The Other News Thread

Mr. Wonder

• 3 weeks later...

Janet Jackson Made 'Googly Eyes' at BSB's Howie Dorough: They 'Almost Hooked Up' Claims Nick Carter

Fellow boy bander Howie Dorough of the Backstreet Boys was outed by his bandmates A.J. McLean and Nick Carter for once catching the eye of pop icon Janet Jackson.

“Well I know Howie almost hooked up with Janet Jackson one time,” Carter, 38, joked to Access Hollywood guest correspondent (and Bachelorfranchise alum) Ashley Iaconetti when asked if the “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” singers had their own romance stories to share.

“I’m just joking! I’m just joking!” Carter quickly backtracked as he saw Dorough, 44, getting embarrassed.

But McLean, 40, further teased Dorough by sharing, “[Janet] was giving you the googly, googly eyes!”

https://people.com/music/janet-jackson-backstreet-boys-howie-dorough-almost-hooked-up/

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2018 at 11:33 AM, Mr. Wonder said:

86 Janet Jackson Capital One Arena Washington, D.C. Nov. 16, 2017 $1,156,682 12,160 /
1 / 0 $135, $49.50
204 Janet Jackson PPG Paints Arena Pittsburgh, Pa. Nov. 29, 2017 $478,152 8,831 /

1 / 0

Not bad. I wonder why Janet has never really had a full sold out tour in America? 

46 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Not bad. I wonder why Janet has never really had a full sold out tour in America? 

She's a woman touring on her own name and she was never doing the things Michael and Madonna did, those two did things for attention and went way over the top, Janet has always been more grounded, which I think serves her better in the end

• Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Rhythm Nation was the first premiere tour by an artist to sell out venues across the planet,,,,that tour set a first time record , when Janet first went on a full scale tour, tickets sold like hotcakes

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, John.... said:

She's a woman touring on her own name and she was never doing the things Michael and Madonna did, those two did things for attention and went way over the top, Janet has always been more grounded, which I think serves her better in the end

Uhhh tf you talking about Michael hasn’t toured America since BAD :lmao: 

• Downvote 1

THIS WEEK IN... 1993

JUNE 19, 2018

Check out what was #1 on the ARIA Charts 25 years ago!

ALBUM

JANET JACKSON - JANET.

Janet., the fifth studio album from Janet Jackson, became her second straight #1 on the ARIA Albums Chart when it debuted in the top spot in June 1993. The follow-up to Rhythm Nation 1814 (#1 Jan. ’91) spent three consecutive weeks at #1 on release and later returned to the top spot for one week in February 1995 when Jackson was in the midst of her first ever Australian tour.

Janet. spent 15 weeks in the top ten and 52 weeks in the top 50. It was accredited 2x Platinum and hit #25 on the 1993 ARIA End Of Year Albums Chart.

Singles lifted from Janet. include ‘That's The Way Love Goes’ (#1 May ’93), ‘If’ (#18 Sept. ’93), ‘Again’ (#19 Dec. ’93), ‘Because Of Love’ (#25 Mar. ’94), ‘Any Time, Any Place’ (#37 Aug. ’94), ‘You Want This’ (#16 Jan. ’95), ‘What’ll I Do’ (#14 Feb. ’95) and ‘Whoops Now’ (#49 Apr. ’95).

Janet Jackson last charted with the album Unbreakable (#11 Oct. ’15).

https://www.ariacharts.com.au/news/2018/this-week-in-1993

• 1 month later...

^^^^^ OH   SNAP  like a muthafucka  :mellow:  wait wait wait.....now wait....are you sure that's Eissa cause honey his hair been cut and he's darker and I dont trust it :mellow:  Does anyone here think Janet would let her child around Paris?  Also Katherine is looking thin

STOP .....shit reading is fundamental as fuck, that aint a Janet show, so it's irrelevant and that aint Eissa  :filenails: