Sooo Janet was snubbed by the Grammys

janet.1814

Lemonade is amazing *-* and tells the story of my life on this past year LOL
Kanye's is great too... He's a scumbag guy but a kick ass artist!

Mr. Wonder is right.. I love Janet and I love Unbreakable, but the album is already aging on some musical aspects...
She lost her change last year, actually, don't think she was ever really interest on making it happen.

The thing is, the album was 'FOR US'. I don't think Janet will never release another album with a bunch of promo nor make history again.
She will keep doing only what she wants, when she wants and for her fans. Fuck the rest.

I notice this every time I attempt to listen to the album in my car. NS just doesn't sound as good as it did a year and a half ago. 

I find myself skipping more tracks than I did a year ago as well. BHH could have been left on the cutting room floor. Same with BIU. POY should have been on the album and not that interlude. 

• Upvote 3

I disagree, I think NS is a classic timeless Janet song, and radio play on AC reflects that. I for one appreciate the album, she gave to her fans, and to take it apart now over Grammys is silly and lacks respect for Janet

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

There was no snub. They finally put the album in the right categories, but the competition was stronger. She missed her chance last year. 

she sure did. IDK wtf she was thinking. How she gon nominate herself for 2017 year when she ain't even doing shit. People done forgot about her album. 

I notice this every time I attempt to listen to the album in my car. NS just doesn't sound as good as it did a year and a half ago. 

I find myself skipping more tracks than I did a year ago as well. BHH could have been left on the cutting room floor. Same with BIU. POY should have been on the album and not that interlude. 

I agree with the songs you named but POY is on the album version if yo hoe ass would've picked it up at Target. I need you to know this!

• Upvote 1

Comical. There were a lot of great albums released in Pop, R&B, Rap and Rock this year. 2016 is by far one of the best years for mainstream music in recent memory. Unbreakable didn't stand a chance.

let's not confuse popular current artists with actual quality music and production. If Janet didnt have a shot its because she's Janet, not because "Unbreakable" didnt deserve recognition. However, the point is mute, since Janet didnt make "Unbreakable" for awards

• Upvote 2

let's not confuse popular current artists with actual quality music and production. If Janet didnt have a shot its because she's Janet, not because "Unbreakable" didnt deserve recognition. However, the point is mute, since Janet didnt make "Unbreakable" for awards

Popular, current artists did release quality music this year. And the acclaim attests to this. Unbreakable came out the first day of eligibility for the 2017 Grammys. That alone gave her less chances of a nomination given the amount of albums that came after it. You all still don't get how the Grammys work. It's about more than quality. Unbreakable came and went. That's just fact. She did nothing to push this album nor did she try to keep the album in the public's consciousness. When I think of THE ALBUMS of 2015 and 2016, I don't think Unbreakable. Unbreakable is not the most acclaimed, popular or successful album of the year. What makes you all think it deserves noms given all of this? Album of the Year was never gonna happen because Janet never got that nom, except once 30 years ago. But she could've secured noms in other categories had she kept the album afloat instead of letting it die like she did. The Grammys and the industry are not to blame for Janet's seemingly careless attitude toward her career and legacy. And if Janet didn't care about awards she wouldn't have submitted the album for consideration, so please spare me that narrative just to soothe the hurt.

• Upvote 3

Grammy's are about the money/campaign, she didn't campaign, this is expected. Her not getting the R&RHOF induction would be more disappointing. Cause when you do your homework the Grammy's have never been here for her, and the feelings been mutual, she's performed once and has actually shown up during her wins never, so yea no biggie for me. When I learned RN just got 1 for best video & janet. just got 2, I knew what was up with the Grammy's for her.

So it didn't get nominated now the album isn't that good lol.

ch. you know how this fanbase goes, they love something till it's not a hit then they trash it lol.

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 3

ch. you know how this fanbase goes, they love something till it's not a hit then they trash it lol.

But you can't tell them that this wasn't a low profile release. It shows they don't really care about the quality of the album. They can't enjoy Janet if they can't necessarily go on a stanfest about her.

• Upvote 1

Grammy's are about the money/campaign, she didn't campaign, this is expected. Her not getting the R&RHOF induction would be more disappointing. Cause when you do your homework the Grammy's have never been here for her, and the feelings been mutual, she's performed once and has actually shown up during her wins never, so yea no biggie for me. When I learned RN just got 1 for best video & janet. just got 2, I knew what was up with the Grammy's for her.

so right Jarrylf, if they did the research they would know Janet's had very little recognition from NARAS, and when she has most of her awards are for videos! Not so much the music. BUT they do Mariah the same way so its very political.

ANYWAY, I just wanna thank Janet, Jimmy and Terry for a great album and giving us another album to listen to its been a very long road being a Janet fan, and those die hards of us stay here because we truly love Janet...at this point let them other new chicks in the game get theirs, Janet got plenty of recognition for her work in many areas over the years, most artists today would die to have the career Janet Jackson has had.

• Upvote 2

Madonna promoted her album on the Grammys like 2 years ago.... and her not being nominated for RH is a slap in the face to her too 

Glad she promoted her shit music on a shit show two years ago... is that when she fell off the stairs or nah? 

Idk what RH is but whatever it is I'm sure it's shit

Edited by Game