The "VENTING" Thread!! (No rebuttals PLS!)

Dal

shit been closed........what are u slow? where da fuck did you think this was going.? Im waiting on Matt down under :shifty:

don't be shady bro.. Can't you please at least make your own thread or take it to PM? This thread was fine for a while..

• Upvote 3

Listen assholes, can you take your damned race rebuttals elsewhere? Go to the Trump and Sanders rallies! This thread is for bitching about Janet's non era! Her Damn Baby video better give me some multiple orgasms, or I'm going to be in here letting all hell get loose!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Listen assholes, can you take your damned race rebuttals elsewhere? Go to the Trump and Sanders rallies! This thread is for bitching about Janet's non era! Her Damn Baby video better give me some multiple orgasms, or I'm going to be in here letting all hell get loose!

Oh look who.is tryna "instruct" ppl to.take a certain topic elsewhere. 

The hypocrisy on this board runs HIGH AF let me tell ya. 

Just like how u whiners feel that u can bitch and moan.in ANY thread you please. This topic of race should be able to be discussed wherever they please. You cant pick and choose what applies to you but not others.

ARE U KIDDING ME?!!! Tf outta here!

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1

I feel what REALLY hurt this era is poor planning. i don't think there was a marketing strategy in place at all. Does anyone know who's managing her? If she's doing everything herself that would at least explain it. 

there was a lot of good will in the beginning especially with the rise of feminism in the digital era. calls for her to be apologized to are an ANNUAL occurrence and that definitely added up imo. the 30th anniversary of control (an empowerment record) was the perfect springboard for the new album release, but it was squandered. 

i truly believe that if they had amped up the amount of content janet was putting out prior to the release (getting her old live performances up on youtube in hq, releasing a control 30 anniversary +documentary) that this era could've been a great success commercially. rejuvenating and cementing her status.  

unbreakable could still be saved but it's obvious there's no motivation. 

• Upvote 2

It's hard for me to accept that she's lost her fire. I'm in semi-denial over it, tbh...

What I dont understand about "she has lost her fire" is..,,what is her contemps doing that is showing they still have fire? I dont see any difference between Janet, Madonna, and Mariah at this stage. 

It's hard for me to accept that she's lost her fire. I'm in semi-denial over it, tbh...

It sucks. Hard to accept and hard to watch.  

We are such a messy bunch. Janet has a good month and a half to breathe new life into this era. The tour alone is not enough, she must make her presence known. Does anyone know how well the U.S. ticket sales are going? The last time I checked there were some dates that had a nice amount of empty seats.

I think places like Tulsa and Denver were struggling. The big cities will always do well.  This thing starts back up in May and there is complete silence.  Even if this video comes out that will not be enough to sale tickets.  There will be more cancellations to come and postponements.  

And despite all of that, he is still revered and celebrated as a legend. So is Whitney even though she was a crackhead. I guess they just have death privilege.

I do. Nothing I have said would suggest otherwise. I am talking about these people as individuals and saying you can't pin someone's entire success on their race. That's absolutely foolish. So to say Janet failed because she's black doesn't add up. And your last paragraph illustrates that point. 

There's a reason why Miley Cyrus' boob can pop out during the VMAs and no one bats an eye, is seen as a visionary for performing completely naked, and ppl find comic relief in her performing "My Neck, My Back", but Beyonce gets slut shamed for wearing leotards, telling the police in a music video to "stop shooting us" causes public unrest, and gets labeled a racist for embracing her Blackness. 

I don't recall anyone saying race is a factor of success, but privilege plays a major part of it. Just look at all that Madonna has done in her career. Whitney did drugs and is labeled a crack head, but nobody will admit Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse, both of which who died of apparent over doses, were druggies. It's almost NEVER mentioned when discussing them. 

You can't say racism isn't rampant in the industry. 

• Upvote 6

Oh look who.is tryna "instruct" ppl to.take a certain topic elsewhere. 

The hypocrisy on this board runs HIGH AF let me tell ya. 

Just like how u whiners feel that u can bitch and moan.in ANY thread you please. This topic of race should be able to be discussed wherever they please. You cant pick and choose what applies to you but not others.

ARE U KIDDING ME?!!! Tf outta here!

What you need to do is either take the stick out of your ass, or ram it further up your ass! I was trying to derail the race BS with some humor. You can ccontinue to bitch and whine anout the bitching and whinning. And by the way, I stated in this thread that I'm ok with rebuttals, so your comment is irrelevant to me.:coffee:

Edited by Jodienda76

There's a reason why Miley Cyrus' boob can pop out during the VMAs and no one bats an eye, is seen as a visionary for performing completely naked, and ppl find comic relief in her performing "My Neck, My Back", but Beyonce gets slut shamed for wearing leotards, telling the police in a music video to "stop shooting us" causes public unrest, and gets labeled a racist for embracing her Blackness. 

I don't recall anyone saying race is a factor of success, but privilege plays a major part of it. Just look at all that Madonna has done in her career. Whitney did drugs and is labeled a crack head, but nobody will admit Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse, both of which who died of apparent over doses, were druggies. It's almost NEVER mentioned when discussing them. 

You can't say racism isn't rampant in the industry. 

