The "VENTING" Thread!! (No rebuttals PLS!)

Dal

Ok, can we now go back to bitching about why we haven't seen the fucking video for Damn Baby yet?! They've had plenty of time to edit damn it! All this fucking time they're taking, they better be releasing two videos, for two different songs. This shit is beyond annoying!

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Any ideas why Janet's so radically changed her approach to fan engagement? And please don't give me that "Indy" or $ bs...

well she's met her fans in the VIP so the only thing I can say has changed is her and the media. She wants no part of it I guess

Any ideas why Janet's so radically changed her approach to fan engagement? And please don't give me that "Indy" or $ bs...

I think the ideas have already been said: she's not hungry for this anymore, her husband, bad marketing and management teams, etc. I've said this before, but I hope that she can spark up more interest for the upcoming dates with this video and some other stuff.

• Upvote 1

Fans don't have anything to engage with.  

His views are sad.  I would expect a kid to say things like that.  Work hard like the Jackson 5 and you can make it in America.  what a joke 

:lmao:  There they go!  There they go!  Thats the ultimate sign of White Privilege.  Thinking that we have 1 black President in the last 200 years we have been set free.  GTFOH. What type of bubble do you live in. White privilege does not mean you are racist.  It means you have certain advantages because of the color of your skin.  White Privilege is not knowing that you have it. It goes beyond poverty.   Privilege is not just dealing with rich or poor.  "If the jackson 5 can do it so can you" You have to be kidding me.  You really are embarrassing  yourself.   It shows you have no culture, no education, you hang around the same type of people, you have never travelled and you watch too much TV.   You obviously did not understand anything in my last post.  You probably have no clue what any of those things were.  Explain HBCU's to me?  Why do we have them?  Explain why we have the congressional black caucus.  Those aren't poor blacks and they work their asses off.  Explain why these things still exist?  

I don't want to get into the race war... Especially online with the forum's Chris Brown and you.. But we have been set free :umm: People of color have become great things bc of the Result of war. A War that white people & black people fought in.. Together. 

I think this is an age thing. And I hope We can do better. 

I think the ideas have already been said: she's not hungry for this anymore, her husband, bad marketing and management teams, etc. I've said this before, but I hope that she can spark up more interest for the upcoming dates with this video and some other stuff.

I hear you -- it just seems so counter-productive... One would have expected a course correction by now. Can't wrap my mind around it. They're banking a lot on the video it seems.

u said it....she's not hungry for it....Jimmy has said in the past they would be recording but she wasn't into "it" so why are we here? .....in her defense I think there's a part of her that loves her fans so much she wanted to do and give more than she was ready to do

• Upvote 3

I still love Janet the most out of all of them.....she worked her way up and is talented and gifted yet so kind in a harsh world, she wanted to do good and I love her so much she is my favorite, at her concert it was sooooo weird for me to stand there thinking, nope this isnt any of those other acts Ive seen and spent money on live, ....this is THE ONE :wub:

• Upvote 2

Don't assume.  I'm not black.  I'm a big mutt(Spanish/German/Italian/Cherokee Indian).  But if you really don't understand the politics of what happened to Janet after the Super Bowl and how it affected her career for nearly a full decade you are blind to how black women especially in entertainment are viewed and are held up to a different standard when it comes to their sexuality. The U.S. has come around for the most part as far as Janet....even the FCC admitted late last year that they took it too far.  Janet was America's sweetheart before the Super Bowl and after that was blackballed in the industry as far as radio airplay and the media and MTV not running her videos. 

As far as Michael he is more cherished now than he was alive.  Michael was a joke in the U.S. from the release of History until he died. Internationally he was always beloved. But back to the point....don't discuss issues of race in the U.S. especially when it concerns a black female and sexuality. 

you contradict yourself. The reason why people overreacted was because she was Americas sweetheart, not because she is black. People respected janet, grew up with her, she was a family favourite.

Going by your theory, Is like saying that people turned against Britney because she is white. No they turned against her because she was once another American sweetheart but she went nuts and 'chaotic' lol. 

How can you say this is about race, after all the years of success janet has had in America. If it was about race, janet or Beyoncé or Rihanna or Whitney  or mariah never would even got a record deal. 

Edited by Freexone1
  • Downvote 1

White privilege is a thing. Just like male privilege is. If you are anything but a middle aged, white, protestant, heterosexual upper middle class to affluent male in the United States, you automatically have some form of "handicap" against you. A woman makes $0.70 cents to a male dollar. A hispanic or black female makes $0.63. If you're lgbt, you're looking over your shoulder about even keeping that job in some places. And, yes, low socio-economic status crosses all colors in the US. And there are people on Wall Street and who we have voted in Congress who keep people in a low-socioeconomic status and have all but eradicated the middle class, leaving almost a 90% working class and poverty class by convincing poor white people that all minorities are the reason they are poor. And convincing poor minorities that there is nothing more for than being poor or going to jail.

I'm gay and a succeess. I have not been stopped for it. In fact I've been encouraged. So your privilege theory is just nonsense. 

• Downvote 1

:lmao:  There they go!  There they go!  Thats the ultimate sign of White Privilege.  Thinking that we have 1 black President in the last 200 years we have been set free.  GTFOH. What type of bubble do you live in. White privilege does not mean you are racist.  It means you have certain advantages because of the color of your skin.  White Privilege is not knowing that you have it. It goes beyond poverty.   Privilege is not just dealing with rich or poor.  "If the jackson 5 can do it so can you" You have to be kidding me.  You really are embarrassing  yourself.   It shows you have no culture, no education, you hang around the same type of people, you have never travelled and you watch too much TV.   You obviously did not understand anything in my last post.  You probably have no clue what any of those things were.  Explain HBCU's to me?  Why do we have them?  Explain why we have the congressional black caucus.  Those aren't poor blacks and they work their asses off.  Explain why these things still exist?  

FYI, I have friends of many races, including blacks. They are all doing great things. 

Saying white people have advantages because of the colour of their skin? That's about as dumb as if I said there is  black privilege in athletics because blacks can run faster :lol:

• Downvote 1

you contradict yourself. The reason why people overreacted was because she was Americas sweetheart, not because she is black. People respected janet, grew up with her, she was a family favourite.

Going by your theory, Is like saying that people turned against Britney because she is white. No they turned against her because she was once another American sweetheart but she went nuts and 'chaotic' lol. 

How can you say this is about race, after all the years of success janet has had in America. If it was about race, janet or Beyoncé or Rihanna or Whitney  or mariah never would even got a record deal. 

Please stop. This subject is a lost cause for you.  You are in for a rude awakening.....not anytime soon but it will happen God willing.

I still think it is because of her new found religion and there are restrictions on what she can do and say.  I know she did the VIP thing in New Orleans but the ones after that her husband was right back there with her ala Rene following her around.  She also may be afraid of questions that may be asked of her.  I also think she is depressed.  Her team is a hot steaming mess but I am sure they know that considering what happen with Europe there needs to be some form of promo.  She has no one to light a fire under her ass at this moment.  The tour is in a few weeks and she is selling diamonds in an area where there are no tour dates. smh 

Ok, can we now go back to bitching about why we haven't seen the fucking video for Damn Baby yet?! They've had plenty of time to edit damn it! All this fucking time they're taking, they better be releasing two videos, for two different songs. This shit is beyond annoying!

I am ok with no video at this point.  If it is bad it could ruin her.  

• Upvote 1

I'm gay and a succeess. I have not been stopped for it. In fact I've been encouraged. So your privilege theory is just nonsense. 

I'm black and lgbt but went to private catholic school through high school, and am an attorney. It doesn't mean I'm blind to what's around me. And the Super Bowl thing wasn't just because Janet was black. She got the brunt of it over Justin because she was a black woman. The big blowout over the less than a second incident was a distraction from the pointless war. And a way to make "family value" a talking point for the election, much like Bill Clinton's affair was used to push for George W's initial election. Bill's affair and Janet's waldrobe malfunction were both examples of alleged liberal values ruining America.

Edited by DarkStormSC

How are the tickets for the US shows selling? im asking cuz I've been reading people on other forums saying that they are retuning the tickets after what happened in europe. 

I think that if the 2nd leg doesn't do as good as the first one that that might be her wake up call. That or she just throws the towel, says fuck it and goes back to hiding. 

How are the tickets for the US shows selling? im asking cuz I've been reading people on other forums saying that they are retuning the tickets after what happened in europe. 
I think that if the 2nd leg doesn't do as good as the first one that that might be her wake up call. That or she just throws the towel, says fuck it and goes back to hiding. 

my show in sc still has a couple floor seats and 1/2 to a 1/3. Of lower level left. Upper level isn't on sale. Atlanta which is a bigger venue is close to sold out. Atl was sold out before the reschedule. And sc had more sold than now before the reschedule.

she damn sure won't promote

No surprised at how talkative some of these fans are #rant #NoRebuttal

yea I mean come on folks.. For the first 8 pages, this thread was working just fine.. And then the race talk started up and really, does anyone actually think anything is going to get solved in here regarding racial issues...?

this thread was created to allow users to speak their minds without fear of being told they're wrong, or that their feelings don't matter, or that they're not a fan or yada yada blah blah blah...

its so easy to make a separate thread if you wanna discuss Janet's race in correlation to past/current events... That's not what "no rebuttals pls" means..

does anyone actually think anything is going to get solved in here 

their feelings don't matter

its so easy to make a separate thread if you wanna discuss Janet's race in correlation to past/current events... That's not what "no rebuttals pls" means..

To answer that question... No 

Agree

I( much like Janet, Justin) am over the Super Bowl. Nothing has changed. It was Janet's idea, executed poorly and without permission. 

• Upvote 1