The "VENTING" Thread!! (No rebuttals PLS!)

Dal

I think I stated this in another thread previously, but the more time Janet takes to release this video after the Dubai World Cup means the less promotion that event might be able to give her, if any.

The tour starts up again (hopefully) in May so perhaps she will do something to spark interest, at least a little bit. The upcoming tour dates definitely aren't completely sold out (if they were Janet's Team would probably announce it) with seats (sometimes whole sections) still vacant...

I really want Janet to win, but the way things are going, she's allowing herself to lose.

I think I stated this in another thread previously, but the more time Janet takes to release this video after the Dubai World Cup means the less promotion that event might be able to give her, if any.

The tour starts up again (hopefully) in May so perhaps she will do something to spark interest, at least a little bit. The upcoming tour dates definitely aren't completely sold out (if they were Janet's Team would probably announce it) with seats (sometimes whole sections) still vacant...

I really want Janet to win, but the way things are going, she's allowing herself to lose.

I know people who've returned their tickets after the two postponements in St Louis, so I'm sure there are plenty left

This video will be average. My expectations are so low.

I'm keeping hope alive because it is a dance song but with all the restrictions she is under I will not be surprised if it is underwhelming.  I said it before the lighting will be dark, we will barely see her face and she will be covered.   I predict the highlight will be the two kids.  

• Upvote 2

• The launch of the mymusicvip was a mess (no consistent info, ppl having to buy the album several times etc)
  • The promo and pr on this era was a mess
  • The European tour was a mess (why oh why perform in cities where you don't have a solid fanbase and then do no promo... why make a huge tour at her age & position in the first place... just book a couple of gigs in major cities and expand if there is a demand)
I always thought she didn't like touring that much anyway and was a bit weak physically compared to e.g. Madonna who always had the endurance of an athlete. If I were her I would have just made a couple of appearances here and there and then chill in the sun by the beach somewhere in the Middle East... :filenails: I think the general public didn't expect more than that from her.
  • Also the official tour store was working strangely (strange confirmation e-mails, payment not coming through etc)

Lots of unanswered questions that leave me wondering: what were they thinking & what were they trying to achieve?

Not to be all pessimistic though, what do you think was a success in this era? :cheer::wub:  In my opinion:
  • The album itself was beautiful and she managed to make it a success without much promo
  •  I loved the style (hair, make-up  & clothes) in the first promo shoots (very jack sparrow like) ;)
  •  J looks gorgeous (I hope she is finally truly happy and at peace!)
  •  I loved the concept of the mysterious Black Eagle and the black and white style as well as the opening of her show with the same theme

I think the actual show was a hit, it really was impressive to see

the reason why Justin didn't get punished was he apologised. Janet didn't apologise. That's why she was blacklisted. Not because she was black. That's nonsense and there is no evidence of it.

Actually Janet did apologize. Justin apologized in order to go to the Grammy's and even tho Janet did she was still uninvited as she said. That's white privilege buddy. Sorry but it is.

I dont think she's weak....I think she's codependent ...she's not spent too much time single ever really

I'm kinda like that myself :(

Actually Janet did apologize. Justin apologized in order to go to the Grammy's and even tho Janet did she was still uninvited as she said. That's white privilege buddy. Sorry but it is.

And she had to do it on national television.  I remember I was so sad watching that.  

• Upvote 1

And she had to do it on national television.  I remember I was so sad watching that.  

I felt so disgusted watching that. She was forced to do it and later she said she wish she hadn't because you don't apologize if it was an accident

I'm kinda like that myself :(

me too which is why its easy to recognize ....like looking in a mirror

I felt so disgusted watching that. She was forced to do it and later she said she wish she hadn't because you don't apologize if it was an accident

Yeah, Janet did apologize over and over again, and had to say the same thing over and over again on several shows.    She got tired of apologizing for it because it seemed no one wanted to believe her.    I think that's why she is enjoying being an independent artist-she can handle things the way she wants-even if some of us are frustrated by the process.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Janet did apologize over and over again, and had to say the same thing over and over again on several shows.    She got tired of apologizing for it because it seemed no one wanted to believe her.    I think that's why she is enjoying being an independent artist-she can handle things the way she wants-even if some of us are frustrated by the process.

I dont think people are frustrated by the process.  The independent route was the right way to go but the process is not the issue.  She just disappeared in the middle of an active era.   

• Upvote 2

So today it arrived... the LP that I ordered... to get the code... to get into mymusicvip... and all that... It's a beautiful album... but I'm feeling bittersweet though... cause my show got cancelled and I don't think you'll come to my city again... Why did you let me down J... :( On a side note: the code doesn't even work... I wonder what's the reason...

P60404-162537-vert.jpg

We'll add this to the list of grievances.. Beautiful vinyl... Shitty circumstances.. ?

• Upvote 3

Without having to give a history lesson, you do realize the states, although a Mecca of racial tragedy...many other people of color from ALL over the world suffer the same injustices. And when that racial divide was being created all those years ago it wasn't being done in one place. So don't be so quick to "ugh" about the situation & be dismissive. When you're on a message board supporting someone who has faced these issues herself. 

my point was more that americans are literally obsessed with it. and from an outsiders point of view, it seems to cause deep serious issues in your society - i mean, the level of police violence and killings is unthinkable in Europe.. 

So today it arrived... the LP that I ordered... to get the code... to get into mymusicvip... and all that... It's a beautiful album... but I'm feeling bittersweet though... cause my show got cancelled and I don't think you'll come to my city again... Why did you let me down J... :( On a side note: the code doesn't even work... I wonder what's the reason...

P60404-162537-vert.jpg

cancelled? when did this happen? have there been more cancellations? I thought the cancelled US shows were rescheudled? 

P60404-162537-vert.jpg

They are going to have to redo the code thing unless they are shutting down the whole VIP site and museum.  It isn't really a VIP experience on the site anyways. 

Another one in a bubble!  Didn't I tell you to change your member name? Where the do you live?  Cause if you don't live in the States you need to stop discussing racial politics.  Once Janet's breast was unleashed America woke up and said "Oh shit I didn't know Janet was black!" 

I'm assuming you are black, give me an example in your life where you have been stopped from succeeding in something by a white person because he/she didn't like the colour of skin?

You talk so much crap. People knew janet was black and loved her. People saw her as the normal jackson. 

Why then was michael more popular when he was black. Funny how what you consider racist America, started to dislike michael when he turned White. 

You are so ignorant of how fortunate you are living in the free world and the opportunities you do have. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1