Justin Timberlake in Talks for Super Bowl Halftime Show 2018

Dal

No. i never took a “side”. I’m in support of Kaepernick, I love that the NFL gave a middle finger to Trump.. I’m not racists.. and I don’t do Trump like behavior... if you want Trump like behavior, see Bailey  

I literally am a gay black man. I can’t support Trump. Girl please.. I’ve see every episode of Rupaul Drag Race including superstars

I don’t represent a group.. I’m one person.. 1 person’s words on zero sides.

No one said Janet didn’t matter :blink: I mean... being banned from a Super Bowl isn’t that serious AFTER you performed at a Super Bowl... CBS is the one who hurt Janet’s career, not the NFL

I don't give a shit who performs at the Super Bowl.. I’ll be watching it still (just like you will and everyone else who signed that online petition) and I honestly don’t care about what happened 13 years ago. It’s done and over. Janet has become a stronger woman because of it, a mom... Justin a father.. They’ve grown up. I’m not the one to live in the past. Something Janet has preached time and time again. 

Janet has moved past this.. I let go of this... It’s time you all do the same. 

.Nah, you're too much on his side & too against the right side to not have a side in this, you keep changing the narrative, because you are on that side lol. I didn't say you supported Trump, I'm saying your defense in Justin has been Trump like, changing the narrative, belittlling the other sides success & support, and  belittling the issue. Justin's actions say Janet doesn't matter, and that he doesn't give a shit about the double standards and all the isms that him being able to do it freely while she could at this point never stand for. Aww that's cute you think I would watch, I'd never give rattings to support of racism, sexism, & anti-Janet Jackson, that aint me, but to each their own. I don't care that Janet moved on, it's a injustice period, and there's a chance now, for the 1st time to attempt making it right.

??‍♂️ I don’t want to be on your side on this. We’ve never been on the same side on this subject and I’m not trying to convince you otherwise but there’s more sides than “with us” & “against us”. That’s what makes me not Trump-like. Sorry but that’s not possible. I’ve seen every episode of Will & Grace & the Golden Girls 

Janet actions are saying “move on”. Soooo and I follow the one and true Goddess [of music] ??‍♂️ Minus the vegan kick. Sorry Jarryl, but Janet’s right and I’m only siding with her on this one

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

I agree with you but your math is wrong. There are 75 million Black Americans (roughly 13% of the total population). Don’t want people to say you spewing “false narratives” aka “fake news” 

So technically, an artist can sell 10 million records with only black support but... :) 

But we know white folks are more dominate consumers of music than blacks lol even hip-hop music...WHITE folk buying more of it than us. Always been that way..im afraid  we're outnumbered-_-

The issue is, you're doing the "with us or against us" yourself sir. See the 3rd option to "with us" & "against us" is "stay out of it".................. that was a viable option, that's a good option, that I'm sure many Justin fans are taking....but speaking out so boldly, and so much, you're along for the ride SO MUCH, you've labeled yourself "against us", it was your choice and your actions have dictated where. And I don't need Janet to be active in fighting for her rights in order to fight for her rights, I'm that dude that if my sisters husband or boyfriend gets abusive, but she wants to move past it, I let her move past it, while I make sure justice is had 1 way or another, whether it involves her or not, and that's all of us on this side of this issue.

The issue is, you're doing the "with us or against us" yourself sir. See the 3rd option to "with us" & "against us" is "stay out of it".................. that was a viable option, that's a good option, that I'm sure many Justin fans are taking....but speaking out so boldly, and so much, you're along for the ride SO MUCH, you've labeled yourself "against us", it was your choice and your actions have dictated where. And I don't need Janet to be active in fighting for her rights in order to fight for her rights, I'm that dude that if my sisters husband or boyfriend gets abusive, but she wants to move past it, I let her move past it, while I make sure justice is had 1 way or another, whether it involves her or not, and that's all of us on this side of this issue.

Not from my lips sweetie... last I check this is a forum.. a discussion board. This would be on page two without me #Ego 

Im not a “Justin Fan”. Just bc I like his music doesn’t make me a “Justin fan”. I like MJ’s music.. a song by Madonna.. that doesn’t make me a fan of theirs. Buying tickets or his albums would be make me a fan technically.  I’m a Janet fan, John Mayer Fan.. P!nk fan.. Halsey Fan... I’m not a Fan of Justin Timberlake ??‍♂️

I think “big sister” wants to move past it. It’s best to respect her decision as a grown woman and mother. Involving yourself into her situation without her “permission” or “go ahead” is kinda... overbearing. Live your own life and let her live hers. Janet doesn’t always need a knight in shinning armor to fight her battles and if she did, she’d speak out. 

Not from my lips sweetie... last I check this is a forum.. a discussion board. This would be on page two without me #Ego 

Im not a “Justin Fan”. Just bc I like his music doesn’t make me a “Justin fan”. I like MJ’s music.. a song by Madonna.. that doesn’t make me a fan of theirs. Buying tickets or his albums would be make me a fan technically.  I’m a Janet fan, John Mayer Fan.. P!nk fan.. Halsey Fan... I’m not a Fan of Justin Timberlake ??‍♂️

I think “big sister” wants to move past it. It’s best to respect her decision as a grown woman and mother. Involving yourself into her situation without her “permission” or “go ahead” is kinda... overbearing. Live your own life and let her live hers. Janet doesn’t always need a knight in shinning armor to fight her battles and if she did, she’d speak out. 

Because you took a side :lmao: you don't get to fight this hard for a side and then say you didn't have a side, or that you're not a fan. It's not about whether or not you buy the shitty music or like the shitty music, you're fighting for him and doing so on the wrong side.....that's stanning harder than a purchase could.

And "big sister" can, but that doesn't stop me from fighting for what's right and for her & any womans rights. I respect her decision to move past it, I'm not pushing for her involvement at all, I'm not pushing for her apology or her ban being taken down in the hopes that it means she'll do it again or even for the possibility, I am because they fucked her over, all parties that did admitted they did, and choose to do nothing to make it right and clear her name besides the occassional interview or mention. I stand for womens rights without having to be one or without having to be invited by them to, I wouldn't be able to look in the mirror and have a clear consious if I feel the way I do about womens rights and let this issue go by without my involvement in this movement.

• Upvote 2

Because you took a side :lmao: you don't get to fight this hard for a side and then say you didn't have a side, or that you're not a fan. It's not about whether or not you buy the shitty music or like the shitty music, you're fighting for him and doing so on the wrong side.....that's stanning harder than a purchase could.

And "big sister" can, but that doesn't stop me from fighting for what's right and for her & any womans rights. I respect her decision to move past it, I'm not pushing for her involvement at all, I'm not pushing for her apology or her ban being taken down in the hopes that it means she'll do it again or even for the possibility, I am because they fucked her over, all parties that did admitted they did, and choose to do nothing to make it right and clear her name besides the occassional interview or mention. I stand for womens rights without having to be one or without having to be invited by them to, I wouldn't be able to look in the mirror and have a clear consious if I feel the way I do about womens rights and let this issue go by without my involvement in this movement.

go in though :coffee: u know what its not about that with the members here for or against, its about what's right I dont care, that's what this is and you sticking to your guns coming back and not stopping I can respect that

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

.Nah, you're too much on his side & too against the right side to not have a side in this, you keep changing the narrative, because you are on that side lol. I didn't say you supported Trump, I'm saying your defense in Justin has been Trump like, changing the narrative, belittlling the other sides success & support, and  belittling the issue. Justin's actions say Janet doesn't matter, and that he doesn't give a shit about the double standards and all the isms that him being able to do it freely while she could at this point never stand for. Aww that's cute you think I would watch, I'd never give rattings to support of racism, sexism, & anti-Janet Jackson, that aint me, but to each their own. I don't care that Janet moved on, it's a injustice period, and there's a chance now, for the 1st time to attempt making it right.

and there it is Jarryl!!!! That's what they don't get. Janet moved on cause there's nothing else she can do and but the Black and Urban community (and some whites) will always remember it and will always bring up issues like this until it is dealt with accordingly so that it doesn't keep happening. I'd wanna move on from something too that people including millions of racists blame me for each time it's brought up but i'll never forget. She knows we will continue to speak up for her and that we got her back no matter what.

