Kevin Hart steps down as Oscar host....

Bailey

The original comments sucked and were very homophobic.  And he could have used the platform to further show how he has grown as a person since then.  Made a big public apology, do something useful with the platform.  You are about to host a room full of gays and their hairstylists, makeup artists, wig technicians.  It is up to him to prove he's on the right side of history now despite the awful things he said previously.  

That's assuming he has evolved his positions and truly understands he was wrong.  If he hasn't and still believes that shit then fuck him

Hosting the Oscars can be a great notch under your belt kinda move, or you could suck at it so bad you go into career "sleep" anyone remember how bad Neil Patrick Harris did? :umm: 

As for Kevin Hart, Ima need to read the comments, I read they spent a lot of time cleaning his Twitter up after the backlash started. So what did he say? And why do Black male comics still think its okay to damn gays? Another one Tracey Morgan, he's said a lot of terrible things I have read, and I would never support him :umm: every time I see Tracey Morgan I think "yea he has a lot to say about gays" :umm:

31 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Bailey left some things out 

Kevin Hart, despite apologizing for it before, was given the ultimatum to apologize once again then he would have been in the clear

but his ego got in the way, he refused to apologize again and decided to step down

let's be clear here, I am just reporting the story no tea no shade, but I don't know what the man even said in the first place. :lol:  What I do know is I skimmed the article link posted here and it sounded like as you said his ego got in the way of his last apology which came across as anything but an apology :lol:  I like Kevin Hart I don't find him so funny Id pay to see him, but Oscars try again and get someone that's still a person of color that can pull it off

7 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

The original comments sucked and were very homophobic.  And he could have used the platform to further show how he has grown as a person since then.  Made a big public apology, do something useful with the platform.  You are about to host a room full of gays and their hairstylists, makeup artists, wig technicians.  It is up to him to prove he's on the right side of history now despite the awful things he said previously.  

That's assuming he has evolved his positions and truly understands he was wrong.  If he hasn't and still believes that shit then fuck him

fuck him, he's a cheating idiot anyway and i've never found his jokes funny. He pretty much said if you want an apology for his gay remarks to go back and look it up. Bitch what kind of sincerity is that? I don't care how long ago you supposedly apologized, some people are just now finding this out like myself. Now he's lost more fans for being an arrogant asshole.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, John.... said:

let's be clear here, I am just reporting the story no tea no shade, but I don't know what the man even said in the first place. :lol:  What I do know is I skimmed the article link posted here and it sounded like as you said his ego got in the way of his last apology which came across as anything but an apology :lol:  I like Kevin Hart I don't find him so funny Id pay to see him, but Oscars try again and get someone that's still a person of color that can pull it off

This is why we can’t have nice things. Joe is right though... there’s no limits on apologizing. Apologize again and again until every gay child, adult hears it if you have to 

41 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

This is why we can’t have nice things. Joe is right though... there’s no limits on apologizing. Apologize again and again until every gay child, adult hears it if you have to 

we can have nice things, folks need to do their homework and better vetting when dealing with comedians, I mean Roseanne Barr ring a bell? :umm:  If the general public can bring up receipts of homophobic comments a team deciding whose going to host the Oscars could have done the same thing.

1 hour ago, John.... said:

we can have nice things, folks need to do their homework and better vetting when dealing with comedians, I mean Roseanne Barr ring a bell? :umm:  If the general public can bring up receipts of homophobic comments a team deciding whose going to host the Oscars could have done the same thing.

I don’t know her

They didn’t know there would be backlash especially since he’s a huge actor. But like you said, the Oscars is the lesser gay Tony’s.. you think they would be aware

On 12/10/2018 at 7:55 AM, hotboy06 said:

Unfunny little twat.  He should have just apologized instead of letting his ego get in the way.  He still would have had the hosting gig. Oh well.

considering what I do know now, it's hard to support that, there are receipts out there where he was broke dating a dark skin woman and he left her when he got money for a light skin chick. Colorism is real and we gotta let it go, there's beauty in all shades of the rainbow, but as Black men we have to couple that with our actions. Samuel Jackson, love him cause he has that beautiful black wife and she's been his wife for years, same story with Denzel...good black don't crack -_-