Janet Jackson Officially A R&R Hall of Famer, December 13th, 2018

Bailey

2 hours ago, Game For Now said:

That’s not what the presenter is gonna do especially Janelle who can’t sell or stream 

You had to throw shade :rolleyes::lol:

Janelle is not anybody's first choice but she will work. The great thing about Janelle is that she has a way with words and very confident in front of a large audience...there won't be no long pauses, no stumbling of words and she is very familiar with the subject matter. I can't say the same about other people who were mentioned.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Voodoo said:

Janelle is not anybody's first choice but she will work. The great thing about Janelle is that she has a way with words and very confident in front of a large audience...there won't be no long pauses, no stumbling of words and she is very familiar with the subject matter. I can't say the same about other people who were mentioned.

I sure cant tell based on the happy responses in this thread like she is the PERFECT choice

2 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

Hell, I would take Britknee Spears over Janelle but hey...

Britney cancelled her tour to “take care of her daddy”.. she’s a little busy 

4 hours ago, Voodoo said:

I’m just being realistic to someone out of touch with the current landscape . While Janelle is cool... This event isn’t televised and no one cares about the presenter 

1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

Britney cancelled her tour to “take care of her daddy”.. she’s a little busy 

I’m just being realistic to someone out of touch with the current landscape . While Janelle is cool... This event isn’t televised and no one cares about the presenter 

RIGHT!?!?!? Folks acting like this is the Grammy's, Emmy's, or Oscars :lmao: .

On 3/15/2019 at 2:44 PM, Game For Now said:

and no one cares about the presenter 

This is literally how I feel. I didn’t even know who presented all the other legends that were mentioned. I only care that Janet is getting in and potentially setting a trend for her peers and those that came after her which is amazing. I also do not listen to Janelle Monae. 

I'm feeling some kinda way, first off I dont want the fact Janet's induction paves the way for the other chicks to be forgotten or "lost" in the suffle, and I could see that happening because people like to down play Janet's impact, let's not forget how hard the fan base worked over this induction. Second off, I'm not so low key pissed that the #induct is being used by other fan bases now, fuck that they need to recognize where they stole that from :filenails:

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

I'm feeling some kinda way, first off I dont want the fact Janet's induction paves the way for the other chicks to be forgotten or "lost" in the suffle, and I could see that happening because people like to down play Janet's impact, let's not forget how hard the fan base worked over this induction. Second off, I'm not so low key pissed that the #induct is being used by other fan bases now, fuck that they need to recognize where they stole that from :filenails:

Janet forever setting trends even to this day!!! 😫😫😫

tenor.gif?itemid=13030766

🤓🤪

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:53 PM, janetDAYZ said:

Mariah doesnt seem as far fetched as you all would like to think. Mariah has always liked Janet and had a respect for Janet. Mariah praised Janet's "Control" era and loved how Janet was a woman coming into her own..the whole girl power thing. And not to mention we have seen Mariah and Janet photographed many of times. Its beyond clear that they are "friends" to some degree. At Oprah's Legend ball... There was a day where Janet and Mariah were talking and hanging with each other the whole day while the other female celebs were linked up in other groups. Mariah also spoke about how Janet was the beginning of revolutionizing music videos. So with all that being said ..if asked..im sure Mariah would have done it bc Janet was before her and she understands Janets impact and is a friend. How Janet fans are not familiar w/ Janet and Mariahs admiration for each other is beyond me. GOOGLE.

Mariah would have did it if she was asked..Janet's induction will set a precedent for Mariah's own induction..so it would have been a win/win imo.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Anyone going to the RRHOF Induction Ceremony next week?

I'll be hosting a pre-show lunch at Don Chingon's at 4pm. The address is 216 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217. 

Take a look at the menu here - http://donchingon.nyc/menu/

Aside from the induction ceremony, I'll also be at DJ Aktive's after party.

Hope to see you all there!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kishi said:

Anyone going to the RRHOF Induction Ceremony next week?

I'll be hosting a pre-show lunch at Don Chingon's at 4pm. The address is 216 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217. 

Take a look at the menu here - http://donchingon.nyc/menu/

Aside from the induction ceremony, I'll also be at DJ Aktive's after party.

Hope to see you all there!

I can't be there, I'm fucking poor :umm: but I'll be there in spirit

I also think Janelle is a good choice. She’s definitely a huge Janet fan (at Panorama she stayed for Janet’s set and showing Janet a lot of love on social media). Plus, I see similarities in Janelle’s career that shows she def drew inspiration from Janet: songs about social issues, style choices (when Janelle’s style was more androgynous and only wore black and white, it reminded me of Janet’s RN look and her own sexy tomboy style that a big part of her early career), Janelle exploring more sensual subjects lately the way Janet did on the Janet album.

I think Janelle will make us proud. 

But here’s what I’m wondering... WHAT SONG(S) DO YOU THINK JANET WILL PERFORM?!?