• Upvote 2

the damage is done I guess I'll be leaving -_-  as far as Janet is concerned theres not a damn thing thats going to fix what happen. BUT that doesn't mean its okay to say well he can do the SB, like huh? :mellow: after all that shit that went down? I dont think so :filenails: 

Yea, put simply it's not about her today or in the future, it's about the way she was treated period, and because it's personal for her, it was her life it was her fight, she lived it and she came through, and is still fighting....it's different for her point of view, what we're fighting for is the fact that its not right, and it never has been, and sweeping how they treated her under the rug and bringing him out to be the knight in basic armor will not stand and go by un-ch allenged, he will not get out of this squeaky clean UNLESS he turns it down or on a major public level acknowlege the wrong doing. This is all on his & the NFL's shoulders, their moves say everything

Oh and to the ban only being issued by CBS, the NFL released  a statement years ago when there were names going around of who's gonna be the next performer (it was Katy that year), and the NFL said the only person they would not consider is Janet Jackson.....The ban is still on & strong. They can say that....and on the other hand admit they over-reacted and handled her too harshly, Justin said the word double standard...in how this went down....but saying that chooses to use his advantage for him and not to shed brighter light on the acknowleged double standard ..fuck em all & fight em all. Their move, we're ready.

Edited by jarrylf

Lmao idk what personal quarrels y'all are having in here

but I just want it to be known that this double standard that the NFL has concocted here is sponsored by racism and sexism <3

and MUSTIN is going to hell for exposing a black woman's breast on national tv without her consent. 

Yea, put simply it's not about her today or in the future, it's about the way she was treated period, and because it's personal for her, it was her life it was her fight, she lived it and she came through, and is still fighting....it's different for her point of view, what we're fighting for is the fact that its not right, and it never has been, and sweeping how they treated her under the rug and bringing him out to be the knight in basic armor will not stand and go by un-ch allenged, he will not get out of this squeaky clean UNLESS he turns it down or on a major public level acknowlege the wrong doing. T his is all on his & the NFL's shoulders, their moves say everything

Oh and to the ban only being issued by CBS, they released  a statement years ago when there were names going around of who's gonna be the next performer (it was Katy that year), and the NFL said the only person they would not consider is Janet Jackson.....The ban is still on & strong. They can say that....and on the other hand admit they over-reacted and handled her too harshly, Justin said the word double standard...in how this went down....but saying that chooses to use his advantage for him and not to shed brighter light on the acknowleged double standard ..fuck em all & fight em all. Their move, we're ready.

If he even did the gig let's say, these folks all go on a press promotional, interviews, official press conference with media outlets, and the questions will be harsh, I can't imagine from a media outlet's stand point that the bigger story wouldnt be "but what about the Janet Jackson nipplegate" every other question will reverberate around what has already happen. Now if he wanna sit there and deal, go head let's see that shit cause I dont see it not happening if it goes down.

• Upvote 1

Lmao idk what personal quarrels y'all are having in here

but I just want it to be known that this double standard that the NFL has concocted here is sponsored by racism and sexism <3

and MUSTIN is going to hell for exposing a black woman's breast on national tv without her consent

you ppl are nuts for this kind of extreme shit :blink::blink::blink:

And who told him to? 

You're missing the point here. It doesn't matter who told him. He's a grown ass man who can make decisions for himself. If he didn't think this was a good idea he could of said "No".... However, he decided to throw her under the bus. I'm over the situation of what all transpire. I'm just pissed that they actually going to let him perform. Yet Janet is still blacklisted from many didn't events. Like this is a bunch of bullshit!

• Upvote 1

No one who was thrown under the bus told him to which is what we're fighting for, the narrative will not be changed. Until the director or anyone involved in the show outs that this was Janets idea (which in turn would contradict what they were saying for years that the idea was brought to them) then the false narrative of it being "Janets idea" with no proof is silly. :coffee:

• Upvote 1