The Trailer for Justin Timberlake's 'Man of the Woods' Album Is Here and It's Very Earthy

kidfresh832

You may be familiar with the Justin Timberlake of *NSYNC years — all bleached curls and boy band harmonies — or the JT of his SexyBack reinvention,“Suit and Tie” incarnation, or family-friendly “Can’t Stop the Feeling” dad pop. But 2018 ushers in a new era for Timberlake: now, we will know him as a Man of the Woods. That’s the title of his upcoming album, out Feb. 2, which will be followed two days later by his big Super Bowl halftime performance.

In a new trailer for the album, his first since 2013, Timberlake goes back to his roots — literally. “This album is really inspired by my son, my wife, my family, but more so than any other album I’ve ever written, where I’m from. And it’s personal,” he voices over some atmospheric chords and footage of him brooding in frosty cornfields and half-submerged in a glassy river. (Timberlake hails from Memphis.)

“It feels like mountains, trees, campfires,” a female voice also intones, before we get a snippet of a more upbeat tune. “I feel like it’s so earthy,” Timberlake notes. “It’s just where you’re at in your life right now,” adds another contributor, none other than Pharrell Williams. (Williams is also quoted calling a song “a smash,” giving at least one part of Timberlake’s project his official stamp of approval.)

While this version of Timberlake may be a surprise to those accustomed to his cosmopolitan vibe of years past, he’s been laying the groundwork for a rustic Americana identity for a while now: just look to his William Rast clothing line of old-school denim and leather for an early hint.

The first song off of Man of the Woods will drop Friday.

Time

• Like 1

and I dont care what anyone says, with JT doing the SB, timing for new Janet and more touring as came from her lips in Atlanta couldnt be more perfect, dont miss this chance to one up gurl....time to have that album polished and ready and to kick off in Europe

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I can feel it.....I just dont want all the talk to be about how JT did Janet so greasy and Janet isn't even talking or taking action, Im good on her not talking she didnt on this US leg so what do yo thang, BUT....the public will favor Janet soooooooo much when the JT SB talk gets in high gear trust and believe

• Downvote 2

Janet ain’t releasing shit and she’s not touring in the Spring (tickets would already be on sale and/or booked like it was prematurely for Unbreakable)

Janet cannot compete with the likes of a signed artist whose schedule to perform on the biggest event in the world ??‍♂️

This isn’t about Janet... she ain’t doing shit

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, State of the Game said:

Janet ain’t releasing shit and she’s not touring in the Spring (tickets would already be on sale and/or booked like it was prematurely for Unbreakable)

Janet cannot compete with the likes of a signed artist whose schedule to perform on the biggest event in the world ??‍♂️

This isn’t about Janet... she ain’t doing shit

This is all about Janet.  JT was trending and it was mainly because people were dragging him because of Janet and him going back to his Nazi roots. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, DasSad said:

This is all about Janet.  JT was trending and it was mainly because people were dragging him because of Janet and him going back to his Nazi roots. 

Yup he can take that blue grass shit on back home to where he came from before he decided to be a culture vulture

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DasSad said:

Nazi roots? Wtf? :lmao: He has had black producers his entire solo career and all of a sudden he’s a Nazi? Y’all crazy

The President of Pop is about to sell millions and yew still gon’ be mad af that you go an call him a Nazi.. you either don’t know what a Nazi is or you’re doing to much. 

Oh and He was trending for dropping a release date for his album and the title. Not for Janet.. y’all stay delusional tho. Let me know how that’s working out for you while JT is garnering legalendary status and bout to sell out his tour :coffee::lmao: 

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Yup he can take that blue grass shit on back home to where he came from before he decided to be a culture vulture

He’s a culture vulture now? Wtf does that even mean? He 100% respects the culture and has grown up with it.. he writes his own music and creates his own sound with the help from black producers :lmao: That alone dismisses your premise. 

He’s not that austrailian female rapper. He’s an artist and the biggest male artist to currently but y’all stay mad :lmao: 

• Downvote 1

Some of you Janet fans are so ignorant and pathetic. Honestly. 

You go from calling the President of Pop a Nazi (even though that’s as far from the truth as Bailey’s posts) to calling him a culture vulture bc he creates pop hits with black people who are literally apart of or on the track (Jay-Z, Beyoncé, Pharrell, Timbaland). To insinuate that he steals black culture is stupid and ignorant. He surrounds himself with his friends (Jay-Z.. Pharrell) and make music.. that’s that ??‍♂️ 

We get it.. you’re not a fan. No one asked you to be. Go back to listening to Xtina (who won’t release a new album) or some other lessor 

• Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

Some of you Janet fans are so ignorant and pathetic. Honestly. 

You go from calling the President of Pop

Imma stop u right there, no one on here calls his ass that but yo ignorant ass :filenails: worst of all no one off of here calls him that either <_<

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bailey. said:

Google Justin Timberlake Janet Jackson

I get Google Alerts about “Janet Jackson”.. I don’t need to google it. I’m aware every media source brings up Janet. Janet gets mentioned every time this year... since 2004  

The media brings up the Super Bowl... bc you know who is headlining then they mention Janet..

30 minutes ago, Bailey. said:

54 views on deep cable :lmao: 

Adele and Justin are both artists.. artists who write and produce their own music (something most artists didn’t do in Steph’s era).. They are 2 artists who gives credit to black artists.  

She’s also talking about the general public. “They want to hear Adele & JT..” 

She also goes to say “they” (JT/Adele type) don’t show the respect the genre they are  influenced by which is literally false. Both have named black artists as influences (not to mention both have openly worked with black artists/producers)

A 60 year old year old woman’s opinion on TODAY’s music? Why didn’t you just ask our parents what they think of today’s music :lmao: Just bc she has had mild success in her long career doesn’t mean her opinion matters. Let’s ask Jay-Z what he thinks of Justin Timberlake, Beyoncé, Alicia Keys, Bruno Mars.. ask them

Sorry Stephanie.. that no one is handing you hits to sing ??‍♂️ Guess you gotta write your own hits

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

Aww you mad Justin bout to shit on the industry

Nah.. you’ll just purchase a ticket to his sold out world tour 

first of all, let me correct you yet again, if I were upset, you'll know it, secondly from the sound of his latest I dont think I'll bother

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

First of all.. you never corrected me. You posted some elder music industry puppet

Secondly.., here you are... in his thread... being all bothered that he’s still on top #SAD

you said I was mad, and I told I wasn't thus your correction, as for what Stephanie Mills said, that was all true Lipton 100, the fact you cannot wrap your brain around the wisdom of someone thats been in the business over 30 years says more about your lack of knowledge than anything

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bailey. said:

you said I was mad, and I told I wasn't thus your correction, as for what Stephanie Mills said, that was all true Lipton 100, the fact you cannot wrap your brain around the wisdom of someone thats been in the business over 30 years says more about your lack of knowledge than anything

:lmao: You take the word of an irrelevant 60 year old woman who was handed pieces of music and told to sing itShe may have a 30+ career in music but that doesn’t make her opinion any less true or false especially when she barely picked up a pen to penn her own workJustin & Adele write their own music ;) 

Show me Pharrell’s opinion. Jay-Z... Show me Jimmy Jam/Terry Lewis’s opinion. 

She only gave her opinion. Not fact... Just bc you agree with it does NOT make it fact. It’s like someone agreeing to a flat earth opinion video from a basketball player :lmao: GTFO with that bull :lmao::lmao: 

Boy boi. She don’t know shit about today’s music climate. If she did then where her hits bc I can’t seem to find them.

Black artists outweigh White artists at the Grammy’s :coffee: 

This isn’t a black vs white thing.. stop trying. This is a Bitter Janet fan vs Justin Timberlake bc he’s headlining the Super Bowl and she’s shopping in London :coffee: 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

:lmao: You take the word of an irrelevant 60 year old woman who was handed pieces of music and told to sing itShe may have a 30+ career in music but that doesn’t make her opinion any less true or false especially when she barely picked up a pen to penn her own workJustin & Adele write their own music ;) 

Show me Pharrell’s opinion. Jay-Z... Show me Jimmy Jam/Terry Lewis’s opinion. 

She only gave her opinion. Not fact... Just bc you agree with it does NOT make it fact. It’s like someone agreeing to a flat earth opinion video from a basketball player :lmao: GTFO with that bull :lmao::lmao: 

Boy boi. She don’t know shit about today’s music climate

obviously you dont respect your elders and those that came before, the history they made nor the doors they opened for the lackluster crap they put out today you folks call music :wave:

• Downvote 1

Just now, Bailey. said:

obviously you dont respect your elders and those that came before, the history they made nor the doors they opened for the lackluster crap they put out today you folks call music :wave:

Nah.. respect is earned.. not given. I don’t respect industry puppets

Janet opened doors... Stephanie Mills was a carbon copy of more popular female artists of her time :lmao: minus the success. Mills is the Mya of the 1900s 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

Nah.. respect is earned.. not given. I don’t respect industry puppets

Janet opened doors... Stephanie Mills was a carbon copy of more popular female artists of her time :lmao: minus the success. Mills is the Mya of the 1900s 

you have no clue what you're talking about Stephanie Mills had a voice and a strength all her own, if she's a carbon copy, I ask of whom? I also ask did you grow up in  Black home? Did the people that "raised" you play R&B music you could listen to? I mean :mellow: