Justin Timberlake in Talks for Super Bowl Halftime Show 2018

Dal

After finding a ticket at a price I found acceptable, I set out to see Justin Timberlake live. Bare in mind I had seen him on his joint tour with Christina 10 years ago at the same venue. I wondered was the show going to have an audience? How big would the set be? Would there be slow moments that dragged the energy down? I walked into the show without doing any youtube viewing did not check the setlist again beyond the one time I had to count songs from JT's current album. So I left it all to surprise...I get to the venue, and there is a huge amount of traffic...which indicates, good crowd first impressions....it took about 20 minutes to get into the parking lot. Justin Timberlake actually succeeded in bringing out a crowd that filled the arena on a cool weather Michigan Monday.

Once in the venue I decided it was time to check this crowd out, who came to see JT? Mostly white females, no surprises there, and age varied, although I would say the crowd was a mature enough crowd that were clearly fans of JT that grew with him over the years. One thing of note next to very few people of color was present in these parts justin attracts a mostly upscale white audience... I next decided to check out that stage, meaning how big how over the topt was it? I must admit his show was not big on frills, no pyro, no smoke per se, but he did have a huge panel of video screen that went from the stage to the ceiling.

There was a lot of energy!, One thing I must say is JT managed to keep the crowd on their feet the entire show without ever feeling rehearsed, he managed to actually be spontaneous, at one point , which was really cool, a lady directly behind me had a sign up stating it was her birthday, JT couldn't make out her name and we all repeated it "Reem" she was Arabic, anywho JT had the crowd sing Happy Birthday to this young woman who was crying and so excited right behind me.

The stage actually moved up and then OVER the crowd...it went from the very front of the concert floor to the back where JT continued his set for a minute including "Let the Groove In" ..it was amazing to see JT actually perform and work the entire arena, not just the privileged ones in the front (like me :) ) and it worked, people clapped when he said clap, people sang when he said help me out...problem was, more recent material folks did not know the lyrics to as well and those sing alongs didn't work but were not noticed by many. I also noticed he performed BBD's "Poison" which I rocked out to, and I don't know if that crowd even remebered the song....For a split moment JT did "Vibrant Thing" from Q-tip, I wondered if anyone noticed that....Michael Jackson's "Human Nature" was done, he did well, I would have liked less have the crowd sing along and more let us hear you...but it worked...some of the biggest high lights of the night were of course his hit songs, the ones we all remember, and that's where the show stood on it's best ground, "Cry Me a River" "Like I Love You" "Love Stoned" "Sexyback" ....every hit JT has, he performs and you feel that magic.

What I did not expect was a show that seemingly didn't have theatrical change, I mean there was no defining one moment from the next, the stage did not have set pieces that changed besides a piano, he did not do much with wardrobe, he may have changed a shirt here and there, but nothing that was a spectacle, which may have been fine because the band and the music was enough to keep us going, plus JT is very comfortable on stage, and actually quite humorous, I found him to be funny and making jokes on more than one occasion

People around me, mostly women, actually hit on me :blink: and I enjoyed the show, I enjoyed the music end, and JT worked the energy of the crowd to his advantage, he stayed dancing and I noticed even I was exhausted, but he worked tonight, thats to be respected. No one sat for this show, we were all on our feet.. All in all it was definitely worth seeing, JT has studied the greats and has translated that into his own act, and he easily performs...I wanted to see more of a show that had more frills and set changes, but the music seemed to be all blended in, that was sorta distracting because it felt like structure was missing that took you from okay here's a song from his debut and we're working through his music in sequence....not so...I had to think okay which album is this from? :unsure:

Where was your outrage?! #HypocrisyNO!

Edited by State of the Game

OOOOOOP!! Fuck Bailey’s fake outrage is so cute tho

:lmao: oh shit!!! Bailey did go to his show and loved it :lmao: 

FUCKKKKKKKKKK :lmao: now Bailey’s gotta flip flop.. Jarryl has to find a new protest buddy... this is some Trumped up stuff 

Yes, his outrage is highly questionable. At least I genuinely believe the other cry babies , while his tears seem forced for some fan validation or something. 

Yeah Bailey had pix of him at JT show and everything. If you are so outraged by him WHY WERE YOU AT HIS SHOW? How could you come on Janet's board everyday with a "sense of pride" :lmao: You supported an act that you're talking shit about now only cus its popular and convenient. EXPOSED!!!:lmao:

• Upvote 1

Yes, his outrage is highly questionable. At least I genuinely believe the other cry babies , while his tears seem forced for some fan validation or something. 

Yeah Bailey had pix of him at JT show and everything. If you are so outraged by him WHY WERE YOU AT HIS SHOW? How could you come on Janet's board everyday with a "sense of pride" :lmao: You supported an act that you're talking shit about now only cus its popular and convenient. EXPOSED!!!:lmao:

I’m just gonna sit and wait for his response :coffee: 

• Upvote 1

I've seen plenty of acts, Beyonce, Madonna, and Justin, does that mean what is taking place is okay? I've called out the double standard here, and the fact Janet was treated like garbage and that doesnt change anything here about this topic. Ive not gone against JT doing anything else, but the SB? That's some bull....I even said in that same thread

"we should not be going here, but I will quickly add that when "Rock Your Body" played I quickly thought, this song and what happen, but then I remembered its a good song and I jammed instead."

Going to a show, and believing this is not some racist double standard are two very different things :mellow:   if you dont see that I dont know what to tell you

Jarryl has to find a new protest buddy... 

......that would be such a cold line or move if I were on the side with the least amount of support....its not like in this whole thread its only been 2 people on the right side of History here :coffee:

The NFL in 2004 were definitely sexist. There’s no doubt about that. The NFL in 2017 has gotten better in terms of gender (women announcer) and racism (taking a knee against Trump). 

Justin was never banned 13 years ago ??‍♂️Janet was banned for scheming an unapproved performance. Janet used Justin. Remember, he’s not smart enough to come up with that on his own :coffee: 

What? That logic doesn't add up. The fact that they still hold her ban though they & all who did too much acknowlege they did but wont change it, sexism. And racism is the issue now, even how they try to change what the narrative of what taking the knee is about.

Wrong, they both were banned. It was publically announced that way. Everyone knows he's stupid, that goes without saying, but again, victim shaming Janet as if she earned it for "settin up simple Justy" isnt the right side of History today, because the issue isnt and (no matter how much you try to make) won't be about whos idea it was since it was neither of theirs

Can ya'll move this thread to the other side? This has nothing to do with Janet. :umm:

I agree, its about sexism & racism now, it should be with the rest of the common discussions. Making it "her fault" makes it about her.....& 1 side (with more than 2 people) aint about that :coffee:

Basically, they keep trying to make the false narrative that this is about whos idea it was, or about his success despite all of his mediocrity. The thing that we have for us taking this from the cute van vs. hater debate is this is a real issue right now and its not getting smaller and they arent getting allies...but we are....by the minute seemingly....and if he confirms....he really would be dumber than I thought, more tone death to issues than I thought, & more of a disgusting dishonorable asshole than hes already proven to be through the years. :coffee:

this is the point, its bigger than a concert this entire debate is bigger than both artists, its about questioning why its fine for JT to come back to the SB but not Janet? Who thinks that's okay, regardless if you ever saw a JT show or not

And? 

So does JT. His shows are INCREDIBLE. Matter of fact you can attest to that I think..correct me if Im wrong but weren't you an audience attendee at his last tour 20/20 Experience? 

It's all subjective. My problem wasn't ppl not liking him and/or saying he was untalented. That's THEIR opinion. I said you can't dispute FACTS of his popularity and impact like they are trying to do. But for some reason you threw in your dash of shade calling him untalented as if that was gonna hurt some feelings when you worship an untalented act yourself. Juss sayin

I dont think I focused on untalented as much as unoriginal correct me if Im wrong but I said again he's a Michael Jackson wannabe, and hell you have plenty of other acts that do that too

:lmao: The backtracking begins!!!!! This is straight out of the Trump Administration 

this is not a bactrack, you're getting more to the story seeing that man in concert doesnt mean this is okay in reference to race and Janet. If that's the case Dayz is out the convo too, unless he's saying its okay JT does the SB

......that would be such a cold line or move if I were on the side with the least amount of support....its not like in this whole thread its only been 2 people on the right side of History here :coffee:

What? That logic doesn't add up. The fact that they still hold her ban though they & all who did too much acknowlege they did but wont change it, sexism. And racism is the issue now, even how they try to change what the narrative of what taking the knee is about.

Wrong, they both were banned. It was publically announced that way. Everyone knows he's stupid, that goes without saying, but again, victim shaming Janet as if she earned it for "settin up simple Justy" isnt the right side of History today, because the issue isnt and (no matter how much you try to make) won't be about whos idea it was since it was neither of theirs

I agree, its about sexism & racism now, it should be with the rest of the common discussions. Making it "her fault" makes it about her.....& 1 side (with more than 2 people) aint about that :coffee:

Oh Jarryl.. you’re co-captain paid Justin Timberlake in 2014. He’s done

Only Janet was blacklisted. Justin was not ??‍♂️

It was Janet’s idea ??‍♂️ Ignoring that is ignoring facts

Justin was a pawn 

• Downvote 1

Oh Jarryl.. you’re co-captain paid Justin Timberlake in 2014. He’s done

Only Janet was blacklisted. Justin was not ??‍♂️

It was Janet’s idea ??‍♂️ Ignoring that is ignoring facts

Justin was a pawn 

Im not even close to done, Im still be present to call out the bullshit....its wrong he can even be considered for the SB....and let's not play like JT was a pawn, he had a "hand" in the shit too so dont go trying to place it all on Janet, and who sounds like the bigger betrayer here? The one on a Janet board calling "facts" it was Janets fault cause she had the idea?

and how can anyone here, say so much praise towards Justin and still show up at a Janet show with a sense of pride? 

Foot in mouth ^

this is not a bactrack, you're getting more to the story seeing that man in concert doesnt mean this is okay in reference to race and Janet. If that's the case Dayz is out the convo too, unless he's saying its okay JT does the SB

this is where the convo must end then we can't discuss racism and sexism because I saw the man in concert, twice no less, God forbid I have objection now....I dont care what JT plays, but not the SB that's a different story

Riiight. It’s a “different story” now that you’ve seen this man in concert AFTER the Super Bowl. 

*reviews first quote* 

So tell me.. how can anyone here buy tickets to JT show then “protest” something that wasn’t even his idea? Oh I know.. By crying “ism” on social media

Edited by State of the Game
Edit
  • Downvote 1

Foot in mouth ^

Riiight. It’s a “different story” now that you’ve seen this man in concert TWICE after the Super Bowl. 

*reviews first quote* 

So tell me.. how can anyone here buy tickets to JT show then “protest” something that wasn’t even his idea? Oh I know.. By crying “ism” on social media

get you facts straight if you can pull up receipts you can read them too, I hope, I saw him on tour with Christina before the SB :sigh:

Im not even close to done, Im still be present to call out the bullshit....its wrong he can even be considered for the SB....and let's not play like JT was a pawn, he had a "hand" in the shit too so dont go trying to place it all on Janet, and who sounds like the bigger betrayer here? The one on a Janet board calling "facts" it was Janets fault cause she had the idea?

Let’s call out your #Hypocrisy. 

I’m just stating facts. It was Janet’s idea and Justin went along with it ??‍♂️ End of story.. hence a pawn (not sure if you ever played chess before but pawns are weak and disposable) 

Im stating that the NFL & CBS has every right to ban Janet (and not Justin). I’m stating that it was 13 years ago.. let it go

• Downvote 1