‘Leaving Neverland’, Docu about MJ’s Victims, Coming to HBO in March

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

2 hours ago, Voodoo said:

And so it begins....

Vulture just wrote a damning article about Michael Jackson in response to viewing Leaving Neverland. From what I read the writer thinks he is guilty.

Chile...

A lot of writers do based on just watching the documentary alone. 

I like these better, seeing as how unlike the Vulture one the authors did their research and seemingly weren't introduced to the 2 in this film, and if they were bothered to fact check and look into their claims vs. being going off of performance like sheep. :coffee:

The larger issue with Leaving Neverland, though, is that for something that calls itself a “documentary,” it is woefully one-sided — and in some cases, conveniently selective about the information it chooses to include about its two subjects. 

Neverland all but ignores Robson and Safechuck’s lawsuits against the Jackson estate — both of which were dismissed and are currently under appeal. Though Robson’s suit is mentioned in the film, neither he nor Safechuck are questioned about the ongoing litigation or their motives for pursuing it.

https://ew.com/tv-reviews/2019/02/21/leaving-neverland-review/

The problem with “Leaving Neverland” is, as mentioned, that two proven liars are the sources here, which makes the doc feel like a hit piece rather than any kind of artistic statement.

Michael Jackson was, and still is, a well-loved musician, who was also a terrible judge of character, and a naive fool. He spent the better part of his large extravagant life trusting some of the shadiest characters imaginable. He made extremely bad choices because he had lost touch with the way of life of the normal people and had no idea that his friendships with young people (by the way, it wasn’t only boys, there were lots of girls too, but none of their parents ever sued or blackmailed him) may be seen as sinister. I believe that he really didn’t get it.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2019/2/leaving-neverland

There’s no video or audio evidence of actual crimes

At times “Leaving Neverland” feels more like a deposition than a documentary, given we’re hearing from only one side, again and again.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/in-hbo-documentary-michael-jackson-is-possibly-a-molester-definitely-a-weirdo/

And yes yes I know many in the general public will be too lazy to do research like the Vulture critic, that is disturbing that overall consensus is that it's an entertaining piece but stupid people will believe it based little to no evidence. That was interesting about the "proof" but then when you think about when they filed suit, they had to present everything they have including pictures & audio, and if it wasn't enough to not get their case thrown out and stop their money grab....I'm legit doubting it's anything really damning to anyone who knows their back story. :coffee:

• Upvote 2

That middle link is a blog... which don’t matter and is biased

According to the judges, why were their cases thrown out? Clue: it wasn’t because of “lack of evidence” or “perjury” 

This the most important portion on Variety’s article that we see day after day with sexual assault, rape, molestation victims. That MJ wackos will go to the moon and back to try to discredit his victims time & time again repeating the same ol rhetoric over and over, pretending as if it’s about money (neither are getting paid to come out) or fame (won’t make them famous) or to discredit MJ’s legacy (both said that is not the case)  

They know that people who have never experienced abuse won’t understand

"it presents a convinceing case"= dumb people who don't do research and quick to judge are likely to believe it (I didn't highlight that because it's a given, I've been giving them props in that their performances are apparently very good)

thing is tho...

13 hours ago, jarrylf said:

"There’s no video or audio evidence of actual crimes"

So basically everyone who is on their side =

Animated GIF

AHHHH so you ONLY need to prove you're not lying about your damning accusations when you're going to court, not in life :lmao: God forbid they have proof to back up their claims. I'm sorry, you can't call someone something damning without factual evidence to prove your point, especially when it's tons of evidence against your claims and your character. 

It's accusors who've changed their minds and have no evidence (Wade even calling his memories of abuse "new memories" :lmao:)  vs. a dead man and people who care about facts vs. opinion & acting

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Watch the docu which I’m sure you won

They didn’t change their minds... He was once converse, threatened

Um whether or not I do or don't (I already said I will to mock them, and judge their acting), the only thing I'd be curious about watching it for has already been addressed

16 hours ago, jarrylf said:

There’s no video or audio evidence of actual crimes:coffee:

That what he alleges, but he was factually fired and broke and came up with a story & went for millions and sold his MJ stuff for $$$$. Facts aren't just for Jussie :lmao:

The doc isn't OJ Made In America or Surviving R.Kelly, both sides were represented in the docs, but also they offered proof & new evidence. This doc is out to tell the truth, it's out to tell their "stories" and that's cute, but in accusations, I care about truth & proof, and this doc by all accounts lacks both and almost thrives on it, it's damn near yelling at people "DON'T LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE....listen to what we came up with....it's more moving"

Animated GIF

Bitch I know I didn't just read that Oprah is doing an 'After Neverland' special where she will sit down with his accusers....

Chile

Ugh! I just wanted Janet inducted before all of this popped off...im know it doesn't affect anything but Janet might be a little guarded and may stay clear of interviews. Fuck! :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Bitch I know I didn't just read that Oprah is doing an 'After Neverland' special where she will sit down with his accusers....

Chile

Ugh! I just wanted Janet inducted before all of this popped off...im know it doesn't affect anything but Janet might be a little guarded and may stay clear of interviews. Fuck! :rolleyes:

Good for Oprah. I hope she goes for credibility 

9 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Chile

we are basing this on the thought there may be some media storm and I keep saying thats going to be hard when MJ is dead, and these guys have had their day in court. I think it would be best to let this come and go under the radar....that is if the Estate cannot do their job and stop this shit altogether

10 hours ago, Voodoo said:

Chile

The good sis is trying to bury the documentary about her friend Harvey’s weinstein I see :shifty:

• Upvote 2