote 1

That's incredibly inaccurate, he is 1 of the most noted visual artists along with Janet & Michael, he's 1 of the pioneers of the video album, of internet exclusive music videos/performances & interviews. Sorry but we can prefer Janet's visuals, but he's done and pioneered alot visually that she hasn't. She, Prince, Madonna & MJ all revolutionized music videos, and once Prince went independent he drastically slowed down on how out of the box he was in terms of the videos.

I luv ya Jodi,  but Prince doesn't have around  140 music videos standing around with a guitar. 

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

at this point she's in a difficult place - 

if she postpones the already once postponed tours in the U.S to come back to Europe - that'll piss everyone off,

if she doesn't - she won't be back in Europe for another 6 month and, unless she gets those tickets up on sale ASAP...people are gonna be doing other stuff

at this point she's in a difficult place - 

if she postpones the already once postponed tours in the U.S to come back to Europe - that'll piss everyone off,

if she doesn't - she won't be back in Europe for another 6 month and, unless she gets those tickets up on sale ASAP...people are gonna be doing other stuff

No way is she rescheduling the Europe dates. That ship has sailed. Her comment was to just save face.

No way is she rescheduling the Europe dates. That ship has sailed. Her comment was to just save face.

which is ironic given that it just makes people think she's full of shit

she promised she would come back after cancelling all for you dates, she never did.

if she doesn't come back after promising to reschedule unbreakable date, then what the fuck

which is ironic given that it just makes people think she's full of shit

she promised she would come back after cancelling all for you dates, she never did.

if she doesn't come back after promising to reschedule unbreakable date, then what the fuck

Yeah, it does! She's digging herself into an even BIGGER hole. She probably thinks this whole thing will just blow over and work itself out. 

I wonder where that "3 year plan" went? 

Edited by katara

Precisley. Midge made Rebel Heart a force just by sheer audacity and thirst. 

Pretty much. The spins Living For Gloves gets over here youd think that it was another Madead classic.

Not to mention a sucessful tour based on smoke, mirrors and a 
tricycle

TOACEntry_zpsrqcwwjdg.gif

• Upvote 1

That's incredibly inaccurate, he is 1 of the most noted visual artists along with Janet & Michael, he's 1 of the pioneers of the video album, of internet exclusive music videos/performances & interviews. Sorry but we can prefer Janet's visuals, but he's done and pioneered alot visually that she hasn't.

when was Prince one of the most noted visual artists along with Michael and Janet? I've never heard Prince being praised for his visuals or videos. His music yes but as a visual artist nope. 

Do you guys think Unbreakable will be Janet's last album? Or will we have to wait another 7 years? 

As i've said many times yes I think it is her last album. Do I want it to be? Nope

Do you guys think Unbreakable will be Janet's last album? Or will we have to wait another 7 years? 

Yes cuz she's taking Ls since DJ era and No if she really means business with her label (but if she does then her whole pr team would be fired by now sooo IDK) . She is happy with her personal life so she might just not care enough to do the extra work after releasing an album and call it quits. 

Yes cuz she's taking Ls since DJ era and No if she really means business with her label (but if she does than her whole pr team would be fired by now sooo IDK) .

She might as well have retired after "All For You". Unbreakable era has been painful. 

when was Prince one of the most noted visual artists along with Michael and Janet? I've never heard Prince being praised for his visuals or videos. His music yes but as a visual artist nope. 

In documentaries about black artists & their music videos, MJ, Janet, & Prince's names are always used the most and used for examples as black artists expanding the art of music videos for Black artists. MTV, Vh1, & BET in the past have mentioned this many times. And even if he got no recognition for it, as said above, he has around 140 music videos, he pioneered the video artist and online only exclusive concerts and interviews back in the mid 90s before anyone. 

She might as well have retired after "All For You". Unbreakable era has been painful. 

How the fuck you say she should have retired in 2002??? The era maybe painful but the album is still great.

And im quite happy with the Damita Jo album too thanks ^_^

Edited by vibeology
  • Upvote 4

To Game's point about her being a Indy artist, look.at.Prince. He's a visual indy artist too, and when he left Warner Bros. he did DRAMATICALLY less videos than he did under contract, hell some albums he released had NO videos or tours or interviews, when you're paying for everything,it's a whole other ball park. And it's something I know alot of his fans complain about too, because worse than us they were spoiled with tons of music videos per era (we're more spoiled with interviews though). So yea being a Prince fan, this shit REALLY isn't that painful or hurtful to me beause it's the same thing he's gone through transitioning from a a signed artist to a independent 1.

Don't waste your breath bro. They don't understand this. This is too complex for the simpleminded apparently. 

Let the Debbie Downers continue to quote shitty sources like Page Six and NY Daily and bitch about something they can't change. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1