Justin Timberlake in Talks for Super Bowl Halftime Show 2018

Dal

You say "silly" actual answer dignified and a bold ass move to say you dont need it.

13yrs or 3mins, letting it go makes it "acceptable". I dont think its acceptable, same way I dont for statue of limitations for crime, like pepple telling the Cosby accusers to hush up cause its been so long & its nothing that can be done to right the wrong. But hanging the guilty out to dry & drag works these days too.

Rappers have a MUCH easier time now since they're dominating in a way few pop stars are.

Yes we know Trump says racism, sexism, & xenophobia and a shit ton of wrong things are acceptable, but like we all know, just cause Trump says it doesnt make it true, & best yet all that bullshit is being fought against in strong numbers & voices....and this subject fits right on in.

Pepsi was paying Michael large sums of money for his sponsorship, and they paid him more for the accident.......not even REMOTELY comparable, hell you wouldve had a better shot comparing MJ & the family forgiving La Toya, but even then, came after public apologies (MJ's especially).

I do remember it was his song, his hand, and in the 10 year interview with the halftime director it being pointed out that she doesnt remember whos idea it was, and it also being pointed out that it was Justin removing the piece too soon regardless of the outcome. But what's most important to remember is former heads of the NFL, & the FCC verbally acknowledging they did more in that situation to her than what was required, & Justin admitting he handled it wrong. All those acknowledgements are cute but actions speak louder than words, and his here say he dont give a fuck, and actually he doesnt have to.....but it makes him a shitty person, the same one who called the ET camera crew. You keep pointing out how long its been, but that makes the case for how fucked up it is that they refuse to lift the ban & shaming. 1.3.ye.ar.s. is too long for this punishment & inequality 

“13 Years a Boob” I thought of it first 

You can’t compare rape to thinking it was a good idea to flash the world a boob 

Pop stars will be above rappers. 

Nope bc MJ was literally burned whereas Janet was figuratively burned. I think the comparison is in-par. 

His song, his hand, her mastermind. He was blindsided. His role in this was pure pawn. Janet ruled the board 

The issue here (with you specifically.. Bailey’s outcry is temporary and unnecessary) is you never liked him ??‍♂️ So why start now? You won’t like him before or after the Super Bowl 

• Upvote 1

“13 Years a Boob” I thought of it first 

You can’t compare rape to thinking it was a good idea to flash the world a boob 

Pop stars will be above rappers. 

Nope bc MJ was literally burned whereas Janet was figuratively burned. I think the comparison is in-par. 

His song, his hand.

The issue here (with you specifically.. Bailey’s outcry is temporary and unnecessary) is you never liked him ??‍♂️ So why start now? You won’t like him before or after the Super Bowl 

Thats not what Im comparing, im comparing them doing more than required in the name of "we had to have a bad guy" and their sexism & racism behind it.

Thats just your opinion tho, rappers (the names I mentioned anyway) have been owning award shows with better & more creative performances for years now.

Nope, MJ was burned & they paid him tons not to go against them & to stay with them, not comparable

And thats the part we know is factual, cause again, the director's opinion on the rest....legit ain't that.

The fact that I never liked him, just puts me on the right side of history for this moment here. Even if I did I would beg that he'd step down because, theres no way this will work for him. And its not about me liking him, he has to get a entirely different singing voice or retire from music to be a SNL cast member in order to make that happen fully. This is about the sexism & racism behind her treatment to this day, & that its just viewed as OK, & that Justin again is in line with the oppressive side. Him being on the right side wont make him anyless basic in my eyes, but it would prove me wrong about him being a dishonorable shitty out of touch person.

Thats not what Im comparing, im comparing them doing more than required in the name of "we had to have a bad guy" and their sexism & racism behind it.

Thats just your opinion tho, rappers (the names I mentioned anyway) have been owning award shows with better & more creative performances for years now.

Nope, MJ was burned & they paid him tons not to go against them & to stay with them, not comparable

And thats the part we know is factual, cause again, the director's opinion on the rest....legit ain't that.

The fact that I never liked him, just puts me on the right side of history for this moment here. Even if I did I would beg that he'd step down because, theres no way this will work for him. And its not about me liking him, he has to get a entirely different singing voice or retire from music to be a SNL cast member in order to make that happen fully. This is about the sexism & racism behind her treatment to this day, & that its just viewed as OK, & that Justin again is in line with the oppressive side. Him being on the right side wont make him anyless basic in my eyes, but it would prove me wrong about him being a dishonorable shitty out of touch person.

The bad “guy” was the mastermind

Kanye is overrated garbage.

We know it was Janet’s idea... her boat.. her crew. 

The fact that you never liked him makes you biased towards this subject.

Step down from President of Pop? You silly rabbit. JT isn’t racist. He’s just an asshole looking out for Justin. I wish you had this passion for Trump’s presidency

Step down from President of Pop? You silly rabbit. JT isn’t racist. He’s just an asshole looking out for Justin. I wish you had this passion for Trump’s presidency

And according to the director, neither of them were the mastermind.....so yea no the bad guy aint Janet, thus should not have been treated like she was as they admitted they did.

Thats your opinion, mine is that you can replace Kanye's name with Justin & say the same thing. We can both argue that the success speaks for itself.

