"JUSTICE LEAGUE" trailer.... woooow!!

Dal

I confused superman with memory loss would of been a better villain actually. They made him recover too quickly.

I think in the original cut of the film, before rewrites and reshoots occurred, Superman was going to be “evil” for much longer than he ended up being in the final film.. if you remember back to BvS when Bruce Wayne had his “knightmare” about the dystopian future with evil Superman ruling everything with the parademons and the human soldiers with the Superman symbol on their arms, I think that was going to come to fruition in the original JL movie.. with the Flash having told Bruce Wayne (from the future) when he woke up that he was “always right about him” and that “Lois Lane is the key” was going to play a larger factor into how JL was actually going to be... but then we got what we got and that’s why I’m hoping for an extended version once it hits Blu-ray 

I think in the original cut of the film, before rewrites and reshoots occurred, Superman was going to be “evil” for much longer than he ended up being in the final film.. if you remember back to BvS when Bruce Wayne had his “knightmare” about the dystopian future with evil Superman ruling everything with the parademons and the human soldiers with the Superman symbol on their arms, I think that was going to come to fruition in the original JL movie.. with the Flash having told Bruce Wayne (from the future) when he woke up that he was “always right about him” and that “Lois Lane is the key” was going to play a larger factor into how JL was actually going to be... but then we got what we got and that’s why I’m hoping for an extended version once it hits Blu-ray 

It's a shame that the good ideas always have to get scrapped! That would of been a much better film! lol

I remember something similar was going to happen in Blade Trinity. It was set in the future with the humans already enslaved. Instead we got Dracula :mellow:

• Upvote 1

It's a shame that the good ideas always have to get scrapped! That would of been a much better film! lol

yea I’m hoping for an extended cut when it comes out on Blu-ray.. they did that with BvS and Suicide Squad already, and WW also had an extra scene on the Blu-ray (it was basically a post-credits scene).. 

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got to watch it just now and its a C at Best.

There was not enough Superman AT ALL.  I mean he was resurrected early enough that there should have been a lot more of him.  But they had to spend entirely too much time "introducing us" to Cyborg, Aquaman and Flash.  

Aquaman - Yeah he hot but there was too much "dude bro" shit for me in his characterization.  I liked Mera in her one scene wanted to see more.

Flash -  Barry I knew from the trailers I probably wouldn't like this characterization of him either.  He's much smarter and more well rounded than he's portrayed here I just didn't like it.

Even Batman is portrayed as old grizzled been at this for 20 years.  I mean where's the rest of the Bat family if he's been at it this long Dick should be Nightwing by now and he should be on Tim Drake as Robin or even Damian by now.  No mention of them when you need all this help is just weird

It all looked hashed together and poorly executed for something this expensive.  I don't honestly see how anyone could give this anything but an average grade.  It wasn't as bad as Suicide Squad and Batman vs Superman but those are low bars.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

There was not enough Superman AT ALL.  I mean he was resurrected early enough that there should have been a lot more of him.  But they had to spend entirely too much time "introducing us" to Cyborg, Aquaman and Flash.  

Aquaman - Yeah he hot but there was too much "dude bro" shit for me in his characterization.  I liked Mera in her one scene wanted to see more.

Flash -  Barry I knew from the trailers I probably wouldn't like this characterization of him either.  He's much smarter and more well rounded than he's portrayed here I just didn't like it.

Even Batman is portrayed as old grizzled been at this for 20 years.  I mean where's the rest of the Bat family if he's been at it this long Dick should be Nightwing by now and he should be on Tim Drake as Robin or even Damian by now.  No mention of them when you need all this help is just weird

It all looked hashed together and poorly executed for something this expensive.  I don't honestly see how anyone could give this anything but an average grade.  It wasn't as bad as Suicide Squad and Batman vs Superman but those are low bars.

where did you see Justice League? :unsure:

9 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

This movie is  a flop. Not even gonna make it to $250 million in the U.S. and that's just sad. DC will always fail compared to Marvel

I think they and the rest of us knew they were up against the odds, WW really helped DC this year in ways unbelievable, I think the solution for DC is to stop trying to compete with Marvel's formula and to make one of their own similar to WW and how it stood out, because you could not have told me a stand alone WW movie would have done so well. They rushed JL and then tried to chop, copy and paste new shit in after like no....not working....Haven't seen it yet but I can probably guess what to expect

