OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

A couple of things: 
  1. I'm wraping the boxscores in a quote so JoeJoe can't come along and quote it.
  2. "Just enjoy the show and be happy Janet is still doing it" fans, please stay out of this sub-discussion.
  3. Be honest with yourselves, so that you can be honest with others.
  4. Some of these boxscores are embarrassing. 

If she were actually selling out every show, there would be multiple comments or threads on here of fans bragging about it. But since she isn’t, they’re gonna fume over you posting her box score numbers like this.:lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Only fair-weather fans care about box scores and sales

I dont give a fuck about them (sales), let Janet do her and God bless her because we were told this tour almost didnt happen.....I have my criticisms, and ya'll know me enough, but I wont beat a dead horse either

Edited by Bailey.

Only fair-weather fans care about box scores and sales

Fact. The only way numbers would be "embarassing" is if she was working her ass off popping up on TV & Radio to promote the tour, and even then most female legends over 50 (any ethnicity or music genre) would kill for those numbers.

Fact. The only way numbers would be "embarassing" is if she was working her ass off popping up on TV & Radio to promote the tour, and even then most female legends over 50 (any ethnicity or music genre) would kill for those numbers.

Madonna, Tina, Cher, Barbara, all had better boxscore numbers at usually higher ticket prices during their last tour(s)...

The numbers dont look great when seeing them, but some of those low numbers ARE in cities where demand isnt so much high...so its great those smaller cities got the opportunity to see Janet, b/c most acts, especially those of high caliber, would NOT book there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Madonna, Tina, Cher, Barbara, all had better boxscore numbers at usually higher ticket prices during their last tour(s)...

The numbers dont look great when seeing them, but some of those low numbers ARE in cities where demand isnt so much high...so its great those smaller cities got the opportunity to see Janet, b/c most acts, especially those of high caliber, would NOT book there.

That's a decent group of names, but what about Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross, Patti Labelle, Chaka Khan,  Sheila E. & Jody Watley ? They have continuously been on tour for the last 30 years seemingly and with the exception of Diana, none of their numbers have ever been brag worthy. The 4 names you listed are acceptions, not standards by any means. Point remains, Janet's numbers aren't "embarrassing", they would be if she had the promo tour before the tour the same way all of the women you named do (hell even some of the ones I did)

Isn’t it too early to call this tour an embarrassment??? She’s only been touring for 2 months now and hasn’t even gone to Europe or any other continent besides North America. I’d say wait until we see numbers by the end of her North American leg. The fact is from what we’ve seen and from what I saw during her Boston show, this tour is a low key success despite previous cancellations, no promo, etc. Some of you guys are acting like Janet can’t fill an auditorium, let alone stadiums anymore, which she still can!! That’s all that matters!! ;)

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink: and :wacko:

You would think she was only selling a fourth of the seats in these venues the way Austin and his followers be saying shit.  She's had more close to sellout shows than not ..soooooo.. a few that were moderate compared to..... ???

NO PROMO and she's doing 80% or more = WINNING!!!

BUT a  COMPLETELY SOLD OUT SHOW of 17,500 @Hollywood Bowl  .. gets overlooked by these group of ppl ...hmm wonder why? 

Half empty or half full,which one are you?

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 2

All of those women are exceptions and all of those women are touring powerhouses and in their late 60s.

Please stop ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Janet's touring history is questionable, so I don't understand why we are comparing her to touring acts with good credit. The fact that she is filling up any stadium should be applauded. I get that some fans like to invent facts or embellish the truth...but let Janet LIVE...gotdamn, if her fans want to make shit up in favor of her..let them. That's what fans are for. 

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

A couple of things: 
  1. I'm wraping the boxscores in a quote so JoeJoe can't come along and quote it.
  2. "Just enjoy the show and be happy Janet is still doing it" fans, please stay out of this sub-discussion.
  3. Be honest with yourselves, so that you can be honest with others.
  4. Some of these boxscores are embarrassing. 

Now you know they can't help themselves

If she were actually selling out every show, there would be multiple comments or threads on here of fans bragging about it. But since she isn’t, they’re gonna fume over you posting her box score numbers like this.:lol:

Tea.

And you see which posts get the most attention.