Janet to Headline Tom Joyner Cruise in 2019

11 hours ago, bu. said:

She has a shit touring record, known for cancelling. She isn’t a big draw either. She doesn’t have the upper hand anymore. Unless she has a hell of a negotiator on her team. 

“She isn’t a big draw either”. Do you have documents to support this? Bc she just lapped the USA 3x for 1 album, and did pretty fine from what I saw 👀

5 hours ago, John.... said:

1. Rewrite that it doesn't make sense :umm:

2. Whether its a cruise and a few mere mentions of Vegas the larger context of the thread was where's Europe at? If I need to I will go back and count every post that alluded to Europe, there's no need for a new thread for an issue that's old now, she should have figured Europe out by now

Your = Tour

Idk I’m telling you to be patient bc you’re in Michigan but patience

9 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

“She isn’t a big draw either”. Do you have documents to support this? Bc she just lapped the USA 3x for 1 album, and did pretty fine from what I saw 👀

75 shows and only 11 were confirmed sell outs with no figures released for the last leg of America. How is that doing fine? 

6 hours ago, bu. said:

75 shows and only 11 were confirmed sell outs with no figures released for the last leg of America. How is that doing fine? 

The shows that I went to:

Raleigh 

Charlotte 

Baltimore 

Brooklyn 

Newark 

were all packed.... the fact that she can lap one country 3x, proves that it’s lucriative enough for her. 

Not it to mention that she headlined multiple festivals this year, soooo there must be a draw. 

And this was all for an album she released on vacation, barely promoted, had a baby and picked up where she left off....

Im sorry that she hasn’t come to you, but that doesn’t mean that people aren’t interested in her. 

15 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

The shows that I went to:

Raleigh 

Charlotte 

Baltimore 

Brooklyn 

Newark 

were all packed.... the fact that she can lap one country 3x, proves that it’s lucriative enough for her. 

Not it to mention that she headlined multiple festivals this year, soooo there must be a draw. 

And this was all for an album she released on vacation, barely promoted, had a baby and picked up where she left off....

Im sorry that she hasn’t come to you, but that doesn’t mean that people aren’t interested in her. 

They probably brought the stage forward to make it seem full. Numbers don’t lie. Performing at 42% capacity at some shows is not a draw to brag about. Yes she did festivals but that has other artists involved too. 

11 sold out shows out of 75 does mean people aren’t interested. Whethers it’s the states, Europe, or Jupiter 

edit - Newark and Brooklyn were sold out. Congrats for not going to one of the underperforming shows. 

23 minutes ago, bu. said:

They probably brought the stage forward to make it seem full. Numbers don’t lie. Performing at 42% capacity at some shows is not a draw to brag about. Yes she did festivals but that has other artists involved too. 

11 sold out shows out of 75 does mean people aren’t interested. Whethers it’s the states, Europe, or Jupiter 

edit - Newark and Brooklyn were sold out. Congrats for not going to one of the underperforming shows. 

42% capacity when ur country was just wrecked by a hurricane, I think that’s fine. 

5 minutes ago, bu. said:

Tickets went on sale before the hurricanes. Next excuse?

Tickets went on sale, then she postponed her tour, had a baby, rescheduled dates then hurricane hit.... 

its not not an excuse, it’s a fact. 

Just like Ike it’s a fact that Janet continued her tour like she said she would. If it wasn’t cost effective for her, she would’ve canceled the shows. If leg 2 wasn’t profitable, or there was disinterest, there wouldn’t have been a 3rd leg. Like Janet says “that’s truth”

4 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

Tickets went on sale, then she postponed her tour, had a baby, rescheduled dates then hurricane hit.... 

its not not an excuse, it’s a fact. 

Just like Ike it’s a fact that Janet continued her tour like she said she would. If it wasn’t cost effective for her, she would’ve canceled the shows. If leg 2 wasn’t profitable, or there was disinterest, there wouldn’t have been a 3rd leg. Like Janet says “that’s truth”

It doesn’t take away from the fact she’s not a big draw anymore. She can promise the moon and the sun. Numbers don’t lie. She struggles to sell tickets as her numbers show despite being the best performer alive. If she had more shows at 90%+ capacity then you’d convince me but you're bragging about a 3rd leg of empty seats. 

I think a stint in Vegas or even a 2/3 day residency at the Royal Albert Hall would do her some good. She doesn’t have to travel every night so she doesn’t have to worry about Eissa and it would help repair her reputation. Radio tours and new music are a step in the right direction too so she’s finally started to do something right even if the Pancake show is a weird choice.

