OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

I get that but you are setting yourself up to be disappointed. I get that her fans want her to succeed but at the end of the day Janet is gonna do things her way. I just wish (*claps 3 times*) that her fans would do away with wishful thinking and the shoulda wouldas because there is nothing strange about her not promoting at this point.

They set themselves up for disappointment each and every time :sigh: 

• Upvote 1

its still early August btw. There’s time to do shit

your post seems to indicate that you hope/believe there will be some type of outside promotion for SOTW... I agree.. this time around, there needs to do something... she doesn't have the excitement of a new single or fresh new #1 album to fall back on, and the foundation of this tour is based on her failing to complete her last tour (no matter how amazing the reasons were).. so yes, she needs to get her ass on Ellen (at least) and show pics of the baby and get all those white women excited for her tour so she can turn a profit for LiveNation and herself, so that this whole tour situation just might occur again sometime in the future..

• Upvote 1

I do feel like I've been getting ahead of myself.

All I can do as a fan is purchase a ticket and enjoy the show, as well as having a positive mindset. 

I can't make Janet or her team or Live Nation promote more, that's their decision and it's out of my control.

So far, the shows are still going on as scheduled, rehearsals are underway, and ticket sales are just OK. 

Things are going to be just fine. Of course, there's a lot of wishful thinking on my part, but I need to focus more on my excitement and less on ticket sales. Anyone who hasn't already gotten a ticket to her show is missing out. She will deliver!

• Upvote 1

your post seems to indicate that you hope/believe there will be some type of outside promotion for SOTW... I agree.. this time around, there needs to do something... she doesn't have the excitement of a new single or fresh new #1 album to fall back on, and the foundation of this tour is based on her failing to complete her last tour (no matter how amazing the reasons were).. so yes, she needs to get her ass on Ellen (at least) and show pics of the baby and get all those white women excited for her tour so she can turn a profit for LiveNation and herself, so that this whole tour situation just might occur again sometime in the future..

No... I have better things to worry about than Janet/LN promo tour 

The reason why she canned the tour matters... don’t be sexist 

Edited by State of the Game

The only reasonable promotion that I can imagine Janet doing is Entertainment Tonight...that's what she is comfortable doing and they always have her best interest. A week of promotion with them would be cute, maybe discuss different aspects of the tour, hair, wardrobe etc....but that's wishful thinking on my part.-_- 

The only reasonable promotion that I can imagine Janet doing is Entertainment Tonight...that's what she is comfortable doing and they always have her best interest. A week of promotion with them would be cute, maybe discuss different aspects of the tour, hair, wardrobe etc....but that's wishful thinking on my part.-_- 

so you're saying at some point promotion should be a part of this or no? :coffee:

so you're saying at some point promotion should be a part of this or no? :coffee:

Im saying I don't care one way or the other. :unsure: I've come to the realization that not only is Ms. Jackson Unbreakable, but she is Unpredictable as well. Hell I NEVAH thought that Janet would have a child... fertilized egg on my face.

• Upvote 2

Im saying I don't care one way or the other. :unsure: I've come to the realization that not only is Ms. Jackson Unbreakable, but she is Unpredictable as well. Hell I NEVAH thought that Janet would have a child... fertilized egg on my face.

she surprised the hell outta us having a child and carrying it herself too.....gurl go :good:

Lmao Oh I'm not. Just thought it would be a good idea. 

Janet at the VMA's in 2017? ...no tea no shade, but that is a terrible idea, if she were presenting Missy her well earned Vanguard Award, sure, give the VMAs something to look forward to otherwise who gives a shit?  They dont matter anymore :coffee:

Janet at the VMA's in 2017? ...no tea no shade, but that is a terrible idea, if she were presenting Missy her well earned Vanguard Award, sure, give the VMAs something to look forward to otherwise who gives a shit?  They dont matter anymore :coffee:

lmao How would it be a bad idea or shade if she was to just perform at the VMAs? They have Katy Perry hosting and performing 4 times. Janet would be talked about the most

lmao How would it be a bad idea or shade if she was to just perform at the VMAs? They have Katy Perry hosting and performing 4 times. Janet would be talked about the most

Janet Jackson is bigger than a watered down wanna be Nickelodean shit show....the red carpet aint even worthy of her .....NEXT :filenails:

Janet Jackson is bigger than a watered down wanna be Nickelodean shit show....the red carpet aint even worthy of her .....NEXT :filenails:

I mean they may not be worthy. But at the end of the day it's more exposure and MTV VMAS >>>> bet awards

Two things. 

1. Promo is promo. Beggars can't be choosers. And contrary to what you want to believe the VMAs are still a relevant platform, so this whole "Greater than thou" mess you are trying to give make you look delusional and out of touch. Just a tip.

2. The BET Awards have had better ratings than the VMAs for a few years now. Time to decolonize your mind! White is not always right!

Can't wait for the tour!

• Upvote 2

exactly....shit has changed clearly....I just feel bad for fans not in the states

No you don’t. Let’s cut that shit real quick 

This fake empathy like you honestly care about fans you don’t know is horse shit. It’s a precursor for you to defend these “voiceless” fans while tear Janet down if the Tour doesn’t reach em 

• Downvote 1

Two things. 

2. The BET Awards have had better ratings than the VMAs for a few years now.

Can't wait for the tour!

One thing

That is not true.

VMA had 9.8M viewers in 2015 vs. 6.5M for BET in 2015

http://deadline.com/2016/08/vma-tv-ratings-continue-to-drop-as-mtv-turns-attention-to-franchises-social-successes-1201810350/

Edited by State of the Game
  • Downvote 1