OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

I think that is what is going to happen for the first show.  It will be postponed and they will say it is because of Harvey.  Which is not ok because people are dying and to use that because your shit is not together would be wrong

Yes pics of a half full arena with curtains blocking off the empty club seating will really get people to come out to the next show.  Her base is not young so depending on social media alone to get the word out will not work.  She should have been at the VMA's or done a pop up show somewhere to remind people she is touring.  It is too much going on in the world for people to remember an announcement that was made months ago

Ummm the Arena is clearly not gonna be half full, their gonna be full and the nose bleeds are full now. Her base does have young people and social media is what's NOW so yes it will work. Are you going to the show? How your show doing? 

• Upvote 2

well in a week someone will have clips Im sure, now whether there is even a team in place to remove them like before is another question, but really interested in the setlist and everything else

The video removal was a mistake and an apology was issued. I don't think Janet has a team aside from those who will be on tour.

Ummm the Arena is clearly not gonna be half full, their gonna be full and the nose bleeds are full now. Her base does have young people and social media is what's NOW so yes it will work. Are you going to the show? How your show doing? 

DC and Bmore. We always show up because both cities enjoy events. She doesn't have to do promo in this area because people want to be seen at big events. Doesn't work that way for other cities. 

She has young people in her base but for the most part her fanbase is old. Tom Joyner cruise ship old. Essence festival old.  Oldies but hoodies old. She needs to reach them too and it won't be on social media. 

The nose bleeds are on stub hub and as of right now the arena is half full. You're in denial as most of this base is. 

• Upvote 3

DC and Bmore. We always show up because both cities enjoy events. She doesn't have to do promo in this area because people want to be seen at big events. Doesn't work that way for other cities. 

She has young people in her base but for the most part her fanbase is old. Tom Joyner cruise ship old. Essence festival old.  Oldies but hoodies old. She needs to reach them too and it won't be on social media. 

The nose bleeds are on stub hub and as of right now the arena is half full. You're in denial as most of this base is. 

lol Hun this is 2017, Even OLDER people including really old ass people like Tom Joyner in which you trying to make it seem like her base is nth but 60 and 80 have social media these days and knows how to work social media. lol Her base is about as old and young as Mariah Carey, Madonna, Beyonce (at this point) and Adele. 

Ya'll all know damn well ya'll want Janet to have a successful tour. Please cut the act. 

of course but whats different and maybe new, is not wanting those numbers as much as wanting to see Janet, if she wants to worry over numbers let Live Nation do that, hell Im convinced she's only touring to fulfill some contractual obligation, in which case she may not be in touring "mode" that part concerns me ...numbers? Not following them that close, all I know is when she hit my area, Im down

Edited by Bailey.

lol Hun this is 2017, Even OLDER people including really old ass people like Tom Joyner in which you trying to make it seem like her base is nth but 60 and 80 have social media these days and knows how to work social media. lol Her base is about as old and young as Mariah Carey, Madonna, Beyonce (at this point) and Adele. 

and guess who runs his social media accounts.  HIS SON!  but for the most part Tom gets his message out on TV or over the airwaves. And all those artists you just mentioned keep their fans engaged no matter if they are selling tour tickets or not so you can't compare their base to Janets.  

• Upvote 1

I disagree. What convinced you? 

lets only go by the evidence and what we do know, she just had a baby, not even a year old and he's going on tour too, on going separation from her husband,, she just moved theres no new music to accompany this tour, I really think if it were up to Janet she wouldnt be touring because now is not a good time for her she has a lot more important things to deal with

Edited by Bailey.

Ya'll all know damn well ya'll want Janet to have a successful tour. Please cut the act. 

Well you got these new "barely been a fan" head ass people who've only been fans since the "All For You" era and will never get it and fake like they don't care if this tour is successful or not. I know I care and i'm not blind to the bullshit of Janet not doing anything to get this tour promoted. 4 days left and she ain't done nothing. I'll love her always but I ain't scared to speak the truth. 

Edited by JoeJoe

lets only go by the evidence and what we do know, she just had a baby, not even a year old and he's going on tour too, on going separation from her husband,, she just moved theres no new music to accompany this tour, I really think if it were up to Janet she wouldnt be touring because now is not a good time for her she has a lot more important things to deal with

Didn’t know legends needed new music to tour

Pretty sure this tour was to complete the Unbreakable Tour. As promised by Janet herself

• Downvote 1

and guess who runs his social media accounts.  HIS SON!  but for the most part Tom gets his message out on TV or over the airwaves. And all those artists you just mentioned keep their fans engaged no matter if they are selling tour tickets or not so you can't compare their base to Janets.  

Actually you can compare. and well that's TOM! Everybody doesn't operate like TOM Joyner and the majority of her fan base is not tom Joyner's age either. 

^

I disagree with your last point. Tom Joyner is an UAC personality and that's where Janet's legacy is still thriving, whereas it might struggle elsewhere (Though I personally never had a big problem hearing Janet on oldies stations).

That said, I wonder if anyone has ever attempted to ask Kathy Ireland about the strategy for the tour.

Edited by Illi

Didn’t know legends needed new music to tour

Pretty sure this tour was to complete the Unbreakable Tour. As promised by Janet herself

they don't, but new music was part of Live Nation's info release ...and if this was just to complete Unbreakable then Janet is being a lil disingenuous naming the tour something else ...I love Janet a great deal, but I will call out bullshit when it goes down

Edited by Bailey.