What TV Shows Are You Into Now?

Bailey

4 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

Along with the trailer Joe posted.  It is sort of a dystopian future where fertility around the world is seriously declining.  There's a hostile takeover in the US.  Fertile women are forced to serve these masters of the new regime, called handmaids.  Their only purpose is to have babies for the top families.  You basically let them rape you impregnate you they take the baby as their gift.  

These people used to be doctors, writers, whatever normal Americans.  But in this new society Men are the leaders.  Women support them raise the children, keep the households.  Some resist and get sent to the nuclear wastelands where its radioactive and eventually die.

Really good acting and writing.  It kind of shows what would happen if nutcase religious fanatics actually did take over.  

PessimisticSadGoldfinch-max-1mb.gif

On 9/18/2017 at 8:03 AM, hotboy06 said:

So now I'll have to watch "The Handsmaid Tale" and "Big Little Lies".

"Sinner" with Jessica Biel is good too.  I have to finish catching up on it.

"Big Little Lies" .....YASSSS!   I liked that shit :coffee:   where season 2?  where she at? :unsure:

4 hours ago, John.... said:

that's cute the old show? :unsure: Scott Wolf was a cutie :wub:

Yeah the old one. I was interested in other things Neve Campbell had done and came across this one. Never seen it before but recognised all of them. It’s pretty good so far! And yes he is! 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 8:12 PM, kidfresh832 said:

Along with the trailer Joe posted.  It is sort of a dystopian future where fertility around the world is seriously declining.  There's a hostile takeover in the US.  Fertile women are forced to serve these masters of the new regime, called handmaids.  Their only purpose is to have babies for the top families.  You basically let them rape you impregnate you they take the baby as their gift.  

These people used to be doctors, writers, whatever normal Americans.  But in this new society Men are the leaders.  Women support them raise the children, keep the households.  Some resist and get sent to the nuclear wastelands where its radioactive and eventually die.

Really good acting and writing.  It kind of shows what would happen if nutcase religious fanatics actually did take over.  

I'm concerned about fiction following reality, and what I mean by that is the idea that so many shows now focus on a dystopian reality of the future......are we headed for calamity inevitably? :unsure:   are we just afraid of change? :unsure:  there is a huge amount of attention focused on such "dystopian" realities

On 5/30/2018 at 11:23 AM, kidfresh832 said:

Handsmaid tale season 2 is ruul good just watched episode 7

See the source image

I'm binging season 1 .....insanely good, it is so well written and the ideas they come up with are just so out there, I have had many moments where I was like who could imagine this and write it :unsure:

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2018 at 11:23 AM, kidfresh832 said:

Handsmaid tale season 2 is ruul good just watched episode 7

I have not gone the spoiler route because this is soooo good, BUT I need to know that June beats the shit outta Mrs. Waterford cause she aint shit.....please tell me June gets her ass at some point :unsure:

6 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

The last episode had me tearing up.  S2 is intense.  June be going through it!  

I was waiting for the whole gig to end with the plane, like chile it aint happening :filenails: and it didnt :sigh:  Im like up we know where you headed now

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised at how much Serena's character added more dimensions this season instead of being just one dimensional like last season she was the bitch to hate. Now I don't think Aunt Lydia is dead, and I don't know if I agree with the beating she got, but considering she was partly responsible for Emily's circumsion I think Emily beat the right chick for her

1 hour ago, John.... said:

I was surprised at how much Serena's character added more dimensions this season instead of being just one dimensional like last season she was the bitch to hate. Now I don't think Aunt Lydia is dead, and I don't know if I agree with the beating she got, but considering she was partly responsible for Emily's circumsion I think Emily beat the right chick for her

Chile Aunt Lydia deserved every bit of that asswhooopin.  She chained those girls up, had them raped, maimed.  Took eyeballs, fingers, tounges. 

Serena is not fixta trick me into feeling sorry for her.  That triflin bitch saw what her low sperm count husband was doing long before June had to set her ass straight.  She allowed him to get that far gone.  She reminds me of Melania she's super complicit in the situation but then you want some sympathy?  Im supposed to feel bad you lost a finger after you allowed June to be raped and used like a broodmare?

Threatened her daughter to keep her "in line" and only allowed her back in the house to keep the breastmilk close?  Nah

Next season though what in the world.  Clearly a lot more bitches in Gilead are not happy than we thought.  The wives may be deterred a little by what happened to Serena....but the Marthas were ready to run that underground railroad child.  They know this shit is going off the rails

• Upvote 1

I kinda want to be able to get to a resolution, so that they dont carry this out forever, but according to the show's producers they intend to keep it going for a long time

they have so much to explain away, like Nick and the gun with the commander, and the baby is gone, and how did Emily get away.... where is June going to go now? I get it. June is not leaving without her daughter. BUT if you think about sympathy June did tell Emily to call the baby "Nicole" the name Serena gave her.

12 minutes ago, John.... said:

Okay Kidfresh I read some reviews from women watching that show and they are not happy about that ending, they said its all so the show can continue milking this...I said June would not leave without her daughter Hanna

Yeah I read a few reviews too the Times review made that point also.

The dilemma they will have now story wise is focusing on June now after all this.  I mean really the ho had 3 opportunities to escape now.  I get the need to want to save Hannah.  But, there's ALOT that crossed lines that finale.

What in the world excuses can she have when she goes back?  All those Martha's that took risks to get her out with the baby and she rolls back in there?  Id be livid.  I mean yeah we can assume the baby gets out maybe but damn.

Maybe they can continue the redemption of Serena and she can back June up I guess.  But, what about baby daddy?  He was literally holding the commander hostage clearly helping the escape.  He got to run don't he?

Commander has gotten increasingly crazy too, that explosion must have fried his brain.  That scene in the kitchen with June where he was saying he still want to try again if she behave.  I mean it was just MENACING and the tension you could read it all over her face like she could barely contain that "go fuck yourself".

This shit deserves Emmy's the acting is just crazy good.  The lip trembles, the emotions you see just looking at their faces.