New Picture

Utopia

I would say the root of Insh'Allah is a religious saying but not solely a Muslim one. It's LARGELY used by Muslims all over the world but it is also used by Arabic-speaking Christians/Jews. It might surprise some of you but there was a time where Muslims/Christians/Jews peacefully co-existed with each other.

It's basic meaning is "if God wills" but you don't have to be of religion to say it. No religion holds a monopoly over a word. Janet singing it in a song does not make her a Muslim. Unless she specifically calls herself a Muslim, or you see her praying like a Muslim, it's nothing but speculation. Just like her wearing that attire does not automatically make her a Muslim.

Edited by Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 7

I would say the root of Insh'Allah is a religious saying but not solely a Muslim one. It's LARGELY used by Muslims all over the world but it is also used by Arabic-speaking Christians/Jews. It might surprise some of you but there was a time where Muslims/Christians/Jews peacefully co-existed with each other.

It's basic meaning is "if God wills" but you don't have to be of religion to say it. No religion holds a monopoly over a word. Janet singing it in a song does not make her a Muslim. Unless she specifically calls herself a Muslim, or you see her praying like a Muslim, it's nothing but speculation. Just like her wearing that attire does not automatically make her a Muslim.

?EDU?CATE?THE?IDI?OTS?

Doesn't matter what educated and correct response you give idiots.. they're going to believe their own stupidity  

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 3

True, but you gotta admit religion is up there too. I just hate the fact that people see Janet fully covered and they immediately label it Muslim attire. If she is Muslim good for her. I don't see what the big deal is. America talks about other countries using propaganda to sway its people but they do the exact same thing. And the older I get the more and more I see it.

You're absolutely right!! America makes Muslims out to be negative for many reasons that I won't go into here but America is the world's bully pretending to be a savior. I'm so happy & proud of Janet finally fully submitting herself to a spiritual life & finding Islam as the thing that has set her spirit free. That's a beautiful thing. There's no hate nor negativity in that. 

If you are a real Janet fan you know Janet has ALWAYS loved God & pursued God in her life since childhood, knowing or unknowingly. As a matter of fact, whenever God has been brought up in any of her interviews she has always had a strong passion when she discussed it. She has always been faithful. This is just the next layer for her. I love it. It was obvious since the number 1s tour Janet was changing in this direction. I used to have convos about it with friends of mine long before it became outwardly shown. 

Lastly, with the exception of "radical Islam" or the crusades. Please name me 3 wars fought for religion alone. 

• Upvote 1

She dressed in a poncho-hoodie bc it's comfortable. She took a walk for two reasons:

1) walking increases the chance of giving birth (wives tale) 

2) publicity stunt

Janet didn't know people were going to make shit up. She wrote a song about those people called THE GREAT FOREVER 

But its creating conversations about impressions of what Islam/being a Muslim is. I agree that what she is wearing doesnt make her a Muslim...conversations like this may help break some ignorances.

Edited by vibeology
  • Upvote 1

This conversation interests me.

After 9/11, I took an interest in Islam to learn for myself what the religion was about. It felt like media and society were using the religion and it's followers as a scapegoat. The amount of stereotypes and generalizations that plague Islam and Muslims disgust me.

I wear a lot of ethnic traditional clothing from West Africa, North Africa, the Middle East, and the Indian subcontinent. I'm always getting looks and questions about my faith, religion, and background. Sometimes people genuinely want to know because they're fascinated by what I'm wearing, but many times they start to ask me questions about the culture, society, and religion of these areas and many of these questioned come from a place of ignorance.

I can't answer these questions and speak for groups of people. Muslims are of every race and background, just like Christianity. Every person practices their faith differently and each country has many ways of dealing with religion, so it baffles me when people make assumptions and emphasize how "different" each religion is, when they all have so much in common.

At the end of the day, Janet and Wissam are married. They're having a child. She is allowed to wear whatever she wants and say whatever she likes. We have to live and let live. Be happy for them! What faith they practice is irrelevant, it doesn't affect any of us.

She looks like such a cute ninja teletubby!

• Upvote 4

This conversation interests me.

After 9/11, I took an interest in Islam to learn for myself what the religion was about. It felt like media and society were using the religion and it's followers as a scapegoat. The amount of stereotypes and generalizations that plague Islam and Muslims disgust me.

I wear a lot of ethnic traditional clothing from West Africa, North Africa, the Middle East, and the Indian subcontinent. I'm always getting looks and questions about my faith, religion, and background. Sometimes people genuinely want to know because they're fascinated by what I'm wearing, but many times they start to ask me questions about the culture, society, and religion of these areas and many of these questioned come from a place of ignorance.

I can't answer these questions and speak for groups of people. Muslims are of every race and background, just like Christianity. Every person practices their faith differently and each country has many ways of dealing with religion, so it baffles me when people make assumptions and emphasize how "different" each religion is, when they all have so much in common.

At the end of the day, Janet and Wissam are married. They're having a child. She is allowed to wear whatever she wants and say whatever she likes. We have to live and let live. Be happy for them! What faith they practice is irrelevant, it doesn't affect any of us.

She looks like such a cute ninja teletubby!

Yea for many of us, we've accepted the fact that 9/11 was an inside job with the sole intent to usher in the "War on Terror" & new laws of hyper surveillance. The evidence has all pointed to propoganda & the scapegoat direction. The demonizing of these groups has so much more to do with capitalistic expansion, than it does radical Islam being a threat to "freedom". 

I always empower people to review, Operation Northwoods to get clarity on 9/11 & the state of the US today. It's not conspiracy it's public governmental documentation. It's sick the way things are played out in plain sight. 

Nonetheless, people get offended when others believe Janet is Muslim as if it's some negative opinion. She obviously can't think it's that bad if she married into it. She knows what she's doing. She knows how she is perceived. She plays into not for entertainment value. She resonates with it or she would have no connection to it period. 

• Upvote 4

But its creating conversations about impressions of what Islam/being a Muslim is. I agree that what she is wearing doesnt make her a Muslim...conversations like this may help break some ignorances.

That's being created due to American ignorance. She didn't create that conversation.. she married a Western Muslim billionaire

thqt outfit isn't even what muslims wear. It's  just high fashion  

I hope it does but it doesn't look like it. 

Edited by Game

Nonetheless, people get offended when others believe Janet is Muslim 

We don't care what she is... but when fans make up lies and the only source they have is "she married a Muslim so now she is IMO"

When you act as if your biased opinion means you're automatically right, there's an issue

FACT: Janet has NEVER said she was Muslim and until she says she is, she is what she said she was.... spiritual 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 3

We don't care what she is... but when fans make up lies and the only source they have is "she married a Muslim so now she is IMO"

When you act as if your biased opinion means you're automatically right, there's an issue

FACT: Janet has NEVER said she was Muslim and until she says she is, she is what she said she was.... spiritual 

Actually the last thing she classified herself as is Christian so shut up. Sitting around waiting on press releases, but doesn't remember in True You she called herself Christian, so I'm sure you'd argue that too. If you don't care what she is, like equally I don't care what she is - her being Muslim is not something you should work so tirelessly at disproving to even be potentially true. 

You wait for your press release. While I pick up on all the signs dropped & hinted from a very purposeful artist who is very aware of her actions, supposed "assumptions", & perspectives while she initiates more conversation by feeding into them. 

You much rather believe she'd appropriate a culture than be acclimated into it because she is it. She's Muslim and I love it. 

That doesn't mean Wissam is a strict Muslim or that he wanted a Muslim wife... not every Muslim is the same. They all don't follow strict guild lines and by the book, just like Christians don't. Y'all don't follow the Bible strictly... Why would a billionaire?

My point being, there are different levels to Religions. Some are devout while others are lax. Wissam grew up in a Western Society. I'm sure he is kind-hearted and not control. 

I'm really disturbed by the thought that some people think Janet is THAT devoted to one religion, that should would be that submissive.   She dropped the Jehova Witness religion like a bad habit..

She's spiritual until she says otherwise

wissam is clearly westernized and liberal. janet fans act like they dont know any muslims in real life, like seriously? are we gonna act like there are not extremists in every religion or many interpretations of every faith. janet converting to islam is not some big scandal, her faith is between her and god. according to her friends and people that work with her she's still a nice sweet person and so is wissam, whats the issue?

• Upvote 2

Actually the last thing she classified herself as is Christian so shut up. Sitting around waiting on press releases, but doesn't remember in True You she called herself Christian, so I'm sure you'd argue that too. If you don't care what she is, like equally I don't care what she is - her being Muslim is not something you should work so tirelessly at disproving to even be potentially true. 

You wait for your press release. While I pick up on all the signs dropped & hinted from a very purposeful artist who is very aware of her actions, supposed "assumptions", & perspectives while she initiates more conversation by feeding into them. 

You much rather believe she'd appropriate a culture than be acclimated into it because she is it. She's Muslim and I love it. 

I don't have to work tirelessly to disprove you and your ignorance. 

Janet isn't dropping hints at all. Wtf?! :lmao: Why would she? What would the purpose of that?! Please explain what hints she's dropping

Im not waiting for a press release about her religion but I'm not going to ignorantly assume it bc she's married a westernized Muslim billionaire like you. 

That's like if you married a gay Jew and me assuming you're not Jewish. Ignoance? NO

Edited by Game

wissam is clearly westernized and liberal. janet fans act like they dont know any muslims in real life, like seriously? are we gonna act like there are not extremists in every religion or many interpretations of every faith. janet converting to islam is not some big scandal, her faith is between her and god. according to her friends and people that work with her she's still a nice sweet person and so is wissam, whats the issue?

American ignorance at it's finest... Do people realize it's 2016 and a woman doesn't have to change her religion bc she got married (and vice versa)

No they're just going to "read the signs" she's throwing. Remember the sign she thrown that she married that rapper? She wore a yellow diamond on her left hand :lmao: yeah! lets continue "reading between the lines" instead of logically waiting until she said something 

I don't have to work tirelessly to disprove you and your ignorance. 

Janet isn't dropping hints at all. Wtf?! :lmao: Why would she? What would the purpose of that?! Please explain what hints she's dropping

Im not waiting for a press release about her religion but I'm not going to ignorantly assume it bc she's married a westernized Muslim billionaire like you. 

That's like if you married a gay Jew and me assuming you're not Jewish. Ignoance? NO

I think the only "hints" that people allude to is the fact she says Inshallah and that she has only been seen completely covered in public since being married to Wissam. I for one dont think that "proves" anything, but she is clearly very aware and respecful of her husbands faith.

• Upvote 2

I think the only "hints" that people allude to is the fact she says Inshallah and that she has only been seen completely covered in public since being married to Wissam. I for one dont think that "proves" anything, but she is clearly very aware and respecful of her husbands faith.

Inshallah is a common phrase between Christians, Jews, and other religions in that part of the world. It's a regional phrase. It's not a strict Muslim phrase

i wouldnt say common at all, that most people know of. It is ignorance but its somewhat understandable

Most people in the Eastern world know it, It's a common phrase. It has a many different meanings depending on the context (NYT Opinion Article below) 

Just because you didnt know it doesn't mean it's not common btw. You're one of 7 billion people. I didnt know what a Chic was and I learned that they were common....40 years ago.. I did research... I evolved my thinking.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/24/opinion/sunday/inshallah-is-good-for-everyone.html

Edited by Game

Ugh!!! I hate talking about religion. To me religion has done nothing but divide human beings. So many wars have been fought and lives loss because of it. I just really wonder if it's real. Or have we been taught something that really doesn't resist. If God is a loving God why create a world filled with hate.

This.  It is all trash.  God is loving.  Our creator is loving.  It is man literally man who is hateful and who created these divides amongst us.  All this ritual and pomp and circumstance that people in here are arguing about that we should respect is all across the board asinine.  Religious people are so concerned with that.  All we have to do is love and take care of each other.  Period.  Thats how you find peace.  Thats how we all find peace.  Not by going to confession or wearing certain clothes or eating certain things.   Out of all of the religions Islam is the most primitive one which is why it is hated the most.  

If you feel it's ignorance so be it. I call it inference. I also know Janet doesn't do shit for nothing. I know how she talked before and how she talks now. I know how she represented herself before when she was well versed & respectful of the Islamic faith her brother had been a part of for years (Jermaine). 

So all of a sudden, someone who had been knowledgeable is now screaming INSHA ALLAH at the end of her concerts - because it has always been so common to use, but more convenient to use now. Lmao ok. 

You ignoring the truth, the literal proof, only allows you to Trump-down on your conspiracy theory. :sigh: 

Janet has every right to learn a new language. 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

Yall are so pressed about Janets religion when this whole situation reads like a fairytale. Princess Janet asked the genie to get her a real life Aladdin, a number one album and a baby...now she decided to step outside wearing the magic carpet and you hoes cant deal. Chile bye. Come through Arabian Nights. 

That moment when you realize The Great Forever is really an updated version of A Whole New World...mind blown.

• Upvote 7