Jump to content

Jussie Smollet case dropped


bu.
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

This is just weird as fuck.  So charges were brought saying its all fake.  Now EVERY charge is dropped by prosecuters and his lawyers are saying :

 

“Today, all criminal charges against Jussie Smollett were dropped and his record has been wiped clean of the filing of this tragic complaint against him. Jussie was attacked by two people he was unable to identify on Jan. 29. He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgment.”

The statement went on: “Jussie is relieved to have this situation behind him and is very much looking forward to getting back to focusing on his family, friends and career.”

 

What happened to the "admission" it was for attention and pay raise?  Was that true or lie?  This lawyer statement is suggesting he DID get attacked and he did NOT stage it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Voodoo said:

I can't believe people actually thought he was going to jail for lying....? :blink:

I don't know if he is innocent or guilty, I do know that Chicago PD did the absolute most and was caught purposely giving the public false information. 

oh the Chicago PD read him for filth -_-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is literally why I have been quiet AF about this, it's been weird and tricky all along, and weirder than the allegations, was how the police handled it all and was leaking "information" so fast and so immediately, I didn't expect this, but I knew it was a possibility, the cops might've compromised their case by letting so much get public so fast.

 

That's why I reserve judgment (and still do in this case) until more unfolds or more information becomes available...:coffee:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

I can't believe people actually thought he was going to jail for lying....? :blink:

I don't know if he is innocent or guilty, I do know that Chicago PD did the absolute most and was caught purposely giving the public false information. 

Jail? No... a hefty fine at most 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly he might even up having a case to sue somebody.  It was practically accepted everywhere that he made this all up for money and attention.  And reported as fact.  He hasn't appeared on Empire etc, his reputation and shit is legit sullied.

For one thing Fox is going to have to give him his job back they can't fire him if there's no charges and he has had his record completely expunged.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe this is why... they felt like those were enough.. idk 

 "After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollet’s volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You would think that there would have been some agreement that OK you let us keep the bond you posted as restitution we drop everything....but you cant go around claiming you were innocent all along.

This is being handled weird.  I get the city saying fine keeping his bond pays for the investigation man hours and its not worth the expense dragging this to court etc.  But, I don't get them allowing a cloud to hang over the department, and investigation.  If he's going to go around claiming he was innocent all along and they tried him in the court of public opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jarrylf said:

This is SUCH a bad look for Chicago PD.....but they really did it to themselves.

I wouldn't blame Jussie at all if he wanted/decided to sue, he took such a dragging. I really wonder what his next move will be.

Sue? He is lucky to have gotten off. This doesnt mean he is innocent at all. This is all about economical and social status. He went and got high powered attorneys..and once u have them in place, you pretty much are gonna get off with a slap on the wrist or in his case much less. Its crooked shit goin on on both sides if you ask me and they decided to cancel each others bullshit out by juss letting it go. No harm no foul. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, janetDAYZ said:

Sue? He is lucky to have gotten off. This doesnt mean he is innocent at all. This is all about economical and social status. He went and got high powered attorneys..and once u have them in place, you pretty much are gonna get off with a slap on the wrist or in his case much less. Its crooked shit goin on on both sides if you ask me and they decided to cancel each others bullshit out by juss letting it go. No harm no foul. 

Thank you! Gays kill me wanting this man to get off on faking his attack just cause he's gay and Chicago PD was lying. Jussie started this whole damn thing:blink:

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't press my luck either, but Im actually pleased with the outcome because how many actors of other races do bad shit all the time and they never get held accountable? This dude, like it or not, was trying to come up albeit the wrong way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

You would think that there would have been some agreement that OK you let us keep the bond you posted as restitution we drop everything....but you cant go around claiming you were innocent all along.

This is being handled weird.  I get the city saying fine keeping his bond pays for the investigation man hours and its not worth the expense dragging this to court etc.  But, I don't get them allowing a cloud to hang over the department, and investigation.  If he's going to go around claiming he was innocent all along and they tried him in the court of public opinion.

The police department never said he was exonerated... they just dropped the charges 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, janetDAYZ said:

Sue? He is lucky to have gotten off. This doesnt mean he is innocent at all. This is all about economical and social status. He went and got high powered attorneys..and once u have them in place, you pretty much are gonna get off with a slap on the wrist or in his case much less. Its crooked shit goin on on both sides if you ask me and they decided to cancel each others bullshit out by juss letting it go. No harm no foul. 

He’s not lucky... he’s rich. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

now see I spot a lie, to let him tell it he aint rich.....he might be well to do but he probably aint rich and this circumstance doesn't help the pockets

So you heard him say he is not rich?...if so show me the receipt. Jussie is well connected and can still make the machine money...so slapping him on the wrist is typical with these celebrity cases, just ask R Kelly. Now when he can no longer make the machine money...they will go after him in the court of public opinion and perhaps make a documentary about it to persuade you sheeple in 10 years and he will be brought up on new charges/evidence

But that's none of my business.

Everybody swears they know the answers..but

'You ain't got the answers Sway'

Now make sure y'all keep this same energy when they let Aunt Becky and dem go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

So you heard him say he is not rich?...if so show me the receipt. Jussie is well connected and can still make the machine money...so slapping him on the wrist is typical with these celebrity cases, just ask R Kelly. Now when he can no longer make the machine money...they will go after him in the court of public opinion and perhaps make a documentary about it to persuade you sheeple in 10 years and he will be brought up on new charges/evidence

But that's none of my business.

Everybody swears they know the answers..but

'You ain't got the answers Sway'

Now make sure y'all keep this same energy when they let Aunt Becky and dem go.

whitie got aunt Becky and her man okay ....over here trying it ....wanting to drive the SUV while we getting chased and I said get yo ass in the back :rolleyes:

Jussie Smollett Net Worth 2019. Jussie Smollett net worth is estimated at $500,000. Most of that money came from his salary for Empire. In 2016, he was earning $20,000 per episode.Mar 4, 2019

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Bailey said:

now see I spot a lie, to let him tell it he aint rich.....he might be well to do but he probably aint rich and this circumstance doesn't help the pockets

If the man was able to afford Michael Jackson's former attorney and another high profile attorney. I would say he has to be rich. Stop trying to split hairs here. The boy got money. Been on a successful show for 5 years? Come on now. He never said he wasnt rich, he felt he deserved a higher salary (alledegly) ....thats TWO different things.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...