OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

A double negative. :unsure: 

I believe the album part. Still wondering where fans got that from

Any appearances to what

I think the anticipation of a new album stemmed from the live nation description of the tour which said she would perform “soon-to-be released new tracks”

• Upvote 3

I think the anticipation of a new album stemmed from the live nation description of the tour which said she would perform “soon-to-be released new tracks”

the PR release for the tour mentioned new music. Not a new album

and Gil is only reliable sometimes. He’s not one to spoil Janet news. See his tweets from Pre-Unbreakable era (2014-early 2015)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Janet's A&R of Rhythm Nation  Records, Jareiq Kabara (https://www.instagram.com/jqlondon/) has mentioned new Janet music on his Instagram Stories multiple times so those that follow him know that that new Janet music is coming just obviously an official date isn't confirmed for when it is going to be released. Gil doesn't ever necessarily always tell all the Janet information he could on Instagram Live (so never much info like any new Janet music, tour ideas, and/or possible music videos). He limits himself on what he says because he knows it is going to be shared across the fan forums, Facebook Fan Group, Twitter, etc.

Anyways I saw Gil's Instagram Live and what Gil meant by making appearances is him saying that Janet isn't interested in making appearances anymore unless they are for important events/causes like the Out event recently, visiting Gary, visiting victims of Hurricane Harvey,etc. Similarly on Instagram Live months ago he said Janet isn't interested in really doing interviews anymore (not as if that is a surprise she hasn't done a tv interview since 2012 and only did that Q&A in Gary recently). He said she is more about behind the scenes then fast forward to now on the State Of The World Tour where we are getting a decent amount of behind the scenes pictures and videos for the State Of The World Tour.

• Upvote 3

Ya'll still considering Gil a reliable source of information after all these years? :lmao:

Also, we didn't need him to confirm Janet isn't doing any appearances. She's made that clear in the past two years. 

The Baltimore show is pretty much sold out. There's about 10 tickets on Ticketmaster, and some jackass on StubHub is selling their ticket for $103,000. Yes, $103,000. 

Edit: StubHub adjusted the price on that ticket. 

• Upvote 1

Apparently Gil had an IG live yesterday, someone who watched it posed on twitter

He also confirmed that she's not gonna post no pics of Eissa, there's no album on the way and she's not making any appearances so STOP asking

Was he really that rude to tell fans to stop asking or was that you adding your own 2 cents in? :umm: 

Ya'll still considering Gil a reliable source of information after all these years? :lmao:

Also, we didn't need him to confirm Janet isn't doing any appearances. She's made that clear in the past two years. 

The Baltimore show is pretty much sold out. There's about 10 tickets on Ticketmaster, and some jackass on StubHub is selling their ticket for $103,000. Yes, $103,000. 

Edit: StubHub adjusted the price on that ticket. 

They ain't gon ever learn. He doesn't know everything like they think he does. Remember a few months before Janet released the "Unbreakable" album Gil stated he hadn't seen or talked to Janet in a while.

So I just got in from the Baltimore show. This is her third best tour behind TVR and RWU respectively. I got there around 7:45 and the DJ was playing PYHO, I was kinda shocked. There was some jackass in the audience screaming to the DJ to play MJ, and I'm just like ugh. DJ played the Kaytranada remix of "If" and everyone seemed to like it. Then the DJ played "Remember The Time" and a bunch of other J5/MJ songs, and I was just over it and ready for the show to start. So Janet came out around 8:30. Delievered. The first half of the show just punched - hit after hit, just full energy nonstop. It might have been where I was sitting, but the music was too loud. I couldn't really hear Janet singing, but that didn't really matter. It's one thing to see Janet dance in videos, but to see it live is a vastly different experience. Her technical prowess through dance is truly unmatched. Her agility, coordination, and flexibility are still very sharp considering that she's 51. With a bit more control and energy, she could give DJ/20YO level of greatness. The way she communicates ideas through movement is surreal. 

One thing that really stood out to me is that I notice a lot of legacy acts typically rely on the nostalgia of their music to carry their performances. The performance is that great, but the music is still good and people love the song(s). So they can kinda get away with giving a so-so performance. I feel like a lot of Janet's music is in a transition point to where she's not just performing hits, but she's performing bona fide classics. So Janet keeps the songs fresh by delivering new choreography, while keeping elements of the original routines in the performance. For example, the way she ends TTWLG. She keeps the little side step and the snaps with the "collapse" at the end, yet everything else is new choreography. I always have reservations about Janet doing AN(DS), but she murked that shit. Agility was just immaculate. Same with "Nasty", dear GAWD. MURKED that shit. Same with the AFY breakdown. "What About" is the reason why Janet is incontestably the greatest female entertainer ever. The storytelling of that performance is very hard to watch. And yes, I did get teary eyed. I think Janet needs a bit of improvement in areas where she's altered choreography, like "If", for example. I think she should focus more on showmanship - having dancers on stage telling us a story through movement. The second verse choreo is kinda "eh", if you get what I'm talking about. Same kinda with the new songs she did for the first time. She's gotta present them better, esp since it's the first time these songs are being performed. Like "Island Life". It was great that she did it, but she just sat on the steps the whole time. It was like "Okay, I guess :umm:". 

So basically, the greatness of the show lies in Janet keeping the show fresh by bringing new choreography to the songs, changing the set list, while maintaining elements that define "Janet Jackson". With more production (better wardrobe, visuals, etc), the show could've been so much better. I might need to re-watch the RN and janet. Tours, but as it stands, for me it's her best tour following TVR and RWU. I think I can now unmute Janet on Twitter, and raise my status from "casual listener" to "familiar with her work fan". 

• Upvote 9

So I just got in from the Baltimore show. This is her third best tour behind TVR and RWU respectively. I got there around 7:45 and the DJ was playing PYHO, I was kinda shocked. There was some jackass in the audience screaming to the DJ to play MJ, and I'm just like ugh. DJ played the Kaytranada remix of "If" and everyone seemed to like it. Then the DJ played "Remember The Time" and a bunch of other J5/MJ songs, and I was just over it and ready for the show to start. So Janet came out around 8:30. Delievered. The first half of the show just punched - hit after hit, just full energy nonstop. It might have been where I was sitting, but the music was too loud. I couldn't really hear Janet singing, but that didn't really matter. It's one thing to see Janet dance in videos, but to see it live is a vastly different experience. Her technical prowess through dance is truly unmatched. Her agility, coordination, and flexibility are still very sharp considering that she's 51. With a bit more control and energy, she could give DJ/20YO level of greatness. The way she communicates ideas through movement is surreal. 

One thing that really stood out to me is that I notice a lot of legacy acts typically rely on the nostalgia of their music to carry their performances. The performance is that great, but the music is still good and people love the song(s). So they can kinda get away with giving a so-so performance. I feel like a lot of Janet's music is in a transition point to where she's not just performing hits, but she's performing bona fide classics. So Janet keeps the songs fresh by delivering new choreography, while keeping elements of the original routines in the performance. For example, the way she ends TTWLG. She keeps the little side step and the snaps with the "collapse" at the end, yet everything else is new choreography. I always have reservations about Janet doing AN(DS), but she murked that shit. Agility was just immaculate. Same with "Nasty", dear GAWD. MURKED that shit. Same with the AFY breakdown. "What About" is the reason why Janet is incontestably the greatest female entertainer ever. The storytelling of that performance is very hard to watch. And yes, I did get teary eyed. I think Janet needs a bit of improvement in areas where she's altered choreography, like "If", for example. I think she should focus more on showmanship - having dancers on stage telling us a story through movement. The second verse choreo is kinda "eh", if you get what I'm talking about. Same kinda with the new songs she did for the first time. She's gotta present them better, esp since it's the first time these songs are being performed. Like "Island Life". It was great that she did it, but she just sat on the steps the whole time. It was like "Okay, I guess :umm:". 

So basically, the greatness of the show lies in Janet keeping the show fresh by bringing new choreography to the songs, changing the set list, while maintaining elements that define "Janet Jackson". With more production (better wardrobe, visuals, etc), the show could've been so much better. I might need to re-watch the RN and janet. Tours, but as it stands, for me it's her best tour following TVR and RWU. I think I can now unmute Janet on Twitter, and raise my status from "casual listener" to "familiar with her work fan". 

Always doing the most ......................

Good review. Ended Consequence of Sound.

• Upvote 1

Finally coming down ... Philly show was mindblowing, floor seat 10 rows away from the stage. #BROOKLYN was outright speechless row 6. The way Janet murdered that staged, played with the crowd. I would love to hear new music as a reflection of her current space.. Phil and NY, I was shot by her offical camera man. Joey is funny and gil was a cunt but oh well lol .   NEWARK, the crowd was lack luster but the dancers showed out and little John is so nice  .. take a look at this Custom Made Jacket i rocked 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BblD25QnZ49/

Edited by GTIG
  • Upvote 9