Justin Timberlake in Talks for Super Bowl Halftime Show 2018

Dal

Except JT has been rumored to do it since, what, August? 

Yeah rumored but now it's confirmed. I'ma need you to sign this petition they got going on :filenails: 

https://www.change.org/p/nfl-stop-justin-timberlake-from-performing-at-the-2018-super-bowl?recruiter=69948584&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_for_starters_page

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

All those affiliates deserve dragging as well as Justin cayse he knows he fucked her over  (the ET thing) and joined with the opposition to shit on her and acknowledges that he did. If he can acknowledge that he didnt do the right thing yet somehow sees it perfectly justified and fair that he deserves to be forgiven but she doesn't, fuck his basic tone deaf opportunistic ass along with them. He earned this dragging by not turning the offer down & doing so publically...hell even privately wouldve been a silent protest and warrent respectable recognition.....like many were quick to give him when he acknowledged he didnt handle it right, the test of that acknowledgement was this, and he failed.:coffee:

He didn’t fuck her over and he didn’t do anything to Janet. It was Janet’s idea.. he was a pawn in her scheme. 

You JT haters are too funny 

This 10x Grammy, international icon deserves to headline the Super Bowl more than anyone else right now

Who turns down the Super Bowl? The money and press alone is enough for anyone (except Jay-Z) to sign up. “Fuck Janet...” says anyone lined up to headline the biggest event of the year

• Downvote 2

:lmao: I ain’t electronically signing that shit :lmao: 

Rumored = they were in talks before the taking the knee and the entire NFL stood up to Trump and his racism

I’m all for an entertaining Super Bowl Halftime show and I will be watching Justin murder the stage

• Downvote 1

So apparently JT's stans are claiming that he is trying to get them to let Janet join him. ?

Now, I HIGHLY doubt this is true but even if I was I'm quite sure Janet would decline

BUT CAN YOU IMAGINE??? THAT WOULD BE THE HIGHEST RATED HALFTIME SHOW IN HISTORY :mellow: you wouldn't be able to top that viewership

He didn’t fuck her over and he didn’t do anything to Janet. It was Janet’s idea.. he was a pawn in her scheme. 

You JT haters are too funny 

This 10x Grammy, international icon deserves to headline the Super Bowl more than anyone else right now

Who turns down the Super Bowl? The money and press alone is enough for anyone (except Jay-Z) to sign up. “Fuck Janet...” says anyone lined up to headline the biggest event of the year

.....He called a meeting with ET to shit on her in a tearful scared whiny bitch fashion....then when their time was up, chased them down to let out some more shit. He went out of his way to align himself with her oppressors. How he couldve not been the opposition? Say nothing about her. AND who's idea it was is irrelevant, what is more relevant is he admitted he was wrong and the NFL admitted they were and still her ban gets over looked for a white man.

You JT lovers are funnier and on the wrong side of history 

Jay-Z turned them down and hes a bigger name and actually talented, AND likely would've given a better show, and no, & he deserved to headline way more than Justin. Drake could, Kanye could, Kendrick could, Rihanna could, hell Bieber could and itd suck just as much & be just as tone deaf to issues, but he'd bring in rattings. And no, the only way a headliner is saying "fuck Janet" is if that headliner is Justin Timberlake. If Justin was a man of character and actually meant what he said about "realizing" he handled it wrong, or worth a shred of my respect, he would've turned it down out of respect & dignity....but thatd be expecting too much dignity from such a undignified person, by accepting whilst knowing the entire situation is fucked up for her, hes aligning himself with her oppressors again to keep her oppression going like a conversation in a mutha fuckin cafe:coffee:

Edited by jarrylf

So apparently JT's stans are claiming that he is trying to get them to let Janet join him. ?

Now, I HIGHLY doubt this is true but even if I was I'm quite sure Janet would decline

BUT CAN YOU IMAGINE??? THAT WOULD BE THE HIGHEST RATED HALFTIME SHOW IN HISTORY :mellow: you wouldn't be able to top that viewership

Although it'd be 14yrs late i'd actually kind of be cool if he apologized on air and at least asked to have her ban lifted.

