Janet is gonna PERFORM (?!?!) on the Tonight Show Friday

kaeh1213

Global music superstar Janet Jackson is set to debut her new single, "Made for Now," in collaboration with Daddy Yankee, on the Friday, Aug. 17 telecast of "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon."

The appearance marks Jackson's first performance on late-night television in 14 years. She last served as musical guest on "Saturday Night Live" in 2004. This will also be Jackson's first appearance on "The Tonight Show" with Fallon as host.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.broadwayworld.com/amp/c.php%3furl=Janet-Jackson-to-Debut-New-Single-MADE-FOR-NOW-with-Daddy-Yankee-on-THE-TONIGHT-SHOW-STARRING-JIMMY-FALLON-20180813

7 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

It's almost extremely strange to see and hear about her being on anything to promote since that has not been her thing for sooooo long. 

I honestly think this era is different because what she went through since the last! The “Unbreakable” album and world tour was a long overdo gift for her fans where this era seems more about reestablishing  Janet’s commercial success on a level of something like the “RN” or “AFU” eras. 

Whatever it is! I’m amazed by how hungry she STILL is for success and reaching the masses. At this point in her career, she has little to nothing to prove but she clearly has something to say and as a Jan fan, I can’t! ??????

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

The no promotion era annoyed the hell outta me lol

It's definitely refreshing..it's like this "new" refreshed Janet that has emerged that we haven't seen in awhile. 

4 hours ago, Lenzo88 said:

I honestly think this era is different because what she went through since the last! The “Unbreakable” album and world tour was a long overdo gift for her fans where this era seems more about reestablishing  Janet’s commercial success on a level of something like the “RN” or “AFU” eras. 

Whatever it is! I’m amazed by how hungry she STILL is for success and reaching the masses. At this point in her career, she has little to nothing to prove but she clearly has something to say and as a Jan fan, I can’t! ??????

I wouldn't call it hungry for success, cus I truly think she already feels accomplished.. it's more of us seeing how she still has a passion for what she loves which is entertainment. She seems to be back in love with the public, her fans and juss the entertainment world as a whole cus she seemed tired of the limelight during that period w/ her husband 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Janet Jackson got a standing ovation, we’re told, after taping an “elaborate” and “colorful” performance of her new song “Made for Now,” with Daddy Yankee, to air on the “Tonight Show” with Jimmy Fallon on Friday.

“It was a powerful performance. It featured beautiful production with elaborate costumes and a colorful set,” said a spy.

Jackson’s former backup dancer, superstar Jennifer Lopez, will also appear on the episode.https://pagesix.com/2018/08/16/janet-jackson-gets-standing-ovation-after-performing-new-song/

7 minutes ago, DarkStormSC said:

Janet Jackson got a standing ovation, we’re told, after taping an “elaborate” and “colorful” performance of her new song “Made for Now,” with Daddy Yankee, to air on the “Tonight Show” with Jimmy Fallon on Friday.

“It was a powerful performance. It featured beautiful production with elaborate costumes and a colorful set,” said a spy.

Jackson’s former backup dancer, superstar Jennifer Lopez, will also appear on the episode.https://pagesix.com/2018/08/16/janet-jackson-gets-standing-ovation-after-performing-new-song/

JLo is scheduled to be on the same episode as Janet? I wonder how they interact or if they do at all. I dont see any reason they wouldn't because I think Janet is happy for JLo, but I can also see where JLo wants to be known as the Latina that made it and kept it real on her own, not on the coat tails of anyone else. Still can't erase "TTWLG" video though -_-

6 minutes ago, John.... said:

JLo is scheduled to be on the same episode as Janet? I wonder how they interact or if they do at all. I dont see any reason they wouldn't because I think Janet is happy for JLo, but I can also see where JLo wants to be known as the Latina that made it and kept it real on her own, not on the coat tails of anyone else. Still can't erase "TTWLG" video though -_-

Sway brought that up at TRL today before he introduced TTWLG. Talking about how she was in the video before she got famous and that she's getting the Vanguard Award at the VMAs.