Janet is once again a RRHOF nominee for class 2017.

hotboy06

Chic defined an entire genre. They were the group equivalent of Donna Summer. Not only were a successful group, but the song "Good Times" gave Rap/Hip-Hop it's first mainstream hit with "Rapper's Delight". On top of that, they're behind some of the 70s' biggest hits (We Are Family, Upside Down, He's The Greatest Dancer), songs that are still integrated in, and continue to influence, pop culture. There's a reason why Nile Rogers is a still sought after producers - see Daft Punk.

Brush up on your history boo.

sold :filenails:  

• Upvote 2

Once again the troll crawls from under the bridge to aggressively divide logic. Obviously, anyone with sense can see it's not about Janet vs. Chic nor who is the bigger name because some who have made it in I don't know personally either. You're able to look at both acts as deserving & not be putting the other down. 

A band of musicians & a solo act. Both respectable. 

Nonethless, if Janet isn't going to attend...isn't going to perform, who cares if she's actually inducted? She has to want it. It's her career and accolade. 

• Upvote 5

Once again the troll crawls from under the bridge to aggressively divide logic. Obviously, anyone with sense can see it's not about Janet vs. Chic nor who is the bigger name because some who have made it in I don't know personally either. You're able to look at both acts as deserving & not be putting the other down. 

A band of musicians & a solo act. Both respectable. 

Nonethless, if Janet isn't going to attend...isn't going to perform, who cares if she's actually inducted? She has to want it. It's her career and accolade. 

More than one artist is inducted at a time. :rolleyes:

Janet Jackson is the MOST deserving out of everyone on that list.

• Upvote 3

You being a stan of a dance artist, yet having no clue of a band who are pioneers of the Disco genre, impacted Hip-hop and revolutionized dance music is what's embarrassing. Chic having such classic songs that are ingrained in popular culture and have been heavily sampled across multiple genres and you not knowing them is what's embarrassing. This being 2016, where you have a multitude of internet sources at your disposal to discover artists and STILL not knowing them is what's embarrassing. 

OMG!!!!! I don't know about sampled Songs from the 70s you guys!!! Ugh. I will like never ever win Jeopardy!!!! 

Right. I should know ever fad band from the 1900s. I'm super embarrassed y'all  

I googled them shortly after I asked btw. But I guess you missed that post. 

Edited by Game

When Linda got inducted it was on tv too. I watched it and her voice was truly remarkable. And Janet being the bigger name doesn't mean anything because she should have been inducted. 

in the words of the late David Ruffin "Ain't nobody comin to see you Otis".  Linda is Otis. People want to see Janet there and I'm sure it's the same with that committee. 

• Upvote 1

she's the most qualified nominee :rolleyes:

Don't argue with the troll... You're going to say "go right" and he's automatically going to say "you should have went left" 

Its the internet persona he's doing and his sheep are doing.. he's not original. Many people pretend to be someone they're not on the internet

Who gives af if someone didn't know who Chic was.. like really folks, ya'll gettin ya speedos caught in ya booty hole over nothing..

on Apple Music the top 10 played songs from Chic are actually the same 2 or 3 songs over and over from different compilation albums (albeit great songs)..

I ain't a fan of Norman much myself, but at least go in on him when it's justified and makes sense.. ? 

• Upvote 2

Don't argue with the troll... You're going to say "go right" and he's automatically going to say "you should have went left" 

Its the internet persona he's doing and his sheep are doing.. he's not original. Many people pretend to be someone they're not on the internet

why must you be the Dondald Trump of the board? :unsure:  where are your rich kids Douchebag Von FuckFace Trump and Thurston Shitbag

Edited by Bailey.

in the words of the late David Ruffin "Ain't nobody comin to see you Otis".  Linda is Otis. People want to see Janet there and I'm sure it's the same with that committee. 

Well duh.  :mellow:Of course she is.  But the committee will nominate her but won't induct her when she's "deserving" of the honor. 

My point was that women have a harder time getting in when we all know Janet should have been inducted last year.  She will sell tickets.  She will get the ratings.  It's a matter of the committee and their bullshit political practices that's preventing her induction.

2 out of the 5 spots are already taken: Pearl Jam and Tupac(first time nominees).  For some reason, she'll have to duke it out for the other three spots which is gonna be tough..seems like most publications have her going in this time, but the hard core rock enthusiasts want those old rock bands in there.

2 out of the 5 spots are already taken: Pearl Jam and Tupac(first time nominees).  For some reason, she'll have to duke it out for the other three spots which is gonna be tough..seems like most publications have her going in this time, but the hard core rock enthusiasts want those old rock bands in there.

They just inducted NWA last year. Don't expect too much liberalism too soon. 

OMG!!!!! I don't know about sampled Songs from the 70s you guys!!! Ugh. I will like never ever win Jeopardy!!!! 

Right. I should know ever fad band from the 1900s. I'm super embarrassed y'all  

I googled them shortly after I asked btw. But I guess you missed that post. 

Dispense with the sarcasm. Even for you, that's unbecoming. You do know that Janet is from the 1900's as well right? So I don't understand why you stated that. Chic still tours to this day, and consistently so; not everyone can do that. :rolleyes: 

Hardly a fad.

Chic's commercial success may have been short-lived, however that didn't stop them from creating classic songs still referenced today, revolutionizing a genre and being nominated for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 11 times. The fact that they were able to achieve all of that when their last top 10 Pop hit was in 1978, attests to how prolific they were.

And you shouldn't have had to Google them. As a fan of dance music, YOU SHOULD KNOW Chic. Or at the very least, have heard of them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

More than one artist is inducted at a time. :rolleyes:

Janet Jackson is the MOST deserving out of everyone on that list.

Yea I'm aware multiple artist are inducted. 

But nonetheless to say Janet is the most deserving kills everyone else's achievements that also are greatly deserving. Like the fact that Tupac has college courses taught about him. His impact on HipHop culture, activism, pop culture, & black culture also makes him deserving. It's HALL OF FAME in other words so many artist in this Hall. 

I want Janet to win, her career would be greatly rounded with that accolade but let's see how Janet handles it all. 

• Upvote 1

Every artist that has ever had a episode of Unsung about their careers, I dont go crazy over people not knowing. Fact is their hits are bigger than their name. So most of yall are making too much over nothing, im a old school junkie, a few of us are, Game has never really been about that. If he did & didn't know, this would all be warranted.

Anyway back on subject, whether or not she attends or performs or cares even, I want her to get it, its a honor regardless & a undeniable testimant to her broad impact & influence. Its already pretty evident by us fans of her impact but not many of the casuals know, and they should.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1