Janet Jackson Officially A R&R Hall of Famer, December 13th, 2018

Bailey

2 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

PREACH. Her presence has always been what Control is about, her music (ESPECIALLY her masterpiece last year) is the child of Rhythm Nation, janet., & The Velvet Rope. Janet has many musical daughters, some represent her singing style, some represent her performance style, most represent both, but few represent her artistry and activism at it's best (and in many ways keeps the conversations that Janet got started and got popular 20-30yrs ago going), and Janelle is that daughter.

Not to mention Janelle is both black and queer...that's basically Janet's audience in a nutshell. Janelle is about to Stan on that stage and you hoes will deal!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

Have to agree with you here. It just seems so anticlimactic. It should've been one of her peers like Mariah. 

Have you seen some of the people that are doing the "inducting"?  Harry Styles speaking for the legendary Stevie Nicks. :blink: 

Tragique.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hotboy06 said:

Have you seen some of the people that are doing the "inducting"?  Harry Styles speaking for the legendary Stevie Nicks. :blink: 

Tragique.

My goodness there was no one else available? :blink: I think the inductor should be a peer, and/or someone who's on his or her way to being inducted themselves. 

2 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Janelle?

Of allllllllllllllllllllllllllll people... Really? 

I am not feelin it at all

we all have to consider what's going on in Jackson land and suck it up and deal as best we can. Right now at least she's still attending okay

4 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

Tragique.

well I'm more interested in the speech Janet gives ....now this is the speech I hope she really take it up

2 hours ago, feehgarcia said:

lol bet she won't

that would be a terrible look because the criticisms she gets are based on her being a "pop star" and not so musician, so she should perform and shut it down. We and Janet should recognize this is no ordinary award, this is one for the history books, this is one of those it goes in the autobiography :coffee:

Listen. I dont have an issue w/ Janelle the thing is..i thought it would be someone who played some part in her career and/or some prominent well seasoned figure in the world of entertainment. Like Austin said...a peer like Mariah...hell even a Stevie, an Elton, or even shit a Grace Jones. But im certainly not in here tryna be the "complaining stan" ...lol I was juss being vocal about me not being excited about Janelle. No biggie. Im more glad Janet is getting her day regardless. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

Listen. I dont have an issue w/ Janelle the thing is..i thought it would be someone who played some part in her career and/or some prominent well seasoned figure in the world of entertainment. Like Austin said...a peer like Mariah...hell even a Stevie, an Elton, or even shit a Grace Jones. But im certainly not in here tryna be the "complaining stan" ...lol I was juss being vocal about me not being excited about Janelle. No biggie. Im more glad Janet is getting her day regardless. 

I understand and Im with you, but again, considering the "stuff" going on I'm actually glad she's attending and not in hiding somewhere, and Janelle has shown influence from Janet and respect towards her. I'm low key thinking of all the tributes and respect paid to Janet, this one Beyonce could/should have done if it was about her children -_-

42 minutes ago, janetDAYZ said:

Elton John sand Grace Jones have nothing to do with Janet. Stevie, I guess. But despite Janet saying so, I don’t hear his influence in any of her music, aside from a few samples. Mariah will induct Whitney, which would be much more appropriate than Janet.

1 minute ago, Black Eagle said:

Elton John sand Grace Jones have nothing to do with Janet. Stevie, I guess. But despite Janet saying so, I don’t hear his influence in any of her music, aside from a few samples. Mariah will induct Whitney, which would be much more appropriate than Janet.

Grace Jones has spoken less than flattering of Janet in the past so I believe its true, not to mention the fact Grace Jones is nuttier than squirrel shit anyway so probably best :coffee:

The only problem with Janelle is that she isn't the megastar who some think well better validate Janet's legacy. However, her music is a lot of Janet infliences and she is well-abled to articulate Janet's  influence on her life and that of many others.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

:umm: You thinking Mariah EgoistiCarey would do anything for anyone bigger artist

And at least it’s not the model Ciara 

Absolutely. Mariah gave a speech about Whitney at the BET Awards. She's spoken highly about Janet on numerous occasions dating back to the early 2000s. Honestly, it should really be a peer imo. Someone who was there to witness Janet at her peak. Toni, MJB, hell even Celine. I have nothing against Janelle, but this is a momentous career milestone and everything should reflect that. 

54 minutes ago, Mr. Wonder said:

Absolutely. Mariah gave a speech about Whitney at the BET Awards. She's spoken highly about Janet on numerous occasions dating back to the early 2000s. Honestly, it should really be a peer imo. Someone who was there to witness Janet at her peak. Toni, MJB, hell even Celine. I have nothing against Janelle, but this is a momentous career milestone and everything should reflect that. 

then you call Beyonce and pretend all this other "stuff" isnt happening at the same time as Janet is being inducted, otherwise you suck it up be grateful for Janelle and move on :umm: and to the case of it being a peer Madonna was inducted by JT so that's not necessary, it's sorta like passing the baton

1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

:umm: You thinking Mariah EgoistiCarey would do anything for anyone bigger artist

And at least it’s not the model Ciara 

I dont spot lies and this is a first in awhile with you :umm:

If you know Mariah you know she dont do  other bitches :umm:, she wont even do the MET Gala because it's other chicks there that may take her shine, when it comes to Mariah its all about Mariah

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, jarrylf said:

PREACH. Her presence has always been what Control is about, her music (ESPECIALLY her masterpiece last year) is the child of Rhythm Nation, janet., & The Velvet Rope. Janet has many musical daughters, some represent her singing style, some represent her performance style, most represent both, but few represent her artistry and activism at it's best (and in many ways keeps the conversations that Janet got started and got popular 20-30yrs ago going), and Janelle is that daughter.

Amen.

Janelle is an amazing choice and the obvious artistic child of Janet and Prince.

3 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

Janelle is 33 years old. She was plenty there to witness Janet in the '90s aka her peak.

Are y'all forgetting that JT inducted Madonna? This is nothing new.

• Upvote 2

Just now, eli's_rhythm said:

Janelle is 33 years old. She was plenty there to witness Janet in the '90s aka her peak.

Are y'all forgetting that JT inducted Madonna? This is nothing new.

And Alicia Keys inducted Prince in 04 :ph34r:

Not to mention NSYNC inducted MJ :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, eli's_rhythm said:

Amen.

Janelle is an amazing choice and the obvious artistic child of Janet and Prince.

All truth. She's so damn unopologetic in her everything, I live for it, and the chick is a talented as she is? She is a queen in the making.

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

And Alicia Keys inducted Prince in 04 :ph34r:

Not to mention NSYNC inducted MJ :ph34r:

Image result for clutches pearls gif

Alicia I get cause she covered Prince on her 1st album......but....homegirl was UBER new still in 04....that's....a damn mess & shame for both legacies. 

• Upvote 1