Although it'd be 14yrs late i'd actually kind of be cool if he apologized on air and at least asked to have her ban lifted.

That definitely would be a great moment for the pop culture history books. But it seems so farfetched but Im with Game on this and always agreed with him about this issue. I've moved on with life a decade ago.  

.....He called a meeting with ET to shit on her in a tearful scared whiny bitch fashion....then when their time was up, chased them down to let out some more shit. He went out of his way to align himself with her oppressors. How he couldve not been the opposition? Say nothing about her. AND who's idea it was is irrelevant, what is more relevant is he admitted he was wrong and the NFL admitted they were and still her ban gets over looked for a white man.

You JT lovers are funnier and on the wrong side of history 

Jay-Z turned them down and hes a bigger name and actually talented, AND likely would've given a better show, and no, & he deserved to headline way more than Justin. Drake could, Kanye could, Kendrick could, Rihanna could, hell Bieber could and itd suck just as much & be just as tone deaf to issues, but he'd bring in rattings. And no, the only way a headliner is saying "fuck Janet" is if that headliner is Justin Timberlake. If Justin was a man of character and actually meant what he said about "realizing" he handled it wrong, or worth a shred of my respect, he would've turned it down out of respect & dignity....but thatd be expecting too much dignity from such a undignified person. :coffee:

ET stopped him on the way to his heartless hole. 

He went out his way to save his career. What Janet do? Flew to her hotel room then back to the clouds from which she descended?

Is Janet even banned anymore? 

Jay-Z turned them down in support of the movement (I glanced at a headline)

Rappers could not. Well maybe Drake but the rest, no. Kanye is a hell no fo’ Lyfe

Beaver doesn’t have anything to promote

Why is his character the only pop star whose character we place under a microscope. Anyone would have done what he did in his shoes. He was pawn in the Queen’s game of Chess. 

It will be 14 years. Four...Teen.. Years 

Even Michael forgave Pepsi... and they literally burned him. 

What Janet did was seen as inexcusable. And taboo in 2004. We weren’t ready. But it was her show. She was the captain of the ship. She’s in control, remember? Or is that only good events?

• Upvote 1

I’ve seen tweets random people WANTING Janet to join but I don’t think neither the NFL nor Janet would be on board. Probably not even Timberlake

This would excel her to career not to mention AN AMAZING way to promote her tour overseas if it goes that far in 2018. 

That would be the kicker. We all win including the NFL

If this isn’t apologetic, idk what is

“I wish I had supported Janet more (during the 2004 wardrobe malfunction Super Bowl controversy). I’m not sorry I apologized, but I wish I had been there more for Janet.”

If this isn’t apologetic, idk what is

“I wish I had supported Janet more (during the 2004 wardrobe malfunction Super Bowl controversy). I’m not sorry I apologized, but I wish I had been there more for Janet.”

That's no way an apology to Janet. "I wish I had supported" is not the same as "I'm sorry for not being there for Janet" or "I apologize for my actions regarding throwing Janet under the bus and letting her take the blame."

• Upvote 1

Bc of his wife :coffee: 

They Stayyyyyy tryna minimize Justin's impact and popularity. Each time he drops, doesnt he hit the 1 mill mark in the first week? Who else is doing it? Not even Beyonce. Doesnt his tours sellout in record number speeds? Like...what more does this man have to do to prove he is a MAJOR force and a gigantic entity in the music world? I mean.. the man could do stadiums if he wanted to but he's at the bottom of the popularity pole,right? :lmao: 

Edited by janetDAYZ

They Stayyyyyy tryna minimize Justin's impact and popularity. Each time he drops, doesnt he hit the 1 mill mark in the first week? Doesnt his tours sellout in record number speeds? Like...what more does this man have to do to prove his is a MAJOR force and a gigantic entity in the music world? I mean.. the man could do stadiums if he wanted to but he's at the bottom of the popularity pole. :lmao: 

They have blocked his success out over and over but the people love him... whether he’s acting, singing, performing... JT is a powerhouse. 

• Upvote 1

so then shut the fuck up then...because you said some shit before, made it like the people here couldnt comprehend it got checked on that by multiple people and now you're mad and calling names....with your depressed ass :mellow:  you sound like a pluck muthafucking fool talking to me bitch...and let this be the last time we speak....I dont like you move the fuck on

no one in here checked me and you damn sure can't string a sensible statement together, which is clear with this nonsense you posted here.

ET stopped him on the way to his heartless hole. 

He went out his way to save his career. What Janet do? Flew to her hotel room then back to the clouds from which she descended?

Is Janet even banned anymore? 

Jay-Z turned them down in support of the movement (I glanced at a headline)

Rappers could not. Well maybe Drake but the rest, no. Kanye is a hell no fo’ Lyfe

Beaver doesn’t have anything to promote

Why is his character the only pop star whose character we place under a microscope. Anyone would have done what he did in his shoes. He was pawn in the Queen’s game of Chess. 

It will be 14 years. Four...Teen.. Years 

What Janet did was seen as inexcusable. And taboo in 2004. We weren’t ready. But it was her show. She was the captain of the ship. She’s in control, remember? Or is that only good events?

LOFL YES Janets still banned its been adressed, and its been shown obvious, when they hit their milestone show and showed iconic moments from the halftime shows but showed no parts of her it was clear (even tho it has been confirmed) that shes not on good terms with them.

Again, declining is sokeyhing with charachter would do, Jay yes, Just no. Rappers deserve the chanc and the right to headline the show. They've been featured for years.

And he's the only one who's character deserves to be questioned because hes the only one who was involved other than Janet. And with him admitting he knew he fucked her over (thus admitting he did something lacking character), supporting a movement to keep her surpressed shows his character has not grown despite his massive hindsite abilities. And yes most pop stars and people in the entertainment industry would publically shit on someone considered a friend in need, but that excuse isnt good enough and doesn't make doing the wrong thing right.

Theres no statue of limitations on fucked up shit getting fixed, for racism & sexism theres no statue of limitations. Ignoring it makes it OK and "right" to continue to happen.

Like I get that JT fans really go for his bland basicness but fact is by accepting this he's aligning himself & his career on the wrong side of history in the most obvious ways. Hell you pointing out that Jay dropped for the cause.....what the hell does it look like to have his suck up 2nd choice ass jump right in to say "fuck the cause, fuck Janet, I need to promote". Theres no scenario that him doing it while shes banned or while theres a controversy going on where thats gonna be a good look for him or his supporters. The mere fact that non Janet fans are dumping on him says this is bigger than the fact that we dont like him because he shat on her (or because of his basic "talent" in general), its that he's doing the wrong thing.

Edited by jarrylf

LOFL YES Janets still banned its been adressed, and its been shown obvious, when they hit their milestone show and showed iconic moments from the halftime shows but showed no parts of her it was clear (even tho it has been confirmed) that shes not on good terms with them.

Again, declining is sokeyhing with charachter would do, Jay yes, Just no. Rappers deserve the chanc and the right to headline the show. They've been featured for years.

And he's the only one who's character deserves to be questioned because hes the only one who was involved other than Janet. And with him admitting he knew he fucked her over (thus admitting he did something lacking character), supporting a movement to keep her surpressed shows his character has not grown despite his massive hindsite abilities. And yes most pop stars and people in the entertainment industry would publically shit on someone considered a friend in need, but that excuse isnt good enough and doesn't make doing the wrong thing right.

Theres no statue of limitations on fucked up shit getting fixed, for racism & sexism theres no statue of limitations. Ignoring it makes it OK and "right" to continue to happen.

Like I get that JT fans really go for his bland basicness but fact is by accepting this he's aligning himself & his career on the wrong side of history in the most obvious ways. Hell you pointing out that Jay dropped for the cause.....what the hell does it look like to have his suck up 2nd choice ass jump right in to say "fuck the cause, fuck Janet, I need to promote". Theres no scenario that him doing it while shes banned or while theres a controversy going on where thats gonna be a good look for him or his supporters. The mere fact that non Janet fans are dumping on him says this is bigger than the fact that we dont like him because he shat on her (or because of his basic "talent" in general), its that he's doing the wrong thing.

Declining to headline the biggest show of the year bc something that happened 13 years ago is silly

Four...teen... years ago. Let it go.

Rappers will have a difficult time headlining compared to a pop star

Apparently there is a statute of limitations. Just ask Our racist president and that elf from Alabama who are two prime examples of “who tf cares what happened in the past” 

There’s a million+ dollar with major promotion scenario. A dream scenario for many up & comers ??‍♂️ It’s not about Janet.

Again

Declining to headline the biggest show of the year bc something that happened 13 years ago is silly

Four...teen... years ago. Let it go.

Rappers will have a difficult time headlining compared to a pop star

Apparently there is a statute of limitations. Just ask Our racist president and that elf from Alabama who are two prime examples of “who tf cares what happened in the past” 

There’s a million+ dollar with major promotion scenario. A dream scenario for many up & comers ??‍♂️ It’s not about Janet.

Again

You say "silly" actual answer dignified and a bold ass move to say you dont need it.

13yrs or 3mins, letting it go makes it "acceptable". I dont think its acceptable, same way I dont for statue of limitations for crime, like pepple telling the Cosby accusers to hush up cause its been so long & its nothing that can be done to right the wrong. But hanging the guilty out to dry & drag works these days too.

Rappers have a MUCH easier time now since they're dominating in a way few pop stars are.

Yes we know Trump says racism, sexism, & xenophobia and a shit ton of wrong things are acceptable, but like we all know, just cause Trump says it doesnt make it true, & best yet all that bullshit is being fought against in strong numbers & voices....and this subject fits right on in.

Pepsi was paying Michael large sums of money for his sponsorship, and they paid him more for the accident.......not even REMOTELY comparable, hell you wouldve had a better shot comparing MJ & the family forgiving La Toya, but even then, came after public apologies (MJ's especially).

I do remember it was his song, his hand, and in the 10 year interview with the halftime director it being pointed out that she doesnt remember whos idea it was, and it also being pointed out that it was Justin removing the piece too soon regardless of the outcome. But what's most important to remember is former heads of the NFL, & the FCC verbally acknowledging they did more in that situation to her than what was required, & Justin admitting he handled it wrong. All those acknowledgements are cute but actions speak louder than words, and his here say he dont give a fuck, and actually he doesnt have to.....but it makes him a shitty person, the same one who called the ET camera crew. You keep pointing out how long its been, but that makes the case for how fucked up it is that they refuse to lift the ban & shaming. 1.3.ye.ar.s. is too long for this punishment & inequality 

Edited by jarrylf

You say "silly" actual answer dignified and a bold ass move to say you dont need it.

13yrs or 3mins, letting it go makes it "acceptable". I dont think its acceptable, same way I dont for statue of limitations for crime, like pepple telling the Cosby accusers to hush up cause its been so long & its nothing that can be done to right the wrong. But hanging the guilty out to dry & drag works these days too.

Rappers have a MUCH easier time now since they're dominating in a way few pop stars are.

Yes we know Trump says racism, sexism, & xenophobia and a shit ton of wrong things are acceptable, but like we all know, just cause Trump says it doesnt make it true, & best yet all that bullshit is being fought against in strong numbers & voices....and this subject fits right on in.

Pepsi was paying Michael large sums of money, and they paid him more for the accident.......not even REMOTELY comparable, hell you wouldve had a better shot comparing MJ & the family forgiving La Toya, but even then, came after public apologies (MJ's especially).

I do remember it was his song, his hand, and in the 10 year interview with the halftime director it being pointed out that she doesnt remember whos idea it was, and it also being pointed out that it was Justin removing the piece too soon regardless. But what's most important to remember is former heads of the NFL, & the FCC verbally acknowledging they did more in that situation to her than what was required, & Justin admitting he handled it wrong. All those acknowledgements are cute but actions speak louder than words, and his here say he dont give a fuck, and actually he doesnt have to.....but it makes him a shitty person, the same one who called the ET camera crew. You keep pointing out how long its been, but that makes the case for how fucked up it is that they refuse to lift the ban & shaming. 1.3.ye.ar.s. is too long for this punishment & inequality 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1