I did not touch upon any of that nor did I say race was not an issue in the industry or elsewhere. It obviously is. My point is that to say that Madonna could navigate "scandal" and "controversy" with her career intact is only due to the fact that she is white, and Janet not being able due to the fact that she is black, is horseshit. Which is why I mentioned people like Chris Brown, Michael Jackson, and Whitney. Chris Brown and Michael because their scandals were far worse. Whitney because she along with Michael has a legacy that essentially overwrites all transgressions. Janet is to blame for the decline of her career. And she could have bounced back from the Super Bowl. She made shit music for years and stopped caring. That's on her. Even before Unbreakable came out the media and everyone was on her side and waiting. Like SB never happened. She alone fucked it up. Her career is where it is because of her. Madonna's is where hers is because of her. That's my point. To paint everything with one broad stroke of "Well x is white and x is black" is just a really gross oversimplification and as I said does nothing for either person or either race.  

Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse along with many other rockstars are acknowledged to have drug problems... I don't know where you're getting that. The Oscar winning documentary about Amy was all about her substance abuse and alcoholism. 

I did not touch upon any of that nor did I say race was not an issue in the industry or elsewhere. It obviously is. My point is that to say that Madonna could navigate "scandal" and "controversy" with her career intact is only due to the fact that she is white, and Janet not being able due to the fact that she is black, is horseshit. Which is why I mentioned people like Chris Brown, Michael Jackson, and Whitney. Chris Brown and Michael because their scandals were far worse. Whitney because she along with Michael has a legacy that essentially overwrites all transgressions. Janet is to blame for the decline of her career. And she could have bounced back from the Super Bowl. She made shit music for years and stopped caring. That's on her. Even before Unbreakable came out the media and everyone was on her side and waiting. Like SB never happened. She alone fucked it up. Her career is where it is because of her. Madonna's is where hers is because of her. That's my point. To paint everything with one broad stroke of "Well x is white and x is black" is just a really gross oversimplification and as I said does nothing for either person or either race.  

Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse along with many other rockstars are acknowledged to have drug problems... I don't know where you're getting that. The Oscar winning documentary about Amy was all about her substance abuse and alcoholism. 

Madonna can navigate scandal yes, but she also has the benefit of White privilege. Madonna can expose a 17 year old's breast, which by law is sexually assaulting a minor and she should be registered as a sex offender, but it's comical. Beyonce reminds the world she's Black and suddenly she's a racist and anti-cop. The obvious vilification of one of these artists speaks to racism in the industry. Janet lost the support of her pop audience (a/k/a her White fans), and that's why she went the R&B/Urban route with 20YO because that support was still there. Granted she has made some rather questionable career moves in the past decade, but that doesn't explain why her career is in the shape it's in now. 

Kurt and Amy's drug abuse is merely a footnote in their careers. Whereas someone like Whitney and MJ's is a headline. 

• Upvote 6

Madonna can navigate scandal yes, but she also has the benefit of White privilege. Madonna can expose a 17 year old's breast, which by law is sexually assaulting a minor and she should be registered as a sex offender, but it's comical. Beyonce reminds the world she's Black and suddenly she's a racist and anti-cop. The obvious vilification of one of these artists speaks to racism in the industry. Janet lost the support of her pop audience (a/k/a her White fans), and that's why she went the R&B/Urban route with 20YO because that support was still there. Granted she has made some rather questionable career moves in the past decade, but that doesn't explain why her career is in the shape it's in now. 

Kurt and Amy's drug abuse is merely a footnote in their careers. Whereas someone like Whitney and MJ's is a headline. 

That was an accident and the girl didn't press charges so... And it is comical because it's not a big deal. I don't know about this backlash y'all are talking about regarding Beyoncé. She's at her zenith. Of course some white hicks are offended but it hasn't damaged her brand. She is more powerful than she's ever been. Like, she literally brought girls dressed as black panthers to the Super Bowl and is still selling out stadiums. Also, how do you explain Kanye? He's the biggest jackass in the music industry yet whatever bullshit he says or does does not get him blacklisted or diminish his artistic integrity. And he most famously took the mic away from a white woman at an awards show. Where were the pitchforks? It became a meme and a pop culture line. 

Is it? :unsure: I'll take your word for it. I truly don't see that.

That was an accident and the girl didn't press charges so... And it is comical because it's not a big deal. I don't know about this backlash y'all are talking about regarding Beyoncé. She's at her zenith. Of course some white hicks are offended but it hasn't damaged her brand. She is more powerful than she's ever been. Like, she literally brought girls dressed as black panthers to the Super Bowl and is still selling out stadiums. Also, how do you explain Kanye? He's the biggest jackass in the music industry yet whatever bullshit he says or does does not get him blacklisted or diminish his artistic integrity. And he most famously took the mic away from a white woman at an awards show. Where were the pitchforks? It became a meme and a pop culture line. 

Is it? :unsure: I'll take your word for it. I truly don't see that.

This is the very definition of White privilege, and you just proved my point. I think we're through here. ^_^ 

This video will be average. My expectations are so low.

Unfortuntely, and as much as I hate to admit it, although the anticipation is killing me, the actual excitement has been watered down. This is all due to the massive dissappointments of this era for such a long period of time.

• Upvote 2