Janet For Super Bowl 2019 Halftime Show

Lenzo88

Now I know we’ve discussed this plenty of times already but I’ve been desperately wanting Janet to return for her OWN. SOLO. Halftime Show performance since Madonna’s Halftime Show back in 2012! She deserves it! I want this era to have people around the world remembering why she is the muthafin’ Queen!!!

Could you imagine what Janet could do on a scale of the halftime show completely to herself?!? ?? What a comeback story!!!

I’m sorry but I was just watching Justin’s Halftime performance from this year and I wanted to fall asleep! ? Ehh, even Katy Perry’s Halftime Show was more lively and entertaining than Justin’s failed attempt at selling his flop of an album! ?

This era could be Janet’s biggest in a while and I would LOVE the delicious irony of the NFL offering her the halftime show early next year when she kills it with this new album! Not saying she needs it! Not even saying I demand it but my god, spare us another year from someone like...I don’t know....I honestly don’t know who they could chose at this point. ? Britney has no new album in sight and can’t perform up to caliber anymore. All I can think of is J. Lo giving us a great show at her age and being the only other likely candidate at this point. Give us Janet dammit!!! ?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

Now I know we’ve discussed this plenty of times already but I’ve been desperately wanting Janet to return for her OWN. SOLO. Halftime Show performance since Madonna’s Halftime Show back in 2012! She deserves it! I want this era to have people around the world remembering why she is the muthafin’ Queen!!!

Could you imagine what Janet could do on a scale of the halftime show completely to herself?!? ?? What a comeback story!!!

I’m sorry but I was just watching Justin’s Halftime performance from this year and I wanted to fall asleep! ? Ehh, even Katy Perry’s Halftime Show was more lively and entertaining than Justin’s failed attempt at selling his flop of an album! ?

This era could be Janet’s biggest in a while and I would LOVE the delicious irony of the NFL offering her the halftime show early next year when she kills it with this new album! Not saying she needs it! Not even saying I demand it but my god, spare us another year from someone like...I don’t know....I honestly don’t know who they could chose at this point. ? Britney has no new album in sight and can’t perform up to caliber anymore. All I can think of is J. Lo giving us a great show at her age and being the only other likely candidate at this point. Give us Janet dammit!!! ?

In all honesty, the best thing that Janet's TRUE fans can do is to STREAM THE FUUUUUUCK out of her new song.  Put it on the charts, support that thing as much as possible.  A true worldwide hit will cure any and all ills.  If Janet's people have done their job right, then she has the potential to get a major hit (especially in markets outside the US that are much friendlier to female artists over a certain age and artists of color).  If the song hits, the SuperBowl and everyone else will come a-callin'.  

My one worry with Made For Now is that it could be straying away from her base a bit.  In the R&B market, her network of support has never really wavered, which is why a song like No SLEEEP can see a huge chart reign on Urban A/C (aka Adult R&B Songs from Billboard).  But it's been a long time since Janet has strayed from that market with a single, if all indications are correct on Made For Now.  Of course she's Janet, so she may bring the market with her, but you never know.  

Well anyway, I'm ready to #STANfam when this new song drops.  Janet, I gotchu...  

• Upvote 1

I would be okay with her doing the Superbowl if she performed 'Skin Game' , slams the mic down and lets out a horrific wail charging the sky to turn black all while it starts to rain blood and feces.

:mellow:

Other than that the NFL is cancelled and it has nothing to do with Kaepernick, them mofos really think they own people. 

No ma'am, no gawd

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Voodoo said:

I would be okay with her doing the Superbowl if she performed 'Skin Game' , slams the mic down and lets out a horrific wail charging the sky to turn black all while it starts to rain blood and feces.

:mellow:

Other than that the NFL is cancelled and it has nothing to do with Kaepernick, them mofos really think they own people. 

No ma'am, no gawd

fzhNcBJ.gif

3 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

I've always said if Janet had the high caliber of production that Madonna had for SB it would be OVER. Janet would literally shut down every performer you know. Only if Gil wasn't apart of it.

Y’all shade Gil WAY too much!!! ????

Just cause his choreography is hit or miss most of the time and his direction is mediocre and his personality seems stuck up, doesn’t mean...uhh...uhh....Good point! ??

• Upvote 2

I STILL don't understand all the haterade towards Gil.  SOTW is incredible... I get the story and how everything is stitched together.  I think this is some of the team's best work in a long time, and Gil has a TON to do with that.  You can't make every fan happy 100% of the time.  I personally liked the flow of SOTW1 better, and felt like it conveyed a more solid story, but SOTW2 is still fucking amazing, and an even better marriage of new choreo with the classics that everyone loves. 

But if y'all got all these issues with his socials and his opinions then STAY OUT HIS GRILL!!!  #GotTimeTho

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, wayneashleymusic said:

I STILL don't understand all the haterade towards Gil.  SOTW is incredible... I get the story and how everything is stitched together.  I think this is some of the team's best work in a long time, and Gil has a TON to do with that.  You can't make every fan happy 100% of the time.  I personally liked the flow of SOTW1 better, and felt like it conveyed a more solid story, but SOTW2 is still fucking amazing, and an even better marriage of new choreo with the classics that everyone loves. 

But if y'all got all these issues with his socials and his opinions then STAY OUT HIS GRILL!!!  #GotTimeTho

This... people can hate him all he likes but he stopped Janet from turning into a zombie. Bish would still be performing the same ass songs with the same choreography