The "VENTING" Thread!! (No rebuttals PLS!)

Dal

I wish this thread could be a place where fans could post both negative and positive thoughts without being attacked by other members or without being called fake fans. Just because some of us criticize things or vent here doesn't necessarily mean this is a "hate thread". I don't believe anyone of us hates.

The idea of this thread was to have a separate place for those who want to voice their criticism and where they can do it without being attacked on. This way nobody has to read comments that bother them and everyone can be happier. Healthy debate and voicing your opinion is great and necessary to keep the conversation going - after all this is a discussion board. I just hope it could happen nicely and without being rude to each other. Too much to ask? :wub:

giphy_zpscu0xcxff.gif

• Upvote 2

Wait a minute! I hear Madge's fans complaining that radio dosen't play her new music. 

cause radio isn't playing her new music

Hey gurlz! I'm a longtime member from Janet|Xone, so don't treat me like a newbie bitch pls

Anyway, a thread where we can vent without Xone dictatorship and Gameisha? Sign me up honeyz!

You know the Xone wouldn't dare allow a thread like this to exist. You cannot express yourself freely there 

• Upvote 1

well venting is exactly what i feel i need to 

HELLO JANET- I FUCKING LOVE YOU, AND YOUR MUSIC IS IMPORTANT TO ME

and right now i feel like i'm a fucking nobody to you - a fucking nobody who bought tickets to your shows- a fucking nobody who doesn't have much money so sorry can't afford your jewellery!?? hello?! janet? when did we become so invisible to you!? we're all here !!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The only thing I will say about the jewelry line is I don't understand why people are upset they can't afford it. I honestly don't get that, when Janet was endorsed by Jaguar I believe...the people who drove a Toyota didn't complain then...why is it a big deal that she as a specific product for a specific market? I don't understand that. 

Why should the fan base be able to afford every single endeavor she pursues? 

• Upvote 1

I believe a big part of the "bitterness" is due to her not adressing the EU cancellations properly while at the same time promoting diamonds in Dubai. I guess some don't like the feeling of being excluded or not being able to purchase a product their idol is promoting... I don't know. Maybe she should release an affordable jewelry line for the average income fans ;) JJ affordable diamonds 

my bitterness about the diamonds comes from the fact that the diamond trade is rife with child labour, abuse and inhumane working conditions. Yet there she is selling them. She herself of course hasn't done any of the work in diamond mines, she's just reaping the profit from the stones mined by people lower down the chain. It's pure capitalism, and, to me at least, seems completely at odds with any message presented on Rhythm nation.

• Upvote 1

I believe a big part of the "bitterness" is due to her not adressing the EU cancellations properly while at the same time promoting diamonds in Dubai. I guess some don't like the feeling of being excluded or not being able to purchase a product their idol is promoting... I don't know. Maybe she should release an affordable jewelry line for the average income fans ;) JJ affordable diamonds 

that dilutes the brand she's building, its exclusive for a reason, that's like asking Chanel to go outlet :filenails:

I'm not gonna lie. I wish I could grab me some unbreakable diamonds, even though I don't think there's a line or price point for southern US professionals. :lol: I guess she's trying to make her brand a status symbol. If it does well and she wants to expand the brand, I hope she later does a more accessible line. (i.e. Dolce & Gabbana -> D&G; Banana Republic v. Gap).

The only thing I will say about the jewelry line is I don't understand why people are upset they can't afford it. I honestly don't get that, when Janet was endorsed by Jaguar I believe...the people who drove a Toyota didn't complain then...why is it a big deal that she as a specific product for a specific market? I don't understand that. 

Why should the fan base be able to afford every single endeavor she pursues? 

Thank you! Half of their asses never even thought of buying diamonds even before Janet announced her venture and now they mad cause they can't afford them. Hell you couldn't afford them before Janet even had her own collection so what made you think you could afford them now that she has her own?-_-

well she's not gonna address it. When ever in history did a huge artist address a leg of their tour being cancelled publicly? You're not gonna be able to afford to buy everything someone else has. She performed in Dubai cause she was paid to do one show. It's not like it was a concert date of hers. I can't afford no diamonds from Janet's line and guess what? I don't care. It's stupid to rant about not being able to afford Janet's diamonds. If you can't afford them then go to a jewelry place where you can. Hello

my bitterness about the diamonds comes from the fact that the diamond trade is rife with child labour, abuse and inhumane working conditions. Yet there she is selling them. She herself of course hasn't done any of the work in diamond mines, she's just reaping the profit from the stones mined by people lower down the chain. It's pure capitalism, and, to me at least, seems completely at odds with any message presented on Rhythm nation.

That doesn't mean Janet is affiliated with it. Not all diamonds are gathered through child labor so you can't just group Janet with that just because she's into the diamond business.

• Upvote 1

Madonna transcends race. I'm tired of Janet fans attributing Madonna's success to her skin color. It's just fucking bullshit. It sells both women short. It sells everyone short. Michael Jackson is still the King of Pop even after molesting a whole bunch of little boys and turning into a plastic surgery freak. Stop this poor me I'm black shit. Janet just did not have the stones. Period. 

FGHGJDFGHJGFGHJ

girl, stop. 

:lmao: if that aint sum of the biggest bullshit Ive ever seen on this site :lmao:

Thats why even Janet herself said "if youre on the other side...u will NEVER understand"

PERIOD POINT BLANK THE END 

One of my favorite responses by her in an interview. Ots ridiculous how some can be so bold and so ignorant 

• Upvote 1

One of my favorite responses by her in an interview. Ots ridiculous how some can be so bold and so ignorant 

Isn't it quite baffling? What he said is no different than straight society saying "Oh, gay ppl aren't suffering. They're asking for the hate becus they chose to be gay!"

Or I could say "That young mother of six can go out and find a job like anybody else she's just using the excuse that she's single and stays in a poverty striken community to get assistance." 

I, in NO WAY can speak on what that issue is like because I am NOT a woman, who is SINGLE with 6 kids that lives in POVERTY. 

It is pure ignorance to speak on ones issues when you have never walked a mile in their shoes.  The audacity to challenge someone's struggles and "explain" away like there's some magic remedy is incredibly baffling to me 

eugh.. and the americans descend into their eternal conversation about race.

you guys do realise the rest of the modern world looks at you and thinks, ......... why can't you guys just play nice? skin colour is scarily important in the states.

• Downvote 1

eugh.. and the americans descend into their eternal conversation about race.

you guys do realise the rest of the modern world looks at you and thinks, ......... why can't you guys just play nice? skin colour is scarily important in the states.

Without having to give a history lesson, you do realize the states, although a Mecca of racial tragedy...many other people of color from ALL over the world suffer the same injustices. And when that racial divide was being created all those years ago it wasn't being done in one place. So don't be so quick to "ugh" about the situation & be dismissive. When you're on a message board supporting someone who has faced these issues herself. 

• Upvote 2

Isn't it quite baffling? What he said is no different than straight society saying "Oh, gay ppl aren't suffering. They're asking for the hate becus they chose to be gay!"

Or I could say "That young mother of six can go out and find a job like anybody else she's just using the excuse that she's single and stays in a poverty striken community to get assistance." 

I, in NO WAY can speak on what that issue is like because I am NOT a woman, who is SINGLE with 6 kids that lives in POVERTY. 

It is pure ignorance to speak on ones issues when you have never walked a mile in their shoes.  The audacity to challenge someone's struggles and "explain" away like there's some magic remedy is incredibly baffling to me 

I'm sure this might be an unpopular opinion but I HATE comparing race struggles with sexuality discrimination. Despite them both being social issues, the depth is just not equal nor is it parallel. Race and skin color & ALL the horrible tragedies that came with it is so deep. Skin color is something you can see immediately. Sexuality is not. 

There ARE people who are sexually fluid, and sexuality is not black & white. It has various components to it for many people. For people of color it just is what it is. So even though I have experienced both sides of those issues its always been major to me that those two can't be compared.  they're not remotely the same experience.  

Ladies back on Janet politics. 

You know something I always l loved about Janet was that she had this sweet girl next door persona and did so much for the fans. This I thought always made her the most likeable out her contemperaries and that's really hard to find especially with her success. I mean if she faked being that sweet girl all along she did a damn good job. She is no longer that person. There is a major disconnect. She is like in her own bubble now.  And all this quietness when she could be out there doing some damage/image control. I just don't get it.  She only cares about getting money. That's what matters to her and it's starting to show. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you! Half of their asses never even thought of buying diamonds even before Janet announced her venture and now they mad cause they can't afford them. Hell you couldn't afford them before Janet even had her own collection so what made you think you could afford them now that she has her own?-_-

well she's not gonna address it. When ever in history did a huge artist address a leg of their tour being cancelled publicly? You're not gonna be able to afford to buy everything someone else has. She performed in Dubai cause she was paid to do one show. It's not like it was a concert date of hers. I can't afford no diamonds from Janet's line and guess what? I don't care. It's stupid to rant about not being able to afford Janet's diamonds. If you can't afford them then go to a jewelry place where you can. Hello

But when has a huge artist ever cancelled a whole leg of a tour before though? Im actually wondering. Janet has prior form with cancellations and we've always heard the reasons...but not this time though its pretty obvious why it got cancelled anyway.

I completely agree regarding the diamonds though :lol: i wouldnt wanna buy diamonds just because they are from Janet or any celeb for that matter.

Edited by vibeology