23 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

If you saw BvS then you’d remember that Robin was killed by the joker, so he’s not around to help.. we don’t know if it was the Dick greyson robin or Tim Drake or Jason Todd or Damien but Robin is out of the picture according to BvS canon.. and yea I enjoyed JL quite a bit, but there are too many noticeable flaws that should’ve been buttoned up better by WB.. but WB seems hell bent on stepping on their director’s toes.. they reshot half the movie and took a ton of footage out completely that it’s no longer the same film that Zack Snyder was trying to make it be.. I’m looking forward to an extended version once it’s released on Blu-ray, because the director’s cut of BvS made it a waaay better/more watchable movie compared to the theatrical version

7 minutes ago, Dal said:

If you saw BvS then you’d remember that Robin was killed by the joker, so he’s not around to help.. we don’t know if it was the Dick greyson robin or Tim Drake or Jason Todd or Damien but Robin is out of the picture according to BvS canon.. and yea I enjoyed JL quite a bit, but there are too many noticeable flaws that should’ve been buttoned up better by WB.. but WB seems hell bent on stepping on their director’s toes.. they reshot half the movie and took a ton of footage out completely that it’s no longer the same film that Zack Snyder was trying to make it be.. I’m looking forward to an extended version once it’s released on Blu-ray, because the director’s cut of BvS made it a waaay better/more watchable movie compared to the theatrical version

I know Robin was killed by the Joker.  That's straight from the comics.  Alfred clearly says he's been at this for 20 years in JL and they even make the joke about Penguin like he's gone for good.  That's a writing and production issue imo.  Why would you want to limit yourself like that at the start of the joint franchise?  Batman has the best villains in all of Super hero continuity and you already threw away some of the best storylines.  Same as not mentioning where Dick is or any of the other Bat Family when you are desperate for help.

That's separate from the ACTUAL JL movie though.  But it is indicative of terrible decision making that plagues the entire WB movie franchise.  The writers and producers KEEP making awful decisions with their characters like they don't know what to do with them.  Here's a hint they have survived DECADES in print, TV shows, animated movies.  They don't have to abandon all that, its stupid.  Write what works, make the actors focus on that and they will be fine.  If your foundation going into these movies is so shaky and fucked up starting with terrible writing its only going to get messier.  When you add in multiple directors and tens of millions in reshoots and new directions of the story.

Over and over again its the same thing.  They did it with Superman returns then in MOS, they aren't confident so they do the terrible BVS instead of MOS 2.

Wonder Woman worked because they had a good foundation and a good director that made it work.  She didn't make Diana dark and brooding because that's "cool" she was a powerhouse strong woman who could easily be seen as one of the Trinity.

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
19 minutes ago, Lenzo88 said:

Dear God!!! Jason Mamoa.....CHILE!!! ??❤️❤️❤️❤️???

Lisa Bonet is the luckiest woman in the world!!! ?

He really is foine. -_- 

This movie looks really cool... I feel like this is going to be a hit for them. I honestly feel they should hold off Batman and Superman and focus on these heroes like Wonder Woman who haven't been on screen before. 

• Upvote 1

As someone who loves the horror genre and James Wan...I was elated when I heard the news that he would direct Aquaman, I thought that he could bring a new element to the DC Universe...I must say judging by that trailer I was wrong and more importantly I'm unimpressed.

Looks generic and typical. 

I think Aquaman looks like it could be a lot of fun ...although I hate that they just unleashed 5 minutes of the movie.. they really better be a shit ton else left to see and experience because they killed BvS a lot because of spoiling too much of the movie before release 

5 hours ago, Dal said:

I think Aquaman looks like it could be a lot of fun ...although I hate that they just unleashed 5 minutes of the movie.. they really better be a shit ton else left to see and experience because they killed BvS a lot because of spoiling too much of the movie before release 

I think they felt they HAD to.  They have a lot to prove a lot of disappointments and failures and negative press and reviews.  This and WW2 already in production MUST turn things around.  So its probably worth it for a huge spoilery trailer to hopefully convince people to come watch.

• 1 month later...