Janet Jackson Officially A R&R Hall of Famer, December 13th, 2018

Bailey

now to set some voodoo spirits freeer than a black sheet in Spain :rolleyes: I do NOT support the logic being employed, what I am saying is that "tokenism" is a real thing and its been at play in the Hall for quite some time, the only difference is this year there's no shoe in rap act like Tupac or NWA

JanetJackson.jpg

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, John.... said:

now to set some voodoo spirits freeer than a black sheet in Spain :rolleyes: 

FYI...the voodoo spirits wouldn't want Janet a part of that institution. In the grand scheme of things...such as space and time and such and such....that shit don't matter. She has been recognized plenty of times, her history is already set in stone but what do I know :rolleyes:

I would implore you all not to be ruled by the entity of anger or despair if she is not selected. Don't let the masters of delusions control you to think that this shit is that important....it's not.

7 hours ago, Voodoo.Queen said:

FYI...the voodoo spirits wouldn't want Janet a part of that institution. In the grand scheme of things...such as space and time and such and such....that shit don't matter. She has been recognized plenty of times, her history is already set in stone but what do I know :rolleyes:

I would implore you all not to be ruled by the entity of anger or despair if she is not selected. Don't let the masters of delusions control you to think that this shit is that important....it's not.

I totally get it, I get it, don't let it be important, because neither she nor us have control over this highly selective and puzzling institution. Don't let external validation make or break what it already solid......I GET IT.....Hotsy, You, we get it

NOW ...hear  the rest of us, we want this more than anything else we want this :filenails: and the argument you guys have isn't new and wont end with Janet, plenty of groups say they don't care, or refuse to show up to induction, because why give them the power.....but they have the power, and who they say goes in matters we don't like it, we want to take the power back.....I GET IT

R&R Hall discussion, this guy voted in the actual process and votes were due 12/10/2018, so the  2019 decision is  recent of whose in and whose not....quick crib note, he voted for Janet Jackson

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/12/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-voter-chris-molanphy-on-whos-in-and-whos-out.html

https://megaphone.link/PPY5747342603

• Upvote 1

the Hall usually inducts 6 and this year those would be more than that, also sometimes an inductee comes in under "musical influencer" as in some special inductee designation. I am reading the comments for that "leaked" list and there is a LOT of discussion and debate

okay after reading more commentary two things I believe happen, one the decision of whose in is very last minute as in this week alone. I have read before in some article there is a back and forth amongst the voters towards the end of who needs more votes to get in and who will get behind this act if you vote for this other act. Two, there is a great amount of discussion over bands and having too many electronic bands coming in at once, so there's some discussion Kraftwerk  was in and somehow got switched out for Janet Jackson. I notice the ones that no one is debating are the solids we already knew were, Stevie Nicks and Def Leopard. Janet Jackson is being seen as a barely got in if she actually did.

1 minute ago, Illi said:

I'm gonna be honest. If Janet is indeed announced, I hope rock fans don't come out with pitchforks and torches over it.

I thought about this too, and this year I am getting the impression that a lot of (White folk) are saying Janet Jackson deserves induction. NOW every year whether or not someone is Rock will be debated, they did that with Madonna. To assuage any concerns the Hall needs to induct enough "Rock" to shut that talk down, Def Leopard plus those bands ends too much flack

2 minutes ago, J. said:

Who cares about them

I agree only because they will never want anything nor anyone not "Rock" in and that limits out a lot of folks, but worst these folks truly believe "rock" is a White invention. It's not "rock" as a genre has Blacks as the architects while, White folks came in and stole the shit :filenails: