OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

Chile

If anything Janet played a small role, a very small role in that song getting to number 1.

chile....have you listened to her doing interviews? :unsure: I believe she has a speech impediment...and as cool as the song is, as cute as she is, she's refreshingly down to Earth, those people I fucks wit -_- ....I dont think she's gonna be the next Nicki Minaj, more like a one hit wonder, unless she can bring more than this one song :filenails:  I know some of ya'll LOVE Azaelia Banks, but there's only one song she made I fuck with :coffee: 

https://youtu.be/i3Jv9fNPjgk 

I hated that song until Janet danced to it. :unsure:

I think it's great that she is number one but this celebration will be short lived when Bhad Bhabie cash these hoes outside. #howboutdah

I hadnt heard da shit until Janet did it.......Im still on her doing Tupac, like this woman has been listening okay

"Bodak Yellow" was already on track to be a big hit. Cardi and her fans created a hashtag on Twitter to get it to #1. She also discounted the song and released remixed versions of the song. There were literally 4 different versions of the charting on ITunes simultaneously. All of that combined is what helped it go #1. If anything "Bodak Yellow" helped move tickets for this tour as video of Janet dancing to the song went viral across all social media outlets. I saw many people on Facebook and Twitter say they were going to buy tickets after the video was released.

• Upvote 2

People were shading the absolute fuck out of Janet for that Tupac mix because of the whole AIDS test thing...chile that was 20 years ago, I cunnot! :rolleyes: 

And that was a rumor that John Singleton made up...Janet is a HIV/AIDS activist and it's been known you can't get HIV from just kissing. 

• Upvote 1

And that was a rumor that John Singleton made up...Janet is a HIV/AIDS activist and it's been known you can't get HIV from just kissing. 

Tupac out of his own mouth said he thought it was moreso Janet's ppl who were the ones who had requested it.. So I'm not sure about John being the one to set off the rumor 

Edited by janetDAYZ

But to back to the Cardi / Janet thing right quick..

Janet doing the Cardi song made Janet appear to be "current" and hip to what's going on which in turn made the young ppl folks hype to wanna go check out this Janet concert ,if they weren't already. 

It helped Cardi that a LEGEND was sort of giving her stamp of approval for a young, up and coming girl in the game tryna make big moves...

It helped BOTH of them quite honestly

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 5

People were shading the absolute fuck out of Janet for that Tupac mix because of the whole AIDS test thing...chile that was 20 years ago, I cunnot! :rolleyes: 

I did not know this, but fuck that let them check Tupac paying two white chicks money for sex, that werent even sure they wanted to fuck Tupac, until money came into the equation..true story, Janet fans dont forget, and she was married, she wasn't out to give da pussy up and keep it fucking real...keep the shit real....when Tupac called that disconnect busted ass phone number the day after shooting, he wasn;t calling Rene to play basketball... :filenails:

• Downvote 1

I never head of any backlash for Janet doing tupac on her tour

If he did I don't understand why if they were and still are friends

But to back to the Cardi / Janet thing right quick..

Janet doing the Cardi song made Janet appear to be "current" and hip to what's going on which in turn made the young ppl folks hype to wanna go check out this Janet concert ,if they weren't already. 

It helped Cardi that a LEGEND was sort of giving her stamp of approval for a young, up and coming girl in the game tryna make big moves...

It helped BOTH of them quite honestly

The same thing could be said about Janet addressing white supremacists (she woke) while doing the Milly Rock. :unsure:

Lets not give 'Knowwhatimsayin' to much :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

I'm getting word that the Fresno show was sold out. I'm gonna find out for sure soon

Well Joe anything above 80% is considered SOLD OUT and from the looks of the pix it look like it was anywhere from 90-95% Full... So i already looked at it as a sold out show. Most of her shows so far have been between 90 - 100% full.

Well Joe anything above 80% is considered SOLD OUT and from the looks of the pix it look like it was anywhere from 90-95% Full... So i already looked at it as a sold out show. Most of her shows so far have been between 90 - 100% full.

I think it was. The saw the nosebleeds pretty much full 

Um..you didn't give a review of the show at all..  ?

