What TV Shows Are You Into Now?

Bailey

59 minutes ago, kidfresh832 said:

Whew just finished Handmaids tale.  The last episode was pretty good.  But, they literally cannot have more than 1 more season.  To go any longer they have to dramatically broaden the scope of the show.  Invasion of Gilead by the rest of the world or something.  Its the only way they can possibly scrape more than 1 more season without being redundant.

The acting is great, the direction, cinematography etc.  But they are pushing it with straining believability with lucky escapes and huge coincidences for storytelling.

I'm ready for Mindhunter season 2 and Elite Season 2

giphy.gif

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the Handmaid’s Tale. This season dragged until the last few episodes and unless they start closing up storylines they will have nowhere else to go. I think one more season is it as it’s starting to feel redundant. 

OITNB season 7 - a little disappointing I thought, don’t know about you guys?

GLOW season 3 - good but annoying that the writers seemed to ‘forget’ a couple of storylines from early in the season.

Stranger Things season 3 - I’m up to episode 6, it’s pretty good but not as good as previous seasons.

On 8/17/2019 at 4:15 PM, kidfresh832 said:

Whew just finished Handmaids tale.  The last episode was pretty good.  But, they literally cannot have more than 1 more season.  To go any longer they have to dramatically broaden the scope of the show.  Invasion of Gilead by the rest of the world or something.  Its the only way they can possibly scrape more than 1 more season without being redundant.

The acting is great, the direction, cinematography etc.  But they are pushing it with straining believability with lucky escapes and huge coincidences for storytelling.

I'm ready for Mindhunter season 2 and Elite Season 2

giphy.gif

I really liked Mindhunter but I dont think I'm paying for Netflix again....and I read the show producers said some really dumb stuff about Handmaids Tale, they want to bleed it into the ground :sigh:  okay lose viewers if you want to :filenails:  I'm not sticking around for June and her shennagens  I'm with Aunt Lydia after the stunts June has pulled she should be on the wall, for finding a random bestie in every situation to help her out, she should be on the wall -_-

12 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

I'm halfway thru "Dear White People" Season 3 and it's not good like the past two seasons.  There isn't an episode that is memorable.  I'm glad they are exploring Lionel's sexuality..and a new set of supporting characters are a kiiiii...

I'm watching Pose thanks to you :P so sad that boy's parents did him like that....I've only gotten thru 2 episodes but for showcasing Black drag culture alone its a winner :good:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

I'm watching Pose thanks to you :P so sad that boy's parents did him like that....I've only gotten thru 2 episodes but for showcasing Black drag culture alone its a winner :good:

Continue watching it..the first season is really good...second season as well.  Great characters and storylines.  The acting for most have improved from season 1.

22 hours ago, Selz said:

Any of y’all watch Mindhunter?

LOVE it.....it's been off the air for awhile since the first season, and I guess they intend to break from the way things were last season. My fascination lies in the science, they are showing us the beginnings of how the FBI learned to build profiles and predict who is nutty as squirrel shit based on what we know and those profiles are still pretty accurate. Most serial killers tend to kill within their own race, not always but most.

Soooooo the Handmaid's tale just finsihed it all up....good season finale, now I can start the petition to end this show, they've done enough now wrap it up :filenails:

On 8/20/2019 at 12:11 AM, Selz said:

Any of y’all watch Mindhunter?

Its really good.  I like Anna Torv and Jonathan Groff.  The acting is great.  They do such a good job with the serial killer interviews.  I was watching side by side of the acting vs the actual killer interviews from news footage.

It's creepy how close they are even makeup etc.  Some of the black serial killers I hadn't even known about really

• 8 months later...

"Ozark" I do believe is low key, or maybe not so low-key, racist and specifically panders to people that voted for that orange dude :umm: I heard plenty of things about this show being good, but I did not take into account who is saying it's good.  The show is racist :filenails: 

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 11:37 AM, Bailey said:

"Ozark" I do believe is low key, or maybe not so low-key, racist and specifically panders to people that voted for that orange dude :umm: I heard plenty of things about this show being good, but I did not take into account who is saying it's good.  The show is racist :filenails: 

Damn, my co-worker said it was GOOD.  He didn't add any political or racist comments about the show.

22 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

Damn, my co-worker said it was GOOD.  He didn't add any political or racist comments about the show.

Ozark got better, it was leaning towards some redneck bullshit, but they got better, and the show is really good too so, I watched all of it. I needed a Black character or even a Mexican on the show that was more than "furniture" in a room of white folks :umm:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Ozark got better, it was leaning towards some redneck bullshit, but they got better, and the show is really good too so, I watched all of it. I needed a Black character or even a Mexican on the show that was more than "furniture" in a room of white folks :umm:

oh ok.  I talked to my co-worker and he said it is like that, but it's not surprising for the area they are in. :lol:

18 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

oh ok.  I talked to my co-worker and he said it is like that, but it's not surprising for the area they are in. :lol:

I did some research and Ozark (yes it exists) is a known hub for White Supremacists, the area is accurately portrayed  :coffee:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Selz said:

I'm rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Prime.  I haven't seen it for over 10 years - it still makes me cry.  The storylines in the earlier series were brilliant.

ohhhh I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it was sooooo long ago, let me tell you how old my ass is :rolleyes: I knew of Sarah Michelle Gellar on an TV teen soap opera back in the early 90s and she was cute :lol: I also loved watching  Angel which was a worthy expansion of that "universe" I dont know of other shows now that aren't grounded in a non-magical world that I watch :unsure: 

On 7/20/2020 at 2:53 AM, Bailey said:

ohhhh I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it was sooooo long ago, let me tell you how old my ass is :rolleyes: I knew of Sarah Michelle Gellar on an TV teen soap opera back in the early 90s and she was cute :lol: I also loved watching  Angel which was a worthy expansion of that "universe" I dont know of other shows now that aren't grounded in a non-magical world that I watch :unsure: 

SMG was my girl crush :lol: or possibly Buffy was? :unsure:

I've also finished watching RuPaul's Drag Race season 12 (terrible finale - why didn't he wait to film it properly? Always chasing the skrilla :rolleyes: All Stars 5 was good :) 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...