Janet is once again a RRHOF nominee for class 2017.

hotboy06

Has anyone been nominated twice in a row without getting in the second time? 

chic has been on the ballot for a decade. i dont want that to happen to janet, if they're not gonna induct her i would rather her not be nominated at all. god forbid they do her like they did donna summer, they kept nominating her but didnt induct her until she died.

I've been finding 2Pac so hot lately that I'm just pissed he's dead. Suge better watch out

LOL.  It pisses me off too. The both of them could have had a poetic justice reunion at the RRHOF if not for his fat ass.   I think Pac gets in because of his biopic the same way NWA got in.  The hype from the movie is the only reason they got in.  They did not write their music and only had 2 albums together the second which ice cube was not apart of.  I would like to see Janet perform and find a forward thinking creative director to put together a show that will silence those questioning why she is nominated.

• Upvote 1

JANET JACKSON

Madonna and brother Michael both got in with their first nomination, but it looks like Janet is gonna have to work for it a little. Recognized but not chosen last year, Janet Jackson is again up for induction this year, and it's basically a coin flip: No, she's not all that rock ("Black Cat" and the "Scream" video aside), but she is one of the ten greatest pop stars of the rock era, and the Hall has historically tended to make exceptions for such figures. No guarantee of when we can expect that to happen, though.

Odds: 2 to 1

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7542314/2017-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-nominees-odds-pearl-jam-tupac

:sigh:

I was actually a bit surprised she made the ballot again. I'm glad she got another nod though and hope she makes it this time. At a glance I think the acts are more varied than last year's lineup. I think Tupac will be inducted (as he should)

Apparently, she's deserving..and someone wants her in(outside of the true Janfam).  She'll get continue to get nominated and in return will blaze a trail for artists like Whitney and Mariah to join ha! I don't think a black woman has gotten in since Donna Summers..and the last woman to be inducted was Linda Ronstandt(who didn't attend). Ki!

• Upvote 1