Janet is once again a RRHOF nominee for class 2017.

hotboy06

Apparently, she's deserving..and someone wants her in(outside of the true Janfam).  She'll get continue to get nominated and in return will blaze a trail for artists like Whitney and Mariah to join ha! I don't think a black woman has gotten in since Donna Summers..and the last woman to be inducted was Linda Ronstandt(who didn't attend). Ki!

what!....see this is why I think after the nom our induct campaign has to get louder and shame the R&R Hall of Fame by showing them to be racist and sexist

Apparently, she's deserving..and someone wants her in(outside of the true Janfam).  She'll get continue to get nominated and in return will blaze a trail for artists like Whitney and Mariah to join ha! I don't think a black woman has gotten in since Donna Summers..and the last woman to be inducted was Linda Ronstandt(who didn't attend). Ki!

Good to see people finally seeing the light! The politics surrounding the whole ceremony is what irritates me. She was basically a buzz name for last year's ceremony and appearently her ability to perform at the ceremony was possibly a factor (probably just a rumor though). The InductJanet campaign actually spawned similar campaigns for Whitney and Mariah I think! 

? At the last woman inducted not attending. Let them know!

Linda not attending vs Janet not attending is not the same. This event is on TV now so being there means something. Janet is a bigger name so it is a bigger deal. 

Linda not attending vs Janet not attending is not the same. This event is on TV now so being there means something. Janet is a bigger name so it is a bigger deal. 

dude you betta preach, cause swear on my life, when she gets that induction I will check advance, borrow, steal and fucking beg my way to the ceremony :filenails:

When Linda got inducted it was on tv too. I watched it and her voice was truly remarkable. And Janet being the bigger name doesn't mean anything because she should have been inducted. 

• Upvote 1

When Linda got inducted it was on tv too. I watched it and her voice was truly remarkable. And Janet being the bigger name doesn't mean anything because she should have been inducted. 

she's the last of the Jackson family worthy of being inducted...the last moment of a dynasty to be recognized

• Upvote 1

Seriously? 

And no.

Yes seriously... and hell yes.. Janet'a Control album outsold each and every one of their nine disco albums... and has 203739x more influence on today's music than Chic could ever 

Game has a point, Chic isnt Legendary in any realm but Disco & Dance, Nile is the legend and really should be recognized apart from the group.

thank you... Nile isn't nominated tho. Chic is

I selfishly would want them to wait until Janet was ready to attend the induction ceremony AND perform.. I somehow can't picture Janet being ready/willing to attend (let alone perform) in 6 months time, so if she doesn't get in this time around, I'd prefer them to wait..

Although, last year was the PERFECT time for her to be inducted, and rightfully so (she should've been inducted first year like Mike and Madonna), she had a number one album, performance ready and focused... oh well..

• Upvote 1

Yes seriously... and hell yes.. Janet'a Control album outsold each and every one of their nine disco albums... and has 203739x more influence on today's music than Chic could ever 

Chic defined an entire genre. They were the group equivalent of Donna Summer. Not only were a successful group, but the song "Good Times" gave Rap/Hip-Hop it's first mainstream hit with "Rapper's Delight". On top of that, they're behind some of the 70s' biggest hits (We Are Family, Upside Down, He's The Greatest Dancer), songs that are still integrated in, and continue to influence, pop culture. There's a reason why Nile Rogers is a still sought after producers - see Daft Punk.

Brush up on your history boo.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Chic defined an entire genre. They were the group equivalent of Donna Summer. Not only were a successful group, but the song "Good Times" gave Rap/Hip-Hop it's first mainstream hit with "Rapper's Delight". On top of that, they're behind some of the 70s' biggest hits (We Are Family, Upside Down, He's The Greatest Dancer), songs that are still integrated in, and continue to influence, pop culture. There's a reason why Nile Rogers is a still sought after producers - see Daft Punk.

Brush up on your history boo.

Janet defined an entire generation or two... redefining pop/Dance music period... influencing the musicians of today,  yesterday, and the future. Her influence has spun so many successful careers including Beyonce, Usher, P!nk, Britney Spears, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, and many many more A-listers 

I never denied Nile Rogers... I'm talking about Chic as a whole. There's a difference. No one is seeking or checking for Chic.

Janet Jackson >> Chic 

• Upvote 1

Janet defined an entire generation or two... redefining pop/Dance music period... influencing the musicians of today,  yesterday, and the future. Her influence has spun so many successful careers including Beyonce, Usher, P!nk, Britney Spears, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, and many many more A-listers 

I never denied Nile Rogers... I'm talking about Chic as a whole. There's a difference. No one is seeking or checking for Chic.

Janet Jackson >> Chic 

Please stop taking pride in being wilfully ignorant. There's a reason why they've been on the ballot like 11 times, practically every year since their initial year of eligibility. While Janet was finally nominated once 8 years after her initial year of eligibility. 

• Upvote 1

Please stop taking pride in being wilfully ignorant. There's a reason why they've been on the ballot like 11 times, practically every year since their initial year of eligibility. While Janet was finally nominated once 8 years after her initial year of eligibility. 

✋?Please stop pretending Chic is a bigger act than Janet Damita Jo Jackson while constantly stanning for one of Janet's (now successfully famous) fan.

Bravo Austin!! You must be so proud of yourself.

Continue putting Janet down while attempting to push up this Disco band and enjoy your weird character you're doing. It's working out so nicely for you ??

Edited by Game

✋?Please stop pretending Chic is a bigger act than Janet Damita Jo Jackson while constantly stanning for one of Janet's (now successfully famous) fan.

Bravo Austin!! You must be so proud of yourself.

Continue putting Janet down while attempting to push up this Disco band and enjoy your weird character you're doing. It's working out so nicely for you ??

I'm not pretending to do anything. I'm simply educating you, because knowledge is power. 

• Upvote 3

OMG nooo I don't know who some disco band with 38 members from the 1970s!!!!!!!! Oh my! Why didn't I study Disco Irrelevants in colleg!!! Ugh!!!

I'm super embarrassed you guys!!! Ugh ?

You being a stan of a dance artist, yet having no clue of a band who are pioneers of the Disco genre, impacted Hip-hop and revolutionized dance music is what's embarrassing. Chic having such classic songs that are ingrained in popular culture and have been heavily sampled across multiple genres and you not knowing them is what's embarrassing. This being 2016, where you have a multitude of internet sources at your disposal to discover artists and STILL not knowing them is what's embarrassing. 

• Upvote 4