Janet Jackson Survivor: Unbreakable Edition - WINNER ANNOUNCED

18 minutes ago, vibeology said:

she usually sings it in verses...id say stuff like Trust A Try, You, Lessons Learned, TGF, Like U Don't Love Me, Unbreakable even :unsure: 

Trust A Try & You are great songs but that choppy chant Janet should have ended with IF. 

Those songs are also very highly produced with vocal effects. Now TGF, Like U Don't Love Me & UB maybe not but I just think those vocals is what discredits her as a singer. The attitudey thing is played unless it's done like Lemon with swag & kinda rapish but it discredits her abilities to me. 

4 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

True! I was about to quote those same lyrics. Those are the exact parts where Janet is actually singing and not just talking lol. As far as rustic, Vibeology is saying songs like "The Great Forever", "Truth", "You Ain't Right", "You", and others.

A lot of those songs are really good songs but they're so heavily altered & fixed that they just don't count to me. I'm thinking of songs Janet can just sit & sing. Things she wouldn't need something to back her or alter her. 

Those songs are chants mostly.