Janet Jackson Officially A R&R Hall of Famer, December 13th, 2018

Bailey

1 minute ago, T.C said:

2018 really has been amazing for her. This is what the ‘Unbreakable’ era SHOULD have been. 

she's had a pretty good year yes....MFN over 50 million views, her American leg of her tour wrapped up and she really showed she still has it. The future is what she makes of it :wub:

57 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Doesn't this make her the only black female from the 80s to get inducted and her and Michael are the only brother and sister to get inducted? Either way well deserved! 

Sort of, there are other black performers inducted that were in the charts in the 80s but none that started in the 80s. The Staple Singers are a group of sisters/brother that are already inducted.

They get to perform at the show right?!

If she does I hope she shows her ass and fucks that stage up....12 years of being eligible...I need her to have the blackest cat on that stage, 4 Black Panthers (the animal and members from the radical revolutionary group) and King T'Challa

On 8/26/2018 at 7:53 PM, Mr. Wonder said:

So far so good. She's making all of the right PR moves, and keeping her name out there right up until nominations. Which is what I said she should/would have to do like two or three years ago, and ppl on here admonished me for it. I believe if she keeps the momentum going, I think she'll get inducted this year. At which point, I will make it about me because I said she should do this years ago. Thus stroking my ego and reaffirming my position as dominate male of the pride. :coffee:

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

56 minutes ago, Voodoo.Queen said:

They get to perform at the show right?!

If she does I hope she shows her ass and fucks that stage up....12 years of being eligible...I need her to have the blackest cat on that stage, 4 Black Panthers (the animal and members from the radical revolutionary group) and King T'Challa

I could see that, or the opposite, a totally stripped down/acoustic/live singing performance of one or two of her ballads.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

tenor.gif

Boy gone! Anyway I don't want her to perform for those hoes since they shut her out twice before and gave Madonnasaur passage on her 1st eligibility. Now let me get back to dragging these mad white people on twitter with the rest of the Janet fans. They do this shit every time. :rolleyes: 

2 hours ago, Amy said:

So who do you think will induct her? Jimmy and Terry?

that's a good question. I believe if anything this historical moment sets the blueprint for Janet influenced artists to follow....trust and believe the Beyonces, Britney Spears, and several others are taking notes :filenails: 

This bitch on the news actually called her the whispering icon....Bitch! :lol:

#whisperQueen

Anywho...I would like one of her disciples to present her with the award and I'm thinking the one who is most culturally relevant and has a Pulitzer Prize...they name start with a K and end with ENDRICK :rolleyes:

this will tie into my Black Cat/Panther theme :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Voodoo.Queen said:

This bitch on the news actually called her the whispering icon....Bitch! :lol:

#whisperQueen

Anywho...I would like one of her disciples to present her with the award and I'm thinking the one who is most culturally relevant and has a Pulitzer Prize...they name start with a K and end with ENDRICK :rolleyes:

this will tie into my Black Cat/Panther theme :rolleyes:

I imagine you must be a good fuck, because it sounds like you really put a lot of thought into your "productions"  Ima have to come through -_- besides I have to return yo wig :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Angela said:

Sensational! Congratulations! I’m happy and proud of her. Long overdue and well deserved. I am so proud to see her get her recognition this year. I’m also happy for Stevie Nicks as well. 

I hope we get a collab -_- and if they do a video, Janet can just wear something from Stevie's closet...wardrobe budget non existent 

5 hours ago, Voodoo.Queen said:

I hope we get a collab -_- and if they do a video, Janet can just wear something from Stevie's closet...wardrobe budget non existent 

I expect them to show up in matching outfits. I’m not gonna lie, I’m a little surprised by my reaction about finding out. I blinked back tears. 

• Upvote 1

I think this is a watershed moment for great entertainers in music that are not seen as traditional rock artists. Again, Janet has open the door for those that will make a case they deserve induction as well, despite not being "rock" artists in the traditional sense. Having the Hall induct Janet sets precedent for Iconic acts that have been dismissed before now.  Janet Jackson's induction is the perfect representation of her career, inclusive, progressive, and breaks color lines too

1 minute ago, Rocknet said:

I think this is a watershed moment for great entertainers in music that are not seen as traditional rock artists. Again, Janet has open the door for those that will make a case they deserve induction as well, despite not being "rock" artists in the traditional sense. Having the Hall induct Janet sets precedent for Iconic acts that have been dismissed before now.

Honestly I think it will cause the Hall to look more at urban contemporary acts. This will definitely pave the way for Mary J Blige, Alicia Keys, TLC etc.

• Like 1