Janet OFFICIALLY SHUTS DOWN rumors she'll be with Timbergarbage

jarrylf

1 hour ago, Mr. Wonder said:

This is one of those times. :lol: esp when it's the #5 trending topic in the world. 

But you have to consider that she's in a place where she's completely done with addressing anything asociated with SB. She said her peace the day before, said thanks and was done.

Yes, it would he great publicity now that thing are starting to come full circle, but she showing consistency by not addressing anything associated with 2004.

She's showing that next time she talks, it will be about a new project outside of that.

14 minutes ago, Illi said:

But you have to consider that she's in a place where she's completely done with addressing anything asociated with SB. She said he peace the day before, said thanks and was done.

Yes, it would he great publicity now that thing are starting to come full circle, but she showing consistency by not addressing anything associated with 2004.

She's showing that next time she talks, it will be about a new project outside of that.

Okay, ya'll have to stop this train of thought. Step outside the stan base for a minute, call a spade a spade, and stop making excuses for her behavior. When a group of people show their appreciation for you, it's common etiquette to say thank you, regardless of what it's for. Not doing it is flat out rude regardless of how you slice it or whatever hairs you split. The purpose of the hash tag was to contrast the erasure and backlash she faced following the Superbowl. It was meant to illustrate how her body of work is instrumental to the advancement of popular music, and to illustrate her multi generational influence across popular culture. Granted it was birthed from sexism and racism stemming from the Superbowl and Justin's reappearance, but the gravamen of the hash tag was what I mentioned. Here are celebrities and media outlets from around the globe coming together to testify about the cultural significance of Janet and her work for a day, repairing her brand, and reminding and introducing her to a new generation of listeners of why she's an important cultural figure and she can't even say THANK YOU?! :blink:

Imagine thinking the entire hash tag was about Superbowl. Imagine thinking the entire hash tag was a form of protest. Imagine thinking the entire hash was about Justin performing and Janet still being banned.

It's rude. Point. Blank. Period.

6 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

You don’t get to determine when it’s one of those times. She does. 

I don't. But common courtesy surely determines that. 

• Upvote 1

^ Well she's done with the whole SB thing. Point. Blank. Period. She already said her peace and expressed appreciation, but she's done. That's why her statement isn't in IG anymore. She doesnt want to entertain it anymore, even if it now benefits her.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

Imagine thinking the entire hash tag was about Superbowl. Imagine thinking the entire hash tag was a form of protest. Imagine thinking the entire hash was about Justin performing and Janet still being banned.

It's rude. Point. Blank. Period.

I don't. But common courtesy surely determines that. 

That’s neither common nor a courtesy. ‘Artist X’ doesn’t thank his or her fans for tweeting... neither should Janet

:lmao: you want Janet to thank fans for sending tweets :lmao: as if they pay for her houses :lmao: 

Try buying her music. Buying... not renting :lmao: maybe she’ll thank y’all 

That whole thing imo was beyond the SB..yes, it happened during the SB, but it was a reminder of how iconic and legendary Janet is..when celebrities and media outlets were catching on, then it became somewhat of a movement. I've never witnessed her trending WW for a long period of time since forever.  So, for it to happen and go off without a hitch, should be appreciated and thanks should be given.  A simple thank you.  She didn't have to mention the SB because yes, she had already said her peace.  But not one single acknowledgement..kinda ruined the whole thing for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

That’s neither common nor a courtesy. ‘Artist X’ doesn’t thank his or her fans for tweeting... neither should Janet

:lmao: you want Janet to thank fans for sending tweets :lmao: as if they pay for her houses :lmao: 

"Because of you (points to audience), I am here."

- Janet Jackson, MTV Icon 2001

1 minute ago, Mr. Wonder said:

"Because of you (points to audience), I am here."

- Janet Jackson, MTV Icon 2001

Cute quote from 2001 but that’s before twitter :umm: making that quote irrelevant 

Again, Janet, like every other artist, doesn’t need to thank the public for free tweets  

Considering the Super Bowl will be held in Atlanta next year, I really like Bruno Mars’ idea for the Halftime show to be a collection of hip-hop artists from ATL and think it would be pretty dope if orchestrated correctly....

with that said...

I hope it doesn’t happen and that the NFL and Pepsi extend an offer to janet to finally give her the full Halftime stage to herself.. they had to have seen that this years Super Bowl was the least watched this entire decade and they must want to go the opposite way next year and get the highest ratings ever....and they can surely do that by having Janet take the Halftime stage once again and shutting it down..

my only concern is that even if the NFL/Pepsi asked Janet to do it, I think she may just turn it down and continue living her life... hopefully that’s not the case though.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

Cute quote from 2001 but that’s before twitter :umm: making that quote irrelevant 

Again, Janet, like every other artist, doesn’t need to thank the public for free tweets  

17 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

you want Janet to thank fans for sending tweets :lmao: as if they pay for her houses :lmao: 

Game, you are far too old to be this dense, and you're being obsequious. 

We have bought her music. We have attended her shows. She's literally in the position she's in because of the money we've poured into her brand. So the quote is not irrelevant.

It was more than just "sending tweets", it was also on Facebook, btw, but it was the appreciation for her contributions to popular culture. Tweets were just the medium used to demonstrate the appreciation. If all you got from my entire post was "sending tweets", you're more dense than once presumed. Rather superficial, wouldn't you agree? It's time to grow up. You're pushing 30, with the same mindset you had 10 years ago.

4 minutes ago, Dal said:

Considering the Super Bowl will be held in Atlanta next year, I really like Bruno Mars’ idea for the Halftime show to be a collection of hip-hop artists from ATL and think it would be pretty dope if orchestrated correctly....

with that said...

I hope it doesn’t happen and that the NFL and Pepsi extend an offer to janet to finally give her the full Halftime stage to herself.. they had to have seen that this years Super Bowl was the least watched this entire decade and they must want to go the opposite way next year and get the highest ratings ever....and they can surely do that by having Janet take the Halftime stage once again and shutting it down..

my only concern is that even if the NFL/Pepsi asked Janet to do it, I think she may just turn it down and continue living her life... hopefully that’s not the case though.

I like that idea of ATL artists performing at the SB halftime show.  Whew..the ratchetedness. I'm ready.

NiRPahy.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

We have bought her music. We have attended her shows. She's literally in the position she's in because of the money we've poured into her brand. So the quote is not irrelevant.

It was more than just "sending tweets", it was also on Facebook, btw, but it was the appreciation for her contributions to popular culture. Tweets were just the medium used to demonstrate the appreciation. If all you got from my entire post was "sending tweets", you're more dense than once presumed. Rather superficial, wouldn't you agree? It's time to grow up. You're pushing 30, with the same mindset you had 10 years ago.

I was waiting for someone to finally use this word.

zTAbiAM.gif

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, hotboy06 said:

I like that idea of ATL artists performing at the SB halftime show.  Whew..the ratchetedness. I'm ready.

NiRPahy.gif

Yea but we’ll see what happens.. apparently the super bowl will be broadcasted on CBS next year so knowing that now makes me think Janet doesn’t have a chance next year...

2 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

And she thanked us for all that... especially during the tour. This is separate.. this is social media, a free service in today’s times

Janet doesn’t get paid per tweet or FB post.. and she gets paid minimal for renting her music on Spotify and other streaming venues

She literally already thanked us via that message on Facebook. Idk what more you want. You want her to personally thank y’all for blowing up social media despite it having little influence on anything? 

I am thirty and this isn’t about me. This is about you and your desire to get a woman to tweet again. Boy bye :lmao: 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dal said:

with that said...

She’ll turn it down bc she has nothing to promote 

Thinking about it from a non-janfam perspective, I think Id care less about her saying thankyou than I already do as a janfam, like doing good for people isnt about getting thanked. This appreciation day wasnt about what she might do or say in return. 

Plus, she pre-thanked everyone for the support, folks go to her Twitter thirsty for a thank you can take a drink from that. :coffee:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

Thinking about it from a non-janfam perspective, I think Id care less about her saying thankyou than I already do as a janfam, like doing good for people isnt about getting thanked. This appreciation day wasnt about what she might do or say in return. 

Plus, she pre-thanked everyone for the support, folks go to her Twitter thirsty for a thank you can take a drink from that. :coffee:

:lmao: 

im reading the comments here of how she should say thanks and all that jazz, but first of all because you do something for someone doesn't mean they asked you to do it, and if the idea was to appreciate Janet and celebrate her artistic achievements then that was accomplished why do you folks think you are owed an absolute thank you like a pat on the back for something she didn't ask for? I have stated several times before the SB ever happen that she wasn't going anywhere near it, she didn't, and that she doesn't want to talk about it, yet here you folks are thinking you should be thanked for pulling off a campaign of Janet appreciation that just so happens to coincide with Justin's SB? Not some other day that doesn't connect Janet back to an incident that changed the course of her career

I just wanna thank you guys for supporting me on JT's day to perform in the SB and not some other day that disassociates my legacy from an incident that has tarnished my legacy, thank you very much. All you Robin L Baylors for coming thru on a subject I have explicitly through speech and action shown I have no desire to be a part of ......love Dunk:wub:

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bailey. said:

im reading the comments here of how she should say thanks and all that jazz, but first of all because you do something for someone doesn't mean they asked you to do it, and if the idea was to appreciate Janet and celebrate her artistic achievements then that was accomplished why do you folks think you are owed an absolute thank you like a pat on the back for something she didn't ask for? I have stated several times before the SB ever happen that she wasn't going anywhere near it, she didn't, and that she doesn't want to talk about it, yet here you folks are thinking you should be thanked for pulling off a campaign of Janet appreciation that just so happens to coincide with Justin's SB? Not some other day that doesn't connect Janet back to an incident that changed the course of her career

Oop!!! 

Wish Janfam/gen-pop had this enthusiasm in 2004, 2006, 2008, 2015... you know... when it mattered. 

1 hour ago, State of the Game said:

She’ll turn it down bc she has nothing to promote 

Possibly.. although we’ve been hearing tidbits about new Music potentially coming sometime in the not-so-distant future.. plus there’s that Netflix docu-series that’s supposedly happening sometime who knows when..

but I don’t think an artist/band necessarily needs to do the SB strictly to promote a current/upcoming project..

what did Beyonce have to promote in 2013 other than a tour? (Janet can do that)

what did bruno mars have to promote in 2016?

what did Katy Perry have to promote in 2015? (Prism was released almost a year and a half prior)

point being Janet doesn’t need to SB stage to promote a project, although I’m sure she’d take sweet advantage of that platform and push some project..

janet could announce a new tour and album this summer.. we’ve no clue

7 minutes ago, Dal said:

Possibly.. although we’ve been hearing tidbits about new Music potentially coming sometime in the not-so-distant future.. plus there’s that Netflix docu-series that’s supposedly happening sometime who knows when..

but I don’t think an artist/band necessarily needs to do the SB strictly to promote a current/upcoming project..

what did Beyonce have to promote in 2013 other than a tour? (Janet can do that)

what did bruno mars have to promote in 2016?

what did Katy Perry have to promote in 2015? (Prism was released almost a year and a half prior)

point being Janet doesn’t need to SB stage to promote a project, although I’m sure she’d take sweet advantage of that platform and push some project..

janet could announce a new tour and album this summer.. we’ve no clue

2019 is 360 days away. The NFL/Pepsi chooses their performer in the fall prior 

Beyonce promoted her tour (tickets went on sale following her show)

Bruno Mars was on tour and promoted his second leg of the tour; Katy was touring before and after the show

That’s true.. she might. Who knows