Janet Jackson Survivor: Unbreakable Edition - WINNER ANNOUNCED

All y'all gon get slapped voting for Take Me Away and 2 B Loved before some damn Black Pigeon. <_< Yeah the song is meaningful but it's not anywhere near a song something you just listen to out of the blue. Who would have that in their normal playlist when relaxing, hosting friends/family, driving in the car, or anything else. You have to be in a certain mood to listen to that. Y'all in here playing.:mellow:

5 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

I guess i'll vote for Take Me Away although I loooooooooooove the guitar riff at the end but during the verses Janet's voice sounds kinda rusty. Her vocals in 2 B Loved are on point. She still sounds young and fresh.

I don't really understand the love for 2 B Loved b4 some of the other songs that have been voted off.

I prefer rustic sounding Janet anyhow...much closer to her natural voice.

10 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

I guess i'll vote for Take Me Away although I loooooooooooove the guitar riff at the end but during the verses Janet's voice sounds kinda rusty. Her vocals in 2 B Loved are on point. She still sounds young and fresh.

Yea Janet shines in her higher & falsetto notes. The others come off choppy & often inaudible. Her better performances are Dream Maker, No Sleeep bridge, Unbreakable chorus, Night, 2 B Loved the tracks where it sounds more singing than speaky or choppy. 

Edit: to be fair I'll even say TMA chorus isn't bad either. I just don't like the choppy verses. 

5 hours ago, vibeology said:

I don't really understand the love for 2 B Loved b4 some of the other songs that have been voted off.

I prefer rustic sounding Janet anyhow...much closer to her natural voice.

Image result for viola davis gif

32 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Yea Janet shines in her higher & falsetto notes. The others come off choppy & often inaudible. Her better performances are Dream Maker, No Sleeep bridge, Unbreakable chorus, Night, 2 B Loved the tracks where it sounds more singing than speaky or choppy. 

Edit: to be fair I'll even say TMA chorus isn't bad either. I just don't like the choppy verses. 

True she definitely sounds best in her higher notes. TMA when she sings higher it's great. Especially when she goes to her "Take me awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay froooooooooom heeeeeeeeeeeeere" :wub: 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

True she definitely sounds best in her higher notes. TMA when she sings higher it's great. Especially when she goes to her "Take me awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay froooooooooom heeeeeeeeeeeeere" :wub: 

OK I take that back...don't necessarily prefer it but I very much appreciate it.

6 hours ago, vibeology said:

OK I take that back...don't necessarily prefer it but I very much appreciate it.

Give me an example of rustic Janet vocals so I know what you mean. 

11 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

??????

Yes I think so too. I just prefer Janet when she's actually singing. That's one of the things that highlights her older catalog so much. IGL, FHTF, Anytime Anyplace, You Want This, Because of Love, Escapade, LWNDWY, AFY, the bridge of Someone to Call My Love, Doesn't Really Matter,  Island Life etc. 

1 hour ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Give me an example of rustic Janet vocals so I know what you mean. 

??????

Yes I think so too. I just prefer Janet when she's actually singing. That's one of the things that highlights her older catalog so much. IGL, FHTF, Anytime Anyplace, You Want This, Because of Love, Escapade, LWNDWY, AFY, the bridge of Someone to Call My Love, Doesn't Really Matter,  Island Life etc. 

The whimsical medley 

YWT isn’t in the same category as AFY. She’s not singing in that :lol: 

1 hour ago, State of the Game said:

The whimsical medley 

YWT isn’t in the same category as AFY. She’s not singing in that :lol: 

They are definitely in the same category. That's like saying she isn't singing because of the chorus it's more harmony. 

In YWT it's a crescendo within the bridge into the choruses - 

"Not anyone I'll just let in my heart you have to be hungry for me." 

"Girls may have been easy boy you have to please me"

"what makes me think that I can say this to you, I know how bad you want this."

"one thing I've been told nothing else compares to this loving body" 

1 hour ago, FreelovesJJ said:

They are definitely in the same category. That's like saying she isn't singing because of the chorus it's more harmony. 

Idk. I feel like she’s just “sayin” it similar to  NASTY or BurnItUp

30 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

True! I was about to quote those same lyrics. Those are the exact parts where Janet is actually singing and not just talking lol. As far as rustic, Vibeology is saying songs like "The Great Forever", "Truth", "You Ain't Right", "You", and others.