Again, its been said by the director it wasnt. And the victim shaming is pointless on that angle because "who's fault/idea" is fake news and not what the subjects about. Even if it was 100% her formed idea fully, the issue is how she was handled & treated, which all her oppressors  (Timberpuss included) later admitted was shitty, and wants to act like its by keeping her ban on strong. 

Sweet Game, how you miss that the bias is a 2 way street between us....the same is easily applied to Justin stans, because you guys love all his basic ass makes you guys JUST as bias. :coffee: But....on this side of the bias....we get to be on the right side of History & mortality & decency. I never liked Trump (another fake president) either, so yea my opinion on him is biased.....but on the right side of history... he isnt racist sure (ignorant about race and the struggle proven many times including this), but hes aligned himself (again & his supporters) on the wrong side of the conversation. And Ive always been against shitty "Presidents" and have always been on the right side of the issues...which remains true here, so Im doing great in fighting for equality across^_^

Edited by jarrylf

and the fact that you seem to be in love with JT, even going so far as to give him that contrived title "President of Pop" which sounds equally as ridiculous as "Empress of Pop" ....these facts don't make you biased too?  Sometimes it sounds like you sucking on him or something, like is that good to you? :unsure: I've had plenty of boys that looked better than JT <_<

Edited by Bailey.

There's not much to email until he's confirmed as the act, IMO.  

But as a member of The Recording Academy, I've written several times to Neil Portnow and even some of the Governors calling on them to issue an apology to Janet.  I've yet to receive a response.  

If the FCC apologized to Janet then so should these guys

There's not much to email until he's confirmed as the act, IMO.  

But as a member of The Recording Academy, I've written several times to Neil Portnow and even some of the Governors calling on them to issue an apology to Janet.  I've yet to receive a response.  

I don't think Janet cares about NARAS ...Im glad you took action though and wrote them. I think emailing them now before he is confirmed makes reversing the decision a lot easier when it hasn't been made, if they are thinking JT, after a strong united front to stop him, they will pull the plug in time to find someone else

So on Xone, some of them discussed Janet as a surprise guest with Justin, which is crazy as bat shit......a few members said if she did that they would lose respect for Janet. Of course we don't have to worry about that because Janet would never do that...I don't think she wants to talk SB ever!

and the fact that you seem to be in love with JT, even going so far as to give him that contrived title "President of Pop" which sounds equally as ridiculous as "Empress of Pop" ....these facts don't make you biased too?  Sometimes it sounds like you sucking on him or something, like is that good to you? :unsure: I've had plenty of boys that looked better than JT <_<

I’ve never bought a ticket to his show or owned an album ??‍♂️

I wish I could suck his southern ass 

I know you mad bc he’s a big fucking deal but he’s a big fucking deal #DealWithIt

Edited by State of the Game

I’ve never bought a ticket to his show or owned an album ??‍♂️

I wish I could suck his southern ass 

I know you mad bc he’s a big fucking deal but he’s a big fucking deal #DealWithIt

I have to disagree. Justin’s not a big deal. Talented: debatable but I think so. Def attractive with star power. But he’s in that weird hazy place Beyoncé was in right before her Super Bowl. Yes, the Grammys and their stans loved them. And people agreed they were pop stars, but Beyoncé (at the time) and he Now wasn’t/isn’t exactly pumping out hit after hit or selling impressive amounts of albums. He’s doing fine, but not like his female counterparts or the guys that came before him. And Bieber is about to surpass him in legacy. Beyoncé used the SuperBowl to solidify herself as a touring act and reinvigorate interest in her brand. Then came the Mrs. Carter tour and her 2 subsequent albums did well. Justin is likely trying the same thing.

Janet is going to have so much support it's not even funny.  I'm just glad she's in a different place now where she doesn't have to hide and she can embrace the love. This story is making her rounds on cable news as well. And you know Justin will try to cover Prince since it's in Minneapolis and princes fans will not be having it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have to disagree. Justin’s not a big deal. 

Oh? Then you’re out of touch with reality

His previous album(s) sold 6Million overall.. The first week sales topped his previous efforts, meaning he’s growing and not declining like most from his era.. but sales don’t matter? A rating on Metacritic of 75 :coffee: 

The tour to support those albums captured $232M...The second highest gross of the year and one of the top selling tours of the decade

Boy bye :lmao: :coffee: 

Thats not to mention his highly rated SNL appearances that breaks social media, his film career.. He’s on his way to be legend.... wait for it.. better than his peers :coffee: 

DARY

Edited by State of the Game

I have to disagree. Justin’s not a big deal. 

I have NEVER seen a group of ppl act so blind to one's success, accomplishments and impact. Justin isn't a big deal??? :blink:

Each time Beyonce and JT released around the same time...he CRUSHED her sales. She even moved her release date that year she did SB because she knew JT was returning around that same time with 20/20 and said "nope , he ain't bout to rain on my parade". Beyonce avoids going head to head with him...it's not a couple coincidence...she already learned her lesson a few times...so that should tell you something. Y'all stay ignoring FACTS cus of your dislike for him. It's a troubling look for you and other "he ain't much" sayers. His stats has prove time and time again.. the public always anticipates his projects that's why his first weeks be HUGE much bigger than the ", hottest chick in the game". It's called research. Use it. Stop being delusional ppl. He IS a force. He IS one of the biggest pop stars in the world. His numbers and stats are on par and/ or exceeds other acts. Google. Please. 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 1