OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

So I'm back! I had to step away so I didn't get any spoilers and I'm so glad I did that! She killed it last night in Dallas. SOTW has shaped up to he my favorite for a few reasons. By far this is the best put together set list she has done. She remained VERY on theme with this set list. To me the opening of this show is the most impactful & when she walks out like a GENERAL I couldn't contain myself. Also, NO ONE can tell me there is no value in fans consistently asking & pushing for things. The "don't complain be thankful" mindset would not have gotten us - 24PLAY, Island Life, The Body that Loves You, New Agenda - LIKE WTF!! I love the relevance of the concept & this is the Janet I fell in love with. The one who sttacks things head on. ALSO there's so much meaning in it. The Bodak Yellow is performed during WHYDFML - knowing her relationship status the lyrics "You couldn't fuck with me if you wanted to, I don't gotta dance I make money moves, quick to cut a Nigga off so don't get comfortable" mixed with WHYDFML is a direct shot.

I have so much I want to say but I know this post can get long, but I'll say Janet delivered the best she has delivered in MANY years. 

Honestly idk if fans will like this said or not but the truth is, the "breakdown" & cry is a part of the act. She's not breaking down every night because it's too emotional. She's performing it like she did on VR a& like she used to "cry" during Again back on the Janet tour. She literally cries on cue, says the same thing, & mixes it with the show. So MAYBE some nights it does hit her hard, but every show seems to get the "this is me" & covered face and break down. So I don't think this is her not being able to naturally contain herself. The dancers & band even seem to know it's coming & wait for it & know when to move after it. The lighting is even prepared for it. IJS

So on point!!!  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Upvote 2

That's not me guys. :lol: I found it on twitter. Wondering how people are meeting her. 

So I've been following this since the first few shows.  I think it's a combination of a few things... 

1) obviously if you know someone that's directly connected to someone in her camp, that's the way to go.  

2) Another suggestion-- get there early!!  Look for some of the other super fans and chill with them before the show.  They're the ones lurking around and trying to find people that will get pulled back.  

3)  The other thing I'm gonna try is get to a smaller show where there (likely) won't be any celebrity visitors.  Janet and Tyler Perry were hanging before the Lafayette show (understandable and great for her), so she probably spent the pre-show time with him and other friends there.  But if you can get to a lower profile stop, that's a change to meet her.  

Of course I've yet to meet her, but these are tips I picked up from fans who have.  

• Upvote 1

Me and my bestie went to the show last night here in Dallas! 

That INTRO IS THE BEST INTRO OF ANY JANET TOUR! Idc... lol I said it! She doesn't look anyones 51 nor moves like she's 51. She gave birth 8 months ago. Nothing is stopping this woman when it comes to PERFORMING! She was sassy as fuck, had a bunch of attitude and even got ratchet when Cardi B came on. lol 

What About performance was very very powerful. The whole show is just amazing. the lighting is crazy.

• Upvote 9

Ok we need to get some more Texan perspectives in here... 

First of all, the crowds in Houston and Dallas were solid. Austin and San Antonio are two metros that are 1) about half the size of Big H or Big D and 2) much closer together.  For all the noise about Austin being a music city, a lot of bigger acts skip playing there outside of SXSW or ACL which is when celebs take over the city. 

But what performing in Austin can do, even if you take a ticket loss?? Get some cred with the college crowd. I know for some fans that's insulting to say, but keep in mind that Janet is still being discovered by younger generations thanks to the ridiculous industry blackout. 

One other note... they closed off the top tier of Frank Erwin which reduced her available seating from 10,000 to probably 6500 or so. So she took a small hit in Austin, but recouped in SA and Dallas, and made some lifelong Texas fans along the way. 

Thank you for the insight

So I've been following this since the first few shows.  I think it's a combination of a few things... 

1) obviously if you know someone that's directly connected to someone in her camp, that's the way to go.  

2) Another suggestion-- get there early!!  Look for some of the other super fans and chill with them before the show.  They're the ones lurking around and trying to find people that will get pulled back.  

3)  The other thing I'm gonna try is get to a smaller show where there (likely) won't be any celebrity visitors.  Janet and Tyler Perry were hanging before the Lafayette show (understandable and great for her), so she probably spent the pre-show time with him and other friends there.  But if you can get to a lower profile stop, that's a change to meet her.  

Of course I've yet to meet her, but these are tips I picked up from fans who have.  

I'm going to the St Louis show, so I doubt there will be any big names there. I want to upgrade to the VIP package but idk

She's making me sooooooooo happy this tour. Just to see her face and tearing the stage down. I can see it in her face she misses touring and hearing the people scream and shout for her. I know she feels the crown back on her head. Ain't no bitch coming for her!

• Upvote 4

Mannnnnnn Janet ATE the stage TONIGHT HURR IN DALLAS!!!! Cardi B's track had a lil extended play during "What have you done for me lately" Janet even started to get crunk wit it lmaooo. Man I wish I woulda recorded it, but i was gettin' my life!  The arena was packed, btw. It was an awesome turn-out. 

Im glad you were living it and loving it instead of recording it!!!!

• Upvote 4