Janet to Headline Tom Joyner Cruise in 2019

41 minutes ago, John.... said:

just messy af :lol:

:shifty: 

22 minutes ago, John.... said:

Over Celine? The same woman they built an entire venue for specifically?  wheres the fact checker? :unsure:

Fffff. gather her. On the real though janet deserved an award or something named after her by now. 

7 minutes ago, John.... said:

oh you mean like Prince on his "Hit and Run" tour when he announced a surprise stop in Detroit and I tried sooooo hard to get a seat but couldnt because it was sold out :umm:

Exactly like that! Ugh I feel your pain. 

2 hours ago, John.... said:

I should restate it. I'm concerned, as a die hard fan, that Janet's legacy will be tarnished, by her no less. I dont care about her purse, because I'm sure it's "plush" -_-  what I was referring to is her hustle. Janet's hustle game has been all over the place, so again for the upteenth time, a damn cruise ship :mellow:  

As for her European fans, after not one set of cancellations but two, she does owe them I will come out and say it. Matter of fact I applaud the European fans because they have taken most of what has happen with grace, let's put the shoe on the other foot. Had this ish went down with the US and everything was in another country, concerts, festivals, awards, we would be livid and we all know we wouldnt be quiet nor graceful about it either :umm:.

As for unpredictability being dismaying, most of us have been down for Janet like four flat tires, having said that, yes it is somewhat upsetting to see a legend and Icon doing cruise ships, you couldn't told me back in the 90s shit would get this basic :unsure: It's like she has one shoe in the door and the other out

Janet was just in Europe for the #1s tour, which in essence is just like the Unbreakable tour, and she even lives in London. She was also in Europe promoting M4N, and promised to take her tour internationally. 

What more do you want from her? Keep in mind, she has to raise her son, keep up with her divorce, take time for her family, friends, and herself..... I’m sorry that she doesn’t move on your schedule, or do what YOU want her to do. 

Hmm I think she addressed all this in TGF 🤷🏽‍♂️

You are more worried about Janet’s legacy than she is, that’s a problem.

1 hour ago, janet.1814 said:

Janet was just in Europe for the #1s tour, which in essence is just like the Unbreakable tour, and she even lives in London. She was also in Europe promoting M4N, and promised to take her tour internationally. 

What more do you want from her? Keep in mind, she has to raise her son, keep up with her divorce, take time for her family, friends, and herself..... I’m sorry that she doesn’t move on your schedule, or do what YOU want her to do. 

Hmm I think she addressed all this in TGF 🤷🏽‍♂️

You are more worried about Janet’s legacy than she is, that’s a problem.

I can say after all these decades, 14 concerts over 7 tours, I as a die hard care more about her legacy than she does yes I do -_-

6 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

Maybe u need to fill your life with other things than being worried about her legacy. 

Something which is already firmly in tact. 

Let's not do personal you've spoken your truth, as have others, and we've heard one another. My life isn't up for discussion, and if it were I'm too busy to be honest. I will always love Janet and want the best for her, she is the soundtrack to my life. Caring and worrying are different things, I dont worry so much as I do care about how Janet's massive body of work is viewed after all is said and done. I care about that, now worrying? nope that chick had a billionaires' baby on top of her own coin, NONE of us should worry about Janet Jackson -_-

2 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

Maybe u need to fill your life with other things than being worried about her legacy. 

Something which is already firmly in tact. 

I understand what y'all saying but you can't hate on the fact that Janet fans care about her legacy. There's actually a Janet facebook group called "Janet's Legacy Matters" filled with Janet fans who do care and are worried about her legacy. It's some of those same fans who actually got her to come out of retirement. If it weren't for us fans causing a media blitz by posting that "Janet missing" meme begging her to come back then who knows if we even would've gotten a history making "Unbreakable" album. It was us who helped put that fire back in her. Remember even Gil was sad about not hearing from her for months.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

That’s not what constitutes a sold out show, at least here... I believe it’s either 80-85% 

Honey a sold out show is what it says on the tin - sold out ie there’s no more tickets to be sold. Don’t change the definition to pacify yourself because that’s when stanning goes too far. She had plenty tickets available for most dates and even went to groupon to try to flog them and failed. 

On 11/23/2018 at 6:55 PM, Game For Now said:

It’s to line Janet’s pockets. It’s equivalent to performing in Dubai or opening an hotel(?) in the Caribbean 

naw B that had some dignity to it, it had some originality I mean let's go back and see who played Tom Joyner's last cruise. I mean if you're gonna make moves make em stand out as original and blaze a trail, not to say others haven't done hotel openings or even Dubai, JLo did Dubai before Janet, BUT the gig has ....."how do I put this?" "It has class to it I'll say that" -_-

1 hour ago, bu. said:

Honey a sold out show is what it says on the tin - sold out ie there’s no more tickets to be sold. Don’t change the definition to pacify yourself because that’s when stanning goes too far. She had plenty tickets available for most dates and even went to groupon to try to flog them and failed. 

I was so embarrassed by that. I don't care if other big artists have done it. Janet shouldn't of had to

10 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

I was so embarrassed by that. I don't care if other big artists have done it. Janet shouldn't of had to

Legit. Like that’s for Katy Perry to do not a legend like Janet. It was sad. 

I really hope I’m not coming across as a hater because I LOVE Janet but I can’t sit here and lie that she’s still got the same power as the 90s though. 

2 minutes ago, bu. said:

I really hope I’m not coming across as a hater because I LOVE Janet but I can’t sit here and lie that she’s still got the same power as the 90s though. 

none of us can, but the thing here is missed chances, and fuck ups. If yo man dont want you doing anything but sitting at the crib looking at yo "pretties" the diamonds and shit, okay, but she came with a great album and it was tour time. He had a lot to say about that, no men on stage, outfits and shit. I would have thought that if Janet did tour, or even drop an album it would be very very clear that this is what its going to be and we need to be right because otherwise shit is gonna go left :umm:  and that's exactly what happen !!! :sigh:  The fact of the matter is Janet "perfect Patty" fucked a lot of this up on her own. She could have stayed in hiding "Unbreakable" would have had a better rollout post divorce. BUT we can't control our own lives so whose to say she can either.

3 minutes ago, bu. said:

You're not coming across as a hater to me. You're coming across as a truthful Janet fan although I was like "bring it down a notch" when you were going in on her tour stats even though it was the truth. That was partial all to Janet. When Beyonce, Madonna, and everybody else goes on tour they perform at award shows and go on television to promote it. You can't just sell out all dates by your name alone and promote little to none. Even Bey and Jay'z tour together sold out most shows but not all. Janet to me is and will always be the standard female performer. She never needed all the theatrics to put on a great show. She just needed her band, dancers, and her presence that includes all her thrashing, stares, sass, gestures, and mannerisms. I know she's older now so i'm sure she gets tired more often than not.

Lets say this.

Janet does not feel anything is faltering w/ her legacy bc of the nonstop legendary praise that she gets day in and day out from the public,media and countless award shows honoring her. I actually think at this point Janet has won more PRESTIGIOUS awards than ANYBODY ..even Michael. So therefore I think Janet doesnt feel she has to work as hard to sell herself. She IS indeed delusional in that regard only bc everytime she seemed to rebuild her touring attendance, she does something that sets her back to the public not trusting her. She seems to be illuminated by circstances and situations constantly. So would have really expected her to have sold out tours today (with promo or not)??? Certainly not me. Be realistic. But i dont think that Janet doesnt care about her legacy i juss feel shes thinking like "whoever comes to see me -they will see me..whoever dont..they dont" .. Janet has always been very chill when it came to her success. She never seemed overly eager. For instance if you was to come backstage and tell Madonna "Hey Madge, the arena is only half full" ...Madonna would have a fit! Would go into a complete rage out of ego. If you tell Janet the same thing..Janet would be like "alright lets go put on a good show for these ppl".. We will never understand why Janet does what she do now...and frankly yall should be exhausted trying to figure it out. Lol

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

You're not coming across as a hater to me. You're coming across as a truthful Janet fan although I was like "bring it down a notch" when you were going in on her tour stats even though it was the truth. That was partial all to Janet. When Beyonce, Madonna, and everybody else goes on tour they perform at award shows and go on television to promote it. You can't just sell out all dates by your name alone and promote little to none. Even Bey and Jay'z tour together sold out most shows but not all. Janet to me is and will always be the standard female performer. She never needed all the theatrics to put on a great show. She just needed her band, dancers, and her presence that includes all her thrashing, stares, sass, gestures, and mannerisms. I know she's older now so i'm sure she gets tired more often than not.

I'm glad I'm not coming across that way then haha. I don't think there's anything more I can say tbh otherwise it's just beating a dead horse with folks. 

5 hours ago, bu. said:

I thought the Groupon thing was successful. I know at least in my city (Chicago) they sold out pretty quickly.  I think some of the struggles were emphasized during the earlier run of the tour. But things is as people found out that she was on tour, things started to improved.

The only people embarassed about the Groupon things are some nitpicky fans. Most people didn't really care, mostly because that was the first major promotional tool. 

I'm not a fan of how it impacted the gross though.

• Upvote 1