2 minutes ago, bu. said:

It doesn’t take away from the fact she’s not a big draw anymore. She can promise the moon and the sun. Numbers don’t lie. She struggles to sell tickets as her numbers show despite being the best performer alive. If she had more shows at 90%+ capacity then you’d convince me but you're bragging about a 3rd leg of empty seats. 

I think a stint in Vegas or even a 2/3 day residency at the Royal Albert Hall would do her some good. She doesn’t have to travel every night so she doesn’t have to worry about Eissa and it would help repair her reputation. Radio tours and new music are a step in the right direction too so she’s finally started to do something right even if the Pancake show is a weird choice.

U keep saying she isn’t a big draw but Unbreakable was a sold out tour, so I’m confused. 

Her rescheduled dates didn’t all sell out, and now she isn’t a big draw??? Did she even promote this tour? 

“I think”??? Clearly what you think doesn’t matter, Bc Janet’s still out there making money whether you think she is a big draw or not. 

I wouldnt go so far as to tell anyone what they think doesnt matter especially a European fan that has received zero from Janet. I will say the state of affairs regarding Janet's unpredictable moves are dismaying. A cruise ship performance? Gurl :sigh:  I'm trying to figure out which purse was sadder Nutrisystem or this :unsure:

24 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

U keep saying she isn’t a big draw but Unbreakable was a sold out tour, so I’m confused. 

Her rescheduled dates didn’t all sell out, and now she isn’t a big draw??? Did she even promote this tour? 

“I think”??? Clearly what you think doesn’t matter, Bc Janet’s still out there making money whether you think she is a big draw or not. 

Unbreakable was not a sold out tour. Many shows still had tickets remaining. Hence why even her new tour not selling shows why she’s not a big draw. 

Clearly you’re mad at the truth? 

4 minutes ago, John.... said:

I wouldnt go so far as to tell anyone what they think doesnt matter especially a European fan that has received zero from Janet. I will say the state of affairs regarding Janet's unpredictable moves are dismaying. A cruise ship performance? Gurl :sigh:  I'm trying to figure out which purse was sadder Nutrisystem or this :unsure:

The gag is I’m not even angry at her. I’m just being realistic lmao

1 hour ago, John.... said:

Im not mad at her either, clearly she can only do so much but the only thing worst than a fail is not to try

She made over $10million this year according to Forbes so she’s clearly earning some $ so I ain’t too mad at her. I’d just love to see her do more but she’s done enough in her career and she’s content with that I guess.  

5 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

:lol: you so messy!

:shifty: haha 

2 minutes ago, Aquaria said:

She what? :unsure: 

What I said :asham:. I saw her at Brighton Pride too. I mean I won’t be going to another concert of hers as id save money by playing her cd’s or on Spotify like she did. But I had fun.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John.... said:

A European fan that has received 0 from Janet. Janet doesn’t owe any1 anything. 

Idk why you find her unpredictability dismaying. You shouldn’t be so concerned with her purse. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bu. said:

Unbreakable was not a sold out tour. Many shows still had tickets remaining. Hence why even her new tour not selling shows why she’s not a big draw. 

Clearly you’re mad at the truth? 

Sold out = 80% or more no? 

What truth am I mad at? The fact that Janet’s performing and making new music....nothing to be mad about 

56 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

Sold out = 80% or more no? 

What truth am I mad at? The fact that Janet’s performing and making new music....nothing to be mad about 

No. Sold out means there’s no more tickets available to buy. 

1 hour ago, janet.1814 said:

A European fan that has received 0 from Janet. Janet doesn’t owe any1 anything. 

Idk why you find her unpredictability dismaying. You shouldn’t be so concerned with her purse. 

I should restate it. I'm concerned, as a die hard fan, that Janet's legacy will be tarnished, by her no less. I dont care about her purse, because I'm sure it's "plush" -_-  what I was referring to is her hustle. Janet's hustle game has been all over the place, so again for the upteenth time, a damn cruise ship :mellow:  

As for her European fans, after not one set of cancellations but two, she does owe them I will come out and say it. Matter of fact I applaud the European fans because they have taken most of what has happen with grace, let's put the shoe on the other foot. Had this ish went down with the US and everything was in another country, concerts, festivals, awards, we would be livid and we all know we wouldnt be quiet nor graceful about it either :umm:.

As for unpredictability being dismaying, most of us have been down for Janet like four flat tires, having said that, yes it is somewhat upsetting to see a legend and Icon doing cruise ships, you couldn't told me back in the 90s shit would get this basic :unsure: It's like she has one shoe in the door and the other out