I kinda did earlier. Sometimes I get lazy and don't wanna type a lot lol. I'm gonna put some pics of what some other Janet fans had on. One lady had on a dress that everyone kept taking pics of including me. I told her to turn around and as I took video haha. She had the pic of Janet during the 20 Y.O. Era and Janet's tits stretched on the back part of her dress that made it look like the lady's ass. Very clever lol. Anyway I saw a group of about 5 that had a banner that said "JanFam" and I went up with my friend and I asked them if we could take a pic with them. They were happy to oblige. Mary J. Blige lol. Anyway as the dj started playing music about 10 minutes before Janet hit the stage David texted me letting me know Randy Jackson was in my section. When Janet hit the stage the roar was so loud that it got me excited and I wanted to scream so much and I did but I kept it to a minimum cause my deep voice ain't made for screaming and last tour I did that and I lost my voice lol. There were times in the show where I initiated the crowd cheering and screaming. I would wait til it got a little quieter where I knew my yells would carry and I would yell "Janet!!!" and at least 5 times in the show she looked my way cause of me yelling. She looked right at me either 2 or 3 times out of the 5. I got so happy that I started jumping and waving like a little kid :lol: 

Whenever some of the songs I knew the choreography to came on I did it with her and some people were looking at me like "Damn he knows the moves too"B) Of course Janet switched up some of the moves but when Rhythm Nation came on I was with it. Especially the breakdown and after I did it in sync with her and some guy with his boyfriend behind me slapped me on my back lightly to get my attention, I turn around and he said "Look at you!!!" and I notice about 7 people were watching me the whole time. Janet was sooo beautiful up close. I mean you guys really don't understand. Pics are one thing but to see this woman up close she's stunning! Also those who said she is darker no she's caramel brown. She's like Ciara, Erykah Badu, Aaliyah, tone which I don't consider dark. Anyway I loved the straight hair on her. Never seen her live with straight hair but always wanted to and the reviewer from the FresnoBee didn't lie. No matter what Janet did or how much hair swinging she did that hair always went back to the way it was and stayed in place. During the break where she went to change into the denim jacket it went dark and the arena turned on the lights on their phones. It looked beautiful. Too bad I wasn't able to join cause my phone was only on 14% due to recording some to the clips y'all saw already and I had to save power to record other stuff. 

I noticed during the Card B. breakdown Janet didn't play Cardi B.s rap. She just let the instrumental play but when it came to Cardi's time to rap Janet just sang the rest of the "What Have You Done For Me?" lyrics. I loved the fact that she sang "Island Life" which is my 2nd fave song on the Damita Jo album. Those are one of the songs i've always longed for her to do in concert. I liked Twenty Foreplay but it seemed like Janet had a little trouble with her earpiece as if she couldn't hear herself and it seemed she forgot some of the lyrics but skillfully sang along with whatever was going on in her earpiece because she'd sing a little louder when she got the lyrics together like "Oh yeah now I remember" lol. I saw some people standing around not knowing what to do when she sang songs that only true Janet fans knew. People did jam to "Island Life" tho and they started jamming to "Twenty Foreplay" when the music got faster and it started playing the parts where you could bop to. When she did "The Body That Loves You" I was like "no thanks"<_< I loved how she had the whole arena of 15,000+ jumping up and down during Together Again. It was loud!  I loved the "You Want This" as you can tell by my voice in the clip I posted. I loved "That's The Way Love Goes" mixed with Aaliyah's "Rock The Boat" performance production from the lighting to the dancing. I enjoyed the whole setup so whoever came up with the concept for the song and performance it was an excellent job. I actually want a version of that on my itunes.

One thing I didn't like is that I was sitting next to 2 fat guys. One on the right of me and one sitting in front of me. The slightest move I made we were touching. It was annoying, I wanted to tell them to stop being fat cause I could tell they were getting annoyed when my arm hit theirs as I was dancing and yelling. The fat guy on the right of me kinda sighed and rolled his eyes cause our arms bumped into each other. As long as he didn't start no shit I was cool. The fat guy in front of me sat down the whole show cause he was too big to get up smh. I accidentally hit him in the back of the neck dancing to Janet. I liked the whole overall production which i'm glad she's finally incorporating into her shows. I love how she's still keeping up with the new generation showing them she knows what's going on. No joke I saw people of all ages there. I was literally shocked when I saw a girl who looked to be only 14 dressed up as Rhythm Nation. I know Janet has fans of all ages but i've never seen someone that young in person being a Janet stan. Overall this is 2nd best tour behind The Velvet Rope. 

Edited by JoeJoe
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I kinda did earlier. Sometimes I get lazy and don't wanna type a lot lol. I'm gonna put some pics of what some other Janet fans had on. One lady had on a dress that everyone kept taking pics of including me. I told her to turn around and as I took video haha. She had the pic of Janet during the 20 Y.O. Era and Janet's tits stretched on the back part of her dress that made it look like the lady's ass. Very clever lol. Anyway I saw a group of about 5 that had a banner that said "JanFam" and I went up with my friend and I asked them if we could take a pic with them. They were happy to oblige. Mary J. Blige lol. Anyway as the dj started playing music about 10 minutes before Janet hit the stage David texted me letting me know Randy Jackson was in my section. When Janet hit the stage the roar was so loud that it got me excited and I wanted to scream so much and I did but I kept it to a minimum cause my deep voice ain't made for screaming and last tour I did that at I lost my voice lol. There were times in the show where I initiated the crowd cheering and screaming. I would wait til it got a little quieter where I knew my yells would carry and I would yell "Janet!!!" and at least 5 times in the show she looked my way cause of me yelling. She looked right about me either 2 or 3 times out of the 5. I got so happy that I started jumping and waving like a little kid :lol: 

Whenever some of the songs I knew the choreography to came on I did it with her and some people were looking at me like "Damn he knows the moves too"B) Of course Janet switched up some of the moves but when Rhythm Nation came on I was with it. Especially the breakdown and after I did it in sync with her and some guy with his boyfriend behind me slapped me on my back lightly to get my attention, I turn around and he said "Look at you!!!" and I notice about 7 people were watching me the whole time. Janet was sooo beautiful up close. I mean you guys really don't understand. Pics are one thing but to see this woman up close she's stunning! Also those who said she is darker no she's caramel brown. She's like Ciara, Erykah Badu, Aaliyah, tone which I don't consider dark. Anyway I loved the straight hair on her. Never seen her live with straight hair but always wanted to and the reviewer from the FresnoBee didn't lie. No matter what Janet did or how much hair swinging she did that hair always went back to the way it was and stayed in place. During the break where she went to change into the denim jacket it went dark and the arena turned on the lights on their phones. It looked beautiful. Too bad I wasn't able to join cause my phone was only on 14% due to recording some to the clips y'all saw already and I had to save power to record other stuff. 

I noticed during the Card B. breakdown Janet didn't play Cardi B.s rap. She just let the instrumental play but when it came to Cardi's time to rap Janet just sang the rest of the "What Have You Done For Me?" lyrics. I loved the fact that she sang "Island Life" which is my 2nd fave song on the Damita Jo album. Those are one of the songs i've always longed for her to do in concert. I liked Twenty Foreplay but it seemed like Janet had a little trouble with her earpiece as if she couldn't hear herself and it seemed she forgot some of the lyrics but skillfully sang along with whatever was going on in her earpiece because she'd sing a little louder when she got the lyrics together like "Oh yeah now I remember" lol. I saw some people standing around no knowing what to do when she sang songs that only true Janet fans knew. People did jam to "Island Life" tho and they started jamming to "Twenty Foreplay" when the music got faster and it started playing the parts where you could bop to. When she did "The Body That Loves You" I was like "no thanks"<_< I loved how she had the whole arena of 15,000+ jumping up and down during Together Again. It was loud!  I loved the "You Want This" as you can tell by voice in the clip I posted. I loved "That's The Way Love Goes" mixed with Aaliyah's "Rock The Boat" performance production from the lighting to the dancing. I enjoyed the whole setup so whoever came up with the concept for the song and performance it was an excellent job. I actually want a version of that on my itunes.

One thing I didn't like is that I was sitting next to 2 fat guys. One on the right of me and one sitting in front of me. The slightest move I made we were touching. It was annoying, I wanted to tell them to stop being fat cause I could tell they were getting annoyed when my arm hit theirs as I was dancing and yelling. The fat guy on the right of me kinda sighed and rolled his eyes cause our arms bumped into each other. As long as he didn't start no shit I was cool. The fat guy in front of me sat down the whole show cause he was too big to get up smh. I accidentally hit him in the back of the neck dancing to Janet. I liked the whole overall production which i'm glad she's finally incorporating into her shows. I love he she's still keeping up with the new generation showing them she knows what's going on. No joke I saw people of all ages there. I was literally shocked when I saw a girl who looked to be only 14 dressed up as Rhythm Nation. I know Janet has fans of all ages but i've never seen someone that young in person being a Janet stan. Overall this is 2nd best tour behind The Velvet Rope. 

Great review JoeJoe?

• Upvote 1

i'm gonna upload some pics including that dress that everyone kept taking pics of.

I Kno the girl u talkin about with the dress cus I follow her on FB...she went live after the concert to answer questions we had... I asked her if she got alot of compliments on her dress..and she said the WHOLE night ppl wantd pix with her..lol joey upgraded her tickets too 

I kinda did earlier. Sometimes I get lazy and don't wanna type a lot lol. I'm gonna put some pics of what some other Janet fans had on. One lady had on a dress that everyone kept taking pics of including me. I told her to turn around and as I took video haha. She had the pic of Janet during the 20 Y.O. Era and Janet's tits stretched on the back part of her dress that made it look like the lady's ass. Very clever lol. Anyway I saw a group of about 5 that had a banner that said "JanFam" and I went up with my friend and I asked them if we could take a pic with them. They were happy to oblige. Mary J. Blige lol. Anyway as the dj started playing music about 10 minutes before Janet hit the stage David texted me letting me know Randy Jackson was in my section. When Janet hit the stage the roar was so loud that it got me excited and I wanted to scream so much and I did but I kept it to a minimum cause my deep voice ain't made for screaming and last tour I did that at I lost my voice lol. There were times in the show where I initiated the crowd cheering and screaming. I would wait til it got a little quieter where I knew my yells would carry and I would yell "Janet!!!" and at least 5 times in the show she looked my way cause of me yelling. She looked right about me either 2 or 3 times out of the 5. I got so happy that I started jumping and waving like a little kid :lol: 

I noticed during the Card B. breakdown Janet didn't play Cardi B.s rap. She just let the instrumental play but when it came to Cardi's time to rap Janet just sang the rest of the "What Have You Done For Me?" lyrics. I loved the fact that she sang "Island Life" which is my 2nd fave song on the Damita Jo album. Those are one of the songs i've always longed for her to do in concert. I liked Twenty Foreplay but it seemed like Janet had a little trouble with her earpiece as if she couldn't hear herself and it seemed she forgot some of the lyrics but skillfully sang along with whatever was going on in her earpiece because she'd sing a little louder when she got the lyrics together like "Oh yeah now I remember" lol. I saw some people standing around no knowing what to do when she sang songs that only true Janet fans knew. People did jam to "Island Life" tho and they started jamming to "Twenty Foreplay" when the music got faster and it started playing the parts where you could bop to. When she did "The Body That Loves You" I was like "no thanks"<_< I loved how she had the whole arena of 15,000+ jumping up and down during Together Again. It was loud!  I loved the "You Want This" as you can tell by voice in the clip I posted. I loved "That's The Way Love Goes" mixed with Aaliyah's "Rock The Boat" performance production from the lighting to the dancing. I enjoyed the whole setup so whoever came up with the concept for the song and performance it was an excellent job. I actually want a version of that on my itunes.

One thing I didn't like is that I was sitting next to 2 fat guys. One on the right of me and one sitting in front of me. The slightest move I made we were touching. It was annoying, I wanted to tell them to stop being fat cause I could tell they were getting annoyed when my arm hit theirs as I was dancing and yelling. The fat guy on the right of me kinda sighed and rolled his eyes cause our arms bumped into each other. As long as he didn't start no shit I was cool. The fat guy in front of me sat down the whole show cause he was too big to get up smh. I accidentally hit him in the back of the neck dancing to Janet. I liked the whole overall production which i'm glad she's finally incorporating into her shows. I love he she's still keeping up with the new generation showing them she knows what's going on. No joke I saw people of all ages there. I was literally shocked when I saw a girl who looked to be only 14 dressed up as Rhythm Nation. I know Janet has fans of all ages but i've never seen someone that young in person being a Janet stan. Overall this is 2nd best tour behind The Velvet Rope. 

I really enjoyed reading this!  And lol! At you saying "I wanted to tell them to stop being fat".  I hollered! 

I really enjoyed reading this!  And lol! At you saying "I wanted to tell them to stop being fat".  I hollered! 

I'm really nice in general but i'm just extremely sarcastic at times lol. Seriously they were annoying because they were acting like I was the reason we kept bumping into each other. Those seats are small and there was hardly enough room for a normal sized adult like myself and other people so just imagine someone 250lbs plus sitting next to you and in front of you gettin' frustrated because of the touching or bumping